The Official Halo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, May 16, 2014.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Sounds pretty fucking sweet. And free DLC? Looks like 343i is taking cues from the success of CD Projekt RED.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

That whole squad mechanic is pretty much exactly what I wanted from Halo Reach. Glad to see it's being implemented here.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

BLUE TEAM!!!

I am SO pumped now. It's about time Blue Team made it into a game. I thought for sure they'd be in Halo 2, at least in one mission. Fuck yes.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Here is the full online article if y'all want to read about it in more detail and/or want to see new in game images.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Zm0gi

In addition to the full article, the YouTuber Greenskull got the chance to visit 343 Industries and play Halo 5: Guardians. He so kindly wrote an article about his experience there, informs us about some new info, and also gives us some high res images, screenshots, and concept art. Check out the article here: http://www.readyuplive.com/2015/06/my-halo-5-guardians-experience/

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wow... After episode 13 of Hunt The Truth... Man. Ben got railroaded pretty freaking hard... I still can'take believe ONI pinned everything on Ben. Hopefully Petra can expose the truth where Ben couldnt.

brady

Episode 12. FULL PAYLOAD

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/episode-12-full-payload

Episode 13. IN THE BAG

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/episode-13-in-the-bag

Wow. I gotta say, I am impressed by what 343i has done with this. I will be honest, I was so pissed when I found out that when Hunt The Truth was revealed, we weren't getting a trailer or gameplay. But 12 weeks and 13 episodes later, I can easily say that this episodic story was far better than what any trailer could have provided us. And I am even more glad knowing that it isn't ending here. I am truly sad to know that Ben and Ray are presumably dead and Petrosky now a puppet of ONI. I am kinda pissed to see that he betrayed Ben in the end. If he really wanted to take down ONI, then he would have stood up for him during that interview, not sell out Ben, even if that meant an end to his life. Other than that, I kinda saw Ben's downfall coming. As Petra said, Ben was sloppy and out of his head if he could believe that he could bring down ONI on live TV without ONI stopping him first. Exposing the truth through a leak on the internet would have been much more efficient because he wouldn't have had source issues and he could have stayed in the dark and anonymous. But Ben had allowed his emotions to interfere with his goal of taking down ONI, which ultimately led to his downfall.

Now, I am interested to see how Hunt the Truth will play out with Petra. Petra is a lot more organized and controlled and if there is someone that can take down ONI, I strongly believe it is her. I'm interested to see where this story goes. She says that she has a backup of all of the sources that Ray sent her, but weren't those sources faked by FERO? Or was ONI tampering with the files? Only time will tell, and hopefully 343i will inform us at E3 when season 2 (I guess you could call it that) of Hunt the Truth will come out.

TEGCRocco

Holy shit. I felt genuine anger and frustration in that last episode. I agree that Ben shouldn't have tried to take down ONI on live TV, but fucking hell that sucked for him. Petrosky betraying Ben in the end was such a dick move. And I now can't wait for season 2. This was such a good buildup for Halo 5.

Hybrid

Rolling with Fire team Osiris:
    [youtube]d4R40figUAU[/youtube]

Enter the Warzone:
    [youtube]QYL8Tnxi3dA[/youtube]

brady

Wow, I gotta say, I can't help but notice how simplistic these graphics look. I mean, Halo 4 and H2A looked better than this. It's almost like 343 didn't take the time to add finer details.

TEGCRocco

Maybe Halo 2A, because that game is fucking beautiful, but not Halo 4 in my opinion.

brady

Idk, I guess I'm just being picky. It's not a huge deal by any means, but especially when looking at the Arbiter, he looked very... cartoonish.

Graphics aside, I am so excited for this game! I can not wait to get my hands on that campaign! 343i is really doing a great job of utilizing the Halo universe within the game, which is something Bungie failed to do.

I'm also so glad to see Lasky return! And the new Promethean too! I guess he is a new Forerunner Warrior-Servant similar to the Didact. He may be a character mentioned in the book, not sure. I'm still reading Halo: Cryptum, so he may be mentioned later in the trilogy. It's also interesting how they bringing up the Domain, because that's starting to become a huge point in the book.

Will

I don't think Bungie failed to do it when you consider all the extended universe canon was from the Halo Bible which Joseph Staten curated (funny enough, I remember reading an article this past week in which Frankie says they tried getting Joe to come back). They simply didn't put any of it into a game, because it wasn't necessarily necessary (using those two words together is super weird). I mentioned how I'd hoped we'd see Blue Team in Halo 2, but that's only because I figured they'd be there if the Master Chief made it back to Earth (which he did). Then I figured we'd see them in Halo 3, but we didn't; although the demolished space elevator was caused by Blue Team (Fred, I believe, was involved in that, but I can't quite remember). Then I was hoping we'd see them in Halo Reach, but again, we didn't. (In fact, I was hoping Halo Reach would've been an adaptation of the book The Fall of Reach, but that would've been silly, when you consider it.) As I said, Bungie had their own story to tell, and they didn't need any more of the EU content than what they were already using; they didn't want to have to force someone to read a comic or a book just to understand the plot of the game.

