The Village

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, May 23, 2004.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Should I see The Village or Collateral?

What would you reccomend?

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Hey DJHahn did you watch the whole movie?? Read below.

When Iv's dad shows her the shed. There's 3 suits. And another one undernearthe floor boards in the "Quiet Room." So while Noah helped he wasn't ALWAYS the monster.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Definately Collateral.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Definately Collateral. [/b][/quote]
    Or both, lol.

I'm gonna see Collateral tonight.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I went and saw it again today, it's such a great film. Also, for the person who asked, as much as I love Michael Mann, see The Village first, Collateral hasn't been pushed to full theatre release yet.

Does anyone have a DVD release date yet?

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Hey DJHahn did you watch the whole movie?? Read