The Venting Out Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Squish Mitten, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Your brain, like the rest of your body, needs nutrition to function properly. Don't skip meals, take 15 or 20 mins away from study to eat (healthy!, not junk food), you'll be better off for it.

Same with sleep, don't skip it to study. Cognitive function nosedives with sleep deprivation.

2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I do it so that I don't accidentally screw up on something so simple.

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Tbh I developed this purely out of laziness. Say, 14x20 appears in a task and I'm like... "I don't feel like writing this... or getting the calculator". :lol:

4. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

It seems like whenever I truly connect someone, life sees it fit to ruin it. Be it friendship or potential love interest, within a year, they either move away, or we have some kind of falling out. It is fustrating as fuck, and it really gets me down sometimes. Maybe it's just me too scared to move things forward....

5. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

People are really freaking stupid

6. brady

I know how you feel. I've lost two of the closest friends I've ever had this year, and they just walked away from me and forgot about me like I meant absolutely nothing to them. These days, I just feel so empty.

From personal experience, it's always so much harder to let go of your best friends than a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  7. GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

This so much.Being ignored by my bestfriend made me went crazy and confused,unstoppably wondering whether I've done anything wrong.Could barely focused on even a smallest task,just because thinking about my mistake.

8. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i can barely handle this.

and this isn't even anything major.

this scares me.

9. GraveDigger388

Get a grip and have a faith to yourself ;).If you think that's not anything major,that means that thing is what you know you are capable of,right?

10. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Either say what the problem is or don't. I don't even feel like saying "it's gonna be okay" with this type of a post.

11. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

wow. fuck u too. i didn't post this shit waiting for people to tell me it's going to be okay. either be helpful or don't say shit. not in the mood.

i appreciate this. thanku.

12. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This is not what the point of this thread is for. It is not your obligation to say things, especially if they're unkind. Hawk was venting - he can be as vague as he wants. Who is to appreciate your sympathy if you withhold it because someone is vague? That is not the spirit of this thread.

If you have nothing kind to say, better not to say anything.

13. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This isn't the most personal problem, but during my first round of finals as a senior in college, I'm starting to grow more and more frustrated with how I'm tested and ultimately judged here. Too many of my grades are based on multiple choice questions. I understand that the University makes professors submit the grades quickly, but that should be to no consequence to the students. The main impetus for using the multiple choice style of testing is simplicity; basically, some graduate student will run the 40-50 Scan-tron tests through the automatic grader, and the student will input the grades. This doesn't show any proof of knowledge of the material. Theoretically, someone who has never been to lecture with little knowledge of the subject could perform better than someone who truly understands the material, but bubbled the wrong circle. If there were actually questions to write, explain, the professor could fairly assign grades based on the actual material you grasped from the course.

Basically, I don't enjoy lazy professors, especially when college is so expensive regardless.

14. GraveDigger388

Most schools in my country do this,Let alone the universities.

Forget the grade,ignore those methods used by those lazy professors.You go to school to get the knowledge,not the grade.The knowledge is what useful when you graduate.

15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I think it ultimately depends on the course material. I think there are circumstances in which I would agree that the multiple choice method is not a thoroughly adequate way with which to test students, but I don't think that on the whole it is merely just a lazy way with which to test students. I think one could argue the opposite way here, in stating that if multiple choice is done the right way, you can actually definitively see who knows the material very well (e.g. through questions in which there may be a more correct answer despite having multiple somewhat correct answers to choose from).

It seems kind of dickish in nature, but multiple choice to me can be effective if done right. In most cases, I would agree that multiple choice may actually serve to assist students who don't know the material as well when in reality they may not be as acquainted, which is unfair to the students who truly know the material.

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

A while ago she talked to me for the first time after over six months, very conflicting emotions. She's been through a lot but I'm sort of upset that she talked to me and sort of glad as well because I never thought she would again. She hasn't talked to me since though. *sigh*

17. GraveDigger388

Then you talk to her,man...

18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I have decided to let the "love shit" become a "destiny" thing. There is no reason to try it and to be disappointed all the time.

19. brady

I can't believe how little I actually meant to this girl. After all the things she said to me and all the things we did together, she could just walk away from me with no impact at all. With me completely out of her life, she continued on like I meant absolutely nothing to her, but yet I'm completely destroyed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  20. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Been there done that, give it time and you will find that she really didn't care and that she's a selfish person who only had her best interests in mind and played you for what she could get out of you. You will find someone way better than her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.