But now, with 343i, Halo has become even bigger than it ever was before, and a significant portion of the fan base has taken to reading the books and the comics, and explored stories like Hunt the Truth, so they can bring in more EU content without confusing a player, if that makes any sense. And I think it's wonderful. I'm so glad Blue Team's going to be involved in the story and I'm glad 343i made that choice. I've always loved Blue Team (Will-043 was my favorite, for obvious reasons) and I can't wait to see their story unfold alongside the Master Chief.

Now I'm going to patiently wait for Microsoft to announce the Xbox One/Halo 5 bundle and I'm going to buy the fuck out of that.

brady

I guess failed was a harsh word. And I meant they didn't implement it well into the game's campaign. You have this amazing, expansive universe, but the campaign was pretty simple and easy to follow. And that's where 343i is really taking a risk. If you ask a casual Halo fan who the Didact is, who the forerunners were, and what the Domain is, I bet you that they would not be able to answer those questions. 343i is really catering towards those hardcore fans, which I personally love.

I'm just gonna leave this here :rofl:

[video=youtube;roRGPI1PwNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRGPI1PwNQ[/video]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Hybrid

brady

I'm slowly starting to realize that I hate the Halo community. It's just full of people constantly complaining about every little thing that 343i does and are never satisfied. Oh and the people at Bungie are also held as gods who can do no wrong.

Ah whatever.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    TEGCRocco

It hurts to see the Halo community fall to that level. Back in Halo 3 days, the community was thriving, and everyone was just there to have a good time. I remember times where a bunch of friends and I would be up all night playing custom games and fucking around in forge. Those days are gone nowadays, sadly. Those are some of my best memories as a gamer. I'm really hyped for Halo 5, though.

brady

It's just that people want and ask for the impossible from 343i. Mostly with the whole issue that everyone wants the next Halo game to be exactly like Halo 3, but also want change. So then they're never happy.

It also doesn't help that negative comments are always heard more than positive comments.

Will

I stopped visiting Halo communities after ODST came out because everyone was bitching about how Bungie didn't make a proper game and were making games "for the money," which is absurd. ODST, for me, is the second-best Halo game, after Reach, and you can tell Bungie put a lot of work into those games. The only reason Bungie made them was because they were done with their Reclaimer trilogy and wanted to be an independent company once again, and so made the decision to finish out their contract by making ODST and Reach before splitting off. If they'd have started telling another story, likely a similar if not the same story 343i's telling now with the new anthology, given that a lot of the writers for Halo now with 343i are the same ones who were with Bungie, then they'd have had to stay locked into their contract because they'd have wanted to finish the story themselves, and wouldn't have been able to do it in two games. It would've been a catch-22 for them, so I'm glad they handled it the way they did. That, and I love the work 343i's done, from CE: Anniversary all the way up to Halo 5 (I've got no doubts it's going to be fantastic).

That's why I hate fanboys of any sort. They're always pissed about something and nothing's ever good enough, even if it is. What got me was the bitching about Spartan Ops in Halo 4, which I thought was brilliant, as it was basically an entire second game built right into the first game. That drove me nuts. And I understand the gripes with the Master Chief Collection, but then 343i turned around and gave out affected players ODST: Anniversary for free to make it up to them. That's an amazing thing. And yet it's still not good enough for them. Oh, and let's not forget about the bitching about 343i incorporating more of the EU lore into the games, because that's such a bad idea.

All I know's that I loved Halo 4 and I think Halo 5's going to be just as good.

brady

You bring up all the complaints about Spartan Ops, well now people are pissed that 343i chose Warzone (which looks absolutely fantastic) over Spartan Ops and Firefight. It's like, once someone is told they can't have something, they have to complain, no matter what it is. "Oh really? You took out that game mode I really hated before? What the fuck?!"

Will

Really? Gods, people suck. That's such bullshit. They're putting their hearts and souls into these games, and it's not good enough for the fanboys. I feel bad for the hate 343i's been getting over this shit.

What I think would've been cool's if 343i spun Spartan Ops off into its own game, freely available through Xbox Live; then they'd be able to update it with new episodes whenever they wanted, and the game could possibly be coded in such a way so as to use whichever game engine the episodes were created for. So, say you've got both Halo 4 (the remaster) and Halo 5 on your Xbox One; if you play the original Ops episodes, the game would use the Halo 4 engine that's installed on your hard drive; the game would do the same for Halo 5 episodes. I think that'd be cool as fuck, but I don't know if that's even technically possible. :lol:

Anyway, I'd agree; Warzone looks awesome.