The Official Lupe Fiasco Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jeff, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

or twitlonger.com

not that he used it or anything :lol:

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Till I get there is an amazing track. Just sayin'.

3. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Pretty predictable and disappointing he drops this garbage after all these years. And people still stand behind him. This album is so forgettable and unforgivable. Dude can make dope music but this is like a slap in the face to his fans. How can we trust he'll ever have a quality release after this? When he's independent? I doubt it. He's lost touch. just sayin. nothing personal to his listeners.

4. Jeff

Lupe said himself that he doesn't even like the album. He didn't have much of a choice but to conform to Atlantic's demands in using the beats that the label gave him.

5. NickelNine

Pretty predictable and disappointing he drops this garbage after all these years. And people still stand behind him. This album is so forgettable and unforgivable. Dude can make dope music but this is like a slap in the face to his fans. How can we trust he'll ever have a quality release after this? When he's independent? I doubt it. He's lost touch. just sayin. nothing personal to his listeners.

6. Jeff

:ermm:

Must be the gin talking :lol:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  7. Benjamin

Lupe said himself that he doesn't even like the album. He didn't have much of a choice but to conform to Atlantic's demands in using the beats that the label gave him.

lolwut

8. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Keep up with the news man, Lupe even hates it. :lol: Atlantic took over half of the control on this album, and even if Lupe wanted to make changes, they'd be hard-pressed. And IF Lupe tried to quit? Even bigger controversy will happen.

9. NickelNine

Sorry about the double post. I was on my phone and I received error message so I hit refresh and never checked back.

I was kind of in rant mode at the time waiting at Health Partners but I intended to touch on his Atlantic situation. If I remember, he was saying he hated the album before it even came out. Assuming I don't download the leak, why would I want to go out and spend my money on an album he doesn't like? He could have just said it's a different sound in an attempt to go pop and left it at that. That's probably my biggest issue with the whole thing. He could have just kept quiet, released this, toured, left Atlantic, and then rip them.

I haven't read anything on track selection but how did "All Black Everything" end up on Lasers?

10. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This doesn't make any sense. You get mad that the album is trash. Understandable. Then you have an issue with him being an honest person and saying that he hates the album. I just don't. I mean. But why would. And then. What.

Would you REALLY have preferred he lie about the album and say it was him trying something new when he honestly hates the album? Wouldn't that be just as bad as selling out anyways?

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, when he first said that I was annoyed. I don't know why though, because when I thought about it I figured I'd rather he came clean about it instead of pretending it was all sincere when it wasn't.

If we're to believe Lupe, All Black Everything is pretty much the only track on the album where he had full creative control. If most of the album is full of potential singles it probably didn't matter that Atlantic left one or two songs untouched.

12. Benjamin

I don't get it. Not only would saying "I wanted to try pop/radio songs" be a lie, but it would make Lupe look bad. If you're gonna lie, at least have it benefit you :lol:

13. Jeff

At this point, I'm particularly worried about how Atlantic is going to treat Lupe, seeing as L.A.S.E.R.S is #1 on Billboard and iTunes. They could use that to throw into Lupe's face and make it into a "I told you so" scenario.

14. ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I'm pretty sure Atlantic knows it was all the fans.

15. Jeff

I think you are missing the point.

16. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Lupe will never again succumb to label pressure. He learned his lesson. F&L2 will fucking kill everything in its path!

17. Minus

If he doesn't succumb to label pressure, the album will never be released. Didn't you learn this from how LASERS was handled?

18. Agent

Atlantic got a lot of heat from fans/media because of how they handled LASERS. I don't think they'll let that repeat again. LASERS is over... now it's a new record, clean slate.

19. Minus

If record labels actually listened to the criticism of the fans and media, they'd have supported bittorrent and not sued anybody for downloading illegally. They'd still be alive. 360 deals wouldn't be happening.

Despite the criticism, Atlantic still owns Lupe's ass for another two albums. They'll do whatever they damn well please based on how LASERS is doing.

20. Agent

Yeah but I think Lupe's situation with the label is a bit different. I firmly believe the next album won't be as watered down as LASERS.