The Official "With Teeth/NIN" Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jan 31, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

NIN Tour Page

What is 'With Teeth'?:
    "With Teeth" is the upcoming Nine Inch Nails album that is scheduled to hit stores nationwide on May 3rd, 2005. Trent Reznor has stated that there will be 12 tracks on this album, and they will be "raw", and that there will be no instumentals on this album, unlike his last effort, 1999's "The Fragile". Confirmed tracklist below.

Tracklist:
    01. All The Love In The World
    02. You Know What You Are?
    03. The Collector
    04. The Hand That Feeds
    05. Love Is Not Enough
    06. Every Day Is Exactly The Same
    07. With Teeth
    08. Only
    09. Getting Smaller
    10. Sunspots
    11. The Line Begins To Blur
    12. Beside You In Time
    13. Right Where It Belongs

The Japanese import of "With Teeth" will contain 3 extra tracks. Those tracks being:

Extra Tracks:
    01. Home
    02. Right Where It Belongs (Second Version)
    03. The Hand That Feeds (Ruff Mix)

There will be 2 versions of With Teeth released in the United States, those being the regular disc and DualDisc, which contains 5.1 Surround Sound and on the DVD side, in-studio performances of three songs, and The Hand That Feeds music video (maybe both?).

The vinyl will be released a week before the regular and DualDisc versions hit CD shelves.

What will be the first single?
    "The Hand That Feeds" will hit radio stations on April 11th.

Who makes up Nine Inch Nails on the "With Teeth" Tour?
    This is the current line-up for Nine Inch Nails: Alessandro Cortini, Jerome Dillon, Aaron North & Jeordie White, and of course, Trent Reznor. If Reznor falls ill, expect Courtney Love to fill in his place for vocals ( :whistle: ).

The "Updated" NIN Logo
    'With Teeth' Teaser

Links:
    The Official NIN Site
    The NIN Hotline
    The NIN FAQ *semi-old*
    The Meathead Perspective
    Sick Among The Pure
    Echoing The Sound
    Perfect Isolation

EDIT (4/2/05): Added the Japanese With Teeth bonus tracks, and news about the DualDisc release, and the vinyl With Teeth release date.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Finally you made this thread! I won't have to hit search to see what the hell I missed. I guess I can stop going to theninhotline.com. I can't wait to hear the single and see the video.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

*bows down to Trent Reznor* :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

Can't wait for the new CD! :)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Fucking awsome.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Why does England get everything cool first.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I really hope this will have substance to it. Unlike cds like, The Fragile. Where it was nothing but a bunch of randomization of instruments. I'm looking forward to it though :D

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Because we're better than you :D

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Because we're better than you :D [/b][/quote]
    I can vouch for that one. B)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

The Fragile had a storyline to it, and from the storyline spawns the instrumentation.

Chances are if you don't like "Broken" or "The Downward Spiral", this new CD isn't for you.

Justin V.

The Fragile had a storyline to it, and from the storyline spawns the instrumentation.

Chances are if you don't like "Broken" or "The Downward Spiral", this new CD isn't for you. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I definitely wouldn't call him random. Trent is very sneaky with his songs. He winds songs together with moods and repeated melodies and motifs. Sometimes he reverses melodies to give the feeling of the opposite mood (like Closer and The Downward Spiral's melodies). The rest of his CDs feel like a year and The Fragile feels more like a lifetime to me.

Man if the new CD is like Broken that would rock. I like the electronica element to NIN but it'd be cool to see how much of a rock band Trent could make NIN. It definitely sounds like this will be a harder, more brutal CD. The name sounded pretty sucky to me but now it's working well.

"The Hand That Feeds" seems too far away...

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Well, "Broken" is the rawest NIN CD there is, and Reznor said this CD will be a short (12 songs), raw type CD, meaning no electronica, instrumentals, etc etc.

I fully expect it to be loud, heavy, some distorted vocals, among other things.

Haha, and about "The Hand That Feeds"... I have a friend in Cincinnati, Ohio that works for a rock station. He's promised me that when the station receives the single, he'll burn me a copy and send it to me.

Oh yes. B)

EDIT: Bitchin' sig.

Justin V.

Well, "Broken" is the rawest NIN CD there is, and Reznor said this CD will be a short (12 songs), raw type CD, meaning no electronica, instrumentals, etc etc.

I fully expect it to be loud, heavy, some distorted vocals, among other things.

Haha, and about "The Hand That Feeds"... I have a friend in Cincinnati, Ohio that works for a rock station. He's promised me that when the station receives the single, he'll burn me a copy and send it to me.

Oh yes. B)

EDIT: Bitchin' sig. [/b][/quote]
    I love the instrumental and electronica part of NIN but I also know Trent can make some heavy music. I can't wait. If you go to the website and go to the info about the tours... there's this little black "NIN" icon that if you click it shows the new logo. I just jacked that.

I wonder since he got rid of most of the electronic and instrumental part of NIN does that also shorten some of the song length. After hearing "Still" it left me wondering how he would evolve the new NIN. The thing I hope to hear first when I pop it in is Grohl's drums pounding and some "The Day The World Went Away" type heavy, distorted guitar.

Hey... you should hook me up with that song when you get it. :whistle:

Edit: I wonder what he'll do with remixes. People say one LP remix album is enough but Trent remixes the HELL out of his songs. The 3 versions of TDTWWA are just amazing. I hope he does the same with With Teeth.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Liking the official NIN thread...

I'm interested in Trent's definition of raw. I'm sure we all know that when something has a set definition, when it enters the NIN world it gets all sorts of fucked up.

In a good way, of course.

Casey: I worship the ground that you walk on. Tell us how it is when you get it.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I have updated the single section of the "FAQ" with 2 posts made my 2 members over at Echoing The Sound, both who claim that their respective DJ's in their cities said they'd be receiving the new NIN single by March/before March.

Take it for what you will.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Tracklist and sample posted at NIN.com. The first single is indeed "The Hand That Feeds".

edit: updated the first post with this new info.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Damn, beat me to it ;) The preview sounds good... of the very little you can hear. :lol:

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Beat me to it as well :lol:

Great stuff...looking forward to it!

Justin V.

:eek:

I am going to like this CD. The little sample reminds me a little of Broken and sounds in the vein of The Day The World Went Away or Mr. Self Destruct. I love the pounding beat and the chord progression. May is way too far away.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I've listened to that goddamn teaser four times now :p

I...want...MORE.