The Return of Fort Minor

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Apop, May 4, 2015.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Based on recent news, this might be happening.

Here we go.....

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Close the door,shut the light and start the show.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That last page :shinoda:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

You really wanna hold me?

Show me,
    homie.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

He comes... :shinado:

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

You guys haven't heard the new song?

Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If this new song doesn't mean a new album is to come I don't know what to do with myself.

lime treacle

^If that happens, listen to this cover by The White Stripes called "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself."

[video=youtube;fC7PEQnjKl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4[/video]

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

The Death/Rebirth of Fort Minor

So I am seeing a lot going around that Mike is on social media "trolling" about no new Fort Minor music and even as going as far as ignoring questions about his own creation.

For example: There have been a few posts on his snapchat something along the lines of "Go away" and on Facebook; "You can't ignore me Mike"

I think this has less to do with "trolling" and more to do with him using irony.

During interviews for the album The Hunting Party, he stated that he couldn't stand that there is no rock left on the radio, which inspired him to write and create heavier music for this album. The same can be said about his Fort Minor project; there is no more Rap played from like the ones he grew up on.

I think that he believes that writing radio friendly music is amazingly easy and we got a taste of that during the Hunting Party with Final Masquerade.

With this whole new death/rebirth of Fort Minor, we may be seeing a conceptual album/list of singles of just radio friendly Rap. He said so himself that it just came to him and made it (probably in one sitting too).

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Merged these threads for style points.

lime treacle

The Conan performance is great! It actually makes me like the song even more.

So, has a consensus been reached on the quality of the rap verses? I'd say they easily beat any of Mike's on The Hunting Party.

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

He addressed the back and forths with himself and Fort Minor in a Periscope. He said that one of the guys that help run things like merchandise was using the account. So he wasn't just talking to himself.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Not only that, but he also said on a recent Alt Wire interview that the reason behind the conversation he had with himself was due to the fact that Fort Minor was calling him. This song specifically, was more of a flavor tailored for Fort Minor.

On that same interview, he wrote down that he respected today's rappers, albeit mostly underground rappers. So not to necessarily say that he doesn't respect today's rap game, but he also never said he enjoyed what was being played on today's radio. :sweating:

Which in my opinion, if my perception turns out to be true, is a smart thing to do. The whole concept of this song is brought to us by the fact that he says that he feels unwelcomed in the Rap/Hip-Hop world. Despite his friendships with many critically acclaimed artists, him being the 2nd most followed Rapper on twitter, and his many albums that he helped produce that shows off his skills. Even with all these titles, he still feels unwelcomed. Which if I was in his position, I would not say that I hate today's Rap/Hip-Hop either, because that is just a failsafe way to shoot yourself in the foot.

At the end of the day; maybe this modern flavored concept of a song that he wrote is a way for him to get his foot in the door. The composition of this song can surely get by today's society.

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

A theory I just had is that he will release another few radio-friendly songs that also get played on the radio. Then he will make a statement about how easy it is to make a radio rap song, then drop an album (with all the radio-rap songs and a few others).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

An album filled with the most difficult, most inaccessible songs Shinoda can manage :p because hip-hop has gotten too enjoyable.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I mean he's for sure going to do something else. He wouldn't keep saying," Follow Fort Minor on IG," and stuff like that if he didn't plan on releasing more music.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Remember when "NOV 24" used to appear every time he performed Remember The Name with LP?

We're only 18 days away from a new album, guys :kappa:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

:lol:

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

10/10

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Would read again.