The Studio Report Topic

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bn/Thg:930, Jul 26, 2002.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I think they need a new studio update. Tell everyone the album name and when the single will be coming out.

InFeStEdPoOh

InFeStEdPoOh Member

finally a new studio update! :D it's nice and long too

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Yeah, but you've probably already read it here if you've been on the forums lately. So if you're lookin for somethin new, that was kinda new but old in the same.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

01.15.2003 : Brad Talks About Meteora - Interview by Jessica

BRAD- WHAT DOES METEORA MEAN TO LINKIN PARK AND HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT NAME? WHAT IS THE PRONOUNCIATION OF THE NAME?

(Mee-tee-ora is the pronunciation)

Actually we were touring in Europe and inside the bus the bus driver had set down a travel magazine that was actually featuring this place called Meteora, and just looking at the pictures of this larger than life place- we were inspired to try to write sonically what those pictures conveyed visually. That was before we had even written the body of the album, so it actually inspired us to create on tape what we were seeing visually.
    Meteora is a chain of monasteries in Greece that sit on top of incredible rock formations- it’s a really unbelievable place. The title does not have to do with the music in a literal sense- but can be used as a metaphor – the grandeur of it, and the timelessness of it, are all conveyed quite well on our album.
    Actually some of the guys hadn’t even seen the pictures of this place yet- they had just heard the name, but they were all drawn to it just by the energy of the name.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE SOUND OF METEORA ALBUM AS COMPARED TO PAST ALBUMS YOU HAVE RECORDED?

I think there is definitely a threat that links Hybrid Theory with Reanimation with Meteora. Lyrically I think Chester and Mike are dealing with same kinds of emotions as they were in the past- but the difference is they are confronting them with the new perspectives in their lives. There are a lot of the same themes as Hybrid Theory, but the perspective is different and the album shows our growth. Musically it has a lot of the heaviness and darkness as our recordings in the past- but I believe it’s more dynamic then Hybrid Theory. We explored different tempos and time signatures to create a really unique body of work but at the same time a cohesive record. We took 80-90 concepts for songs and streamlined them down to 12, which not only were the strongest songs, but all made the most sense together musically. When we write an album we want it all to make sense and not just write a single and songs to fill in. I think when someone puts on their headphones and listens to this album it taked you on a journey beginning to end. We wanted to may a cinematic record.
    One thing that is unique lyrically on Meteora it’s has a unique sense of optimism in the first single which isn’t necessarily present on the other sings. Most of the rest of the songs are quite dark.

ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO TOURING AGAIN AFTER THIS LONG BREAK?

We are really excited to tour and play a lot of places we haven’t been before and even hit some new places– we will definitely be touring extensively. Another great thing is we’ll have a lot more material in which to choose from when playing our live show. Last time we tried to fill out an hour with 37 min of material but in actuality it will be fun to play songs from Hybrid Theory, Meteora, possibly Reanimation. Besides, I think it will just elevate our live show to have a greater selection and more variety. Plus I’ve been working out really long guitar solos I’m really excited to play on this next tour- 10-15 minutes long of just guitar solos. We might just have a second stage just for my guitar solos.

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE, IF ANY, TO THE RELEASE DATE YOU CHOSE?

It was the soonest possible date that we could get it out.

CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT THE VIDEO FOR THE FIRST SINGLE?

Joe is directing the new video by himself and we are really very proud of what he’s done in the past. He’s definitely going to be special effects and CGI intensive. Joe’s background is in creating larger than life visual environments. The song is really about escape and trying to find a place where you belong- but in this case Chester basically falls into a dream, which is the place where he is most comfortable, and Joe is trying to bring to life Chesters subconscious, which is where the majority of the video takes place.

WILL THE ALBUM HAVE ANY DVD OR ENHANCED CD EXTRAS?

We are trying to do as much special stuff with the CD packaging and content as possible.

WILL YOU BE DOING CHATS ON LINKIN PARK.COM AND LPU.COM TO GIVE US MORE INFO ON THE UPCOMING ALBUM?

Absolutely. LP.com and LPU.com are the 2 only 100% reliable sources of information.
    And also- the internet has always provided us for the best means for communicating directly with our fans.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR SINGLE AND WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?

Somewhere I Belong- it’s the 3rd track and first single off the record. Definitely I think it represents musically what we’ve been able to accomplish. It’s a dope song. I think that from the very beginning of the song you know its something special. It definitely showcases the ability for Mike and Chester to merge into one unstoppable force.

WELL GUYS, THANKS FOR READING THIS LITTLE INTERVIEW I DID WITH BRAD. AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WONDERING, YES, BRAD WAS KIDDING ABOUT THE GUITAR SOLOS...LOL

POSTED BY JESSICA

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That was pretty unnecessary Bryan..

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Its been posted, but I posted it anyway so that all the studio reports are in here.

Will

:lol: I was kidding.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

01.18.2003 : words on the new album...

if you enjoyed brad's interview below, you'll be eager to know that we are currently doing a lot of interviews about our new album, METEORA, right now. in the past few days, the journalists have been meeting up with us to ask questions about the new album, songs, and what we're doing. in an effort to make things more accessible for you guys, i'm putting a thread in the message board section called "LP interviews". please keep this thread as free of chatting as possible. i know this is a pretty ridiculous request, because you guys like to mess around...but my reasoning is simple: hopefully, i want to put a page up on the site where we list links to other interviews and features the band has done. but until we decide whether we are going to have an "interview links" page, we'll just do it on our message board to try it out.

if you find an interview on us that is dated after 1/18/03, please put a link up.

- POSTED BY MIKE

Not much of a studio report, but oh well, it was still a studio report so I posted it.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Very cool. Hey chester, do you know if they have any interviews posted yet?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Nope, even though Mike asked to only post interviews, all people are posting is "ok mike i'll look for some!!!!!!". Theres only 1 up, but its been seen, its the one with MTV I think.

:chemist: :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Now theres a bunch of them, you might want to check it out. But all of them are just stating what we already know, the new single is Somewhere I Belong, the album is entitled Meteora, and the release date is March 25th...so its no big deal.

does n e one know that the date for 'somewhere i belong' is feb. 2nd or its still just a rumor?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

How many times has that been asked now?

As of right now, that is just a rumour. Its never been confirmed by Linkin Park or anyone associated with Linkin Park.

How many times has that been asked now?

As of right now, that is just a rumour. Its never been confirmed by Linkin Park or anyone associated with Linkin Park. [/b][/quote]
    well ill ask one more time so get over it :D

Will

:chemist: :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: [/b][/quote]
    You really shouldn't talk to moderators like that.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

:chemist: :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: [/b][/quote]
    The question is in every single Meteora thread, its already been answered by anyone who has an opinion on it, all you had to do was look for it.

In other words, Watch Yourself.