The Venting Out Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Squish Mitten, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Can we help in any way?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

We have to put Grandma in a nursing home, otherwise we'll all go crazy.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not really, because all of these things are all out of my control. So even I can't do anything about it. Thinking about migrating is near impossible when a plane ticket costs two years of my salary, without taking into account yearly inflation rate is going to ~60%. So long story short, it's unbuyable.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Either do that or hire a nurse. My grandpa had a stroke a few months ago, which worsens his condition since he kind of shuts off from the world sometimes and resorts to selective hearing. We as a family still take care of him, however, because we love him. Thankfully we managed to hire a nurse and keep in a hospital bed. My grandma is still by his side taking care of him despite my grandpa being stubborn (even pre-stroke). I think it's what keeping her alive, healthy and sane. She's doing well for a person in her late 70s.

lime treacle

My grandpa died in 2005, so there's no need to keep her home because of him. I'm not sure we have money for a nurse, but I don't think she needs one anyway, she can perform most daily activities fairly well. However, her dementia and often lack of logical behaviour causes us problems and frustration from day to day, my dad (her son) included, yet it seems like he hasn't even seriously considered the possibility of putting her in a home. Another issue, I don't think she would be okay with that.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Elitists can suck a nut. Or maybe I can chop off one of their's and confuse them into sucking their own nut. Dickwads.

"If you don't play MLG, you're gonna be shit, guaranteed."
    "Bro, but this guitar solo is the guitar solo - are you stupid?"
    "CrApple? Really?"
    "#PCMasterRace"

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

We live in the age where everyone feels the need to trash mindlessly trash everything. Doesn't matter, doesn't matter if you create something and they have never made anything from scratch. They'll trash it. If you're creating in the same manner as them what you've made is somehow less legit. I hate it. As a writer, I would never read someone's work and just utterly trash it. I might offer constructive criticism, but I'll never say "Fuck you, the world was better off better made this thing!" I hate it.

lime treacle

I think it's always been this way, but now that we have the Internet, hate is much easily spread. And there are so many people who don't have anything better to do with their lives.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yup. Not only is the hate more wide spread now, but a lot of people are finding that poor manners are entertaining. Just look at "trolling" and prank videos. The videos are nothing but people being obnoxious, yet people eat those up and are inspired to be total cunts.

But still, it's difficult to not act defensive as a fan of Windows, for example, when someone says incorrect things to support why they think Mac might be better. I always forget the key part of their sentence should always be the unsaid "my opinion is that...", and not the stated "Windows sucks balls lololololol"

MKH

Fuck the cunts who are in their pre-teens and teens now, man. They are gonna be some dickwads, the few of them that make it through high school and/or college. 11-year-old's crying they got the wrong color iPad or model for Christmas, 14-year-old girls with itty bitty titties getting excited to have iPhone's to Snapchat like everyone else.

I don't know who to blame. The kids for thinking it's cool, the parents for letting them think it's cool, or the businesses for encouraging this kind of shit. In hindsight, I really can't blame the businesses as they're doing what businesses do - do whatever it takes for a buck.

The fuck are parents doing nowadays though? The last two times a new kid (11-16) has come to my house for the first time, they've come into my room and touched everything. What the hell kinda parenting results in your kid going to a new house and touching other people's shit? See, these are the kids that when they get bullied, they have to run to the teacher or in the case of this one kid, call the cops. Are we the last of the generation that could buckle up and move on, and not be total pussies about some kid being a twat?

FUCK I hate kids. So much more now with what they're like collectively now. These bitches need like electrotherapy or something.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:rolleyes:

-

On the other side of the story, while I see the reason why and can't even dispute it, I fucking hate it when people just generalize all teens as dumb as fuck or spoiled brats. Not all of us are.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    lime treacle

Wait, what do their chests have to do with any of this?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah. I can't stand when people look at me as a lesser person just because I'm 14.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Exactly.

Most teenagers are dumb and spoilt? So are most adults. You can't generalize people like that.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Same here but 15. It just kills me when I see kids our age trying to act "hard and G". Maybe even more so when it's the ones that are Instagram famous. Do you really have nothing better to do than give shoutouts and check your phone ALL DAY?! Also, I can't stand it when kids are on their phones every two seconds. Put down your freakin phone and enjoy what's around you, whether it's friends, family, or nature. Especially at the dinner table. I refuse to take mine out unless the person I'm with goes to the bathroom or is taking a call. When I see kids ok their phones at the table I just want to smack them upside the head and hopefully knock some sense into them. ANYWAYS, I am very sad as to how some people my age act, but I think the fault lies in the parents. Every kid I know that is like the things mentioned above has parents or a parent that really don't give a poop what they do, and just buys them whatever they want. Parents need to teach their kids something other than "I will buy you whatever new thing you want." It makes me angry.

Anyways again, I am done, and I feel stupid because arguing on the internet isn't going to do anything.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

we hung out saturday and sunday. when i hugged her goodbye she didn't let go ...

now she isn't talking to me.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Have an interview at a grocery store tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going to get it, but either way I feel like I'm taking a real step backwards. Not that I had it made or anything doing fucking tree work. I'm trying really hard to remind myself that I have a lot of time to figure shit out without procrastinating or getting complacent. Being complacent in mediocrity scares the shit out of me.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

seriously. fuck a 9 to 5.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I hate it. Being stuck in that monotony as career is honestly my biggest fear in life. Even if it was a modest living, I just want to live off my creativity.

MKH

You guys know damn well I wasn't referring to any of you by name, and thank God for Reed understanding I meant the generation as a whole.

As for the chests, I mentioned that in reference to the need to Snapchat (illegal) nudes.

a) hurts too much to keep in touch
    b) made up her mind to not talk to you and it was a final goodbye
    c) she did something

Maybe I'm just cynical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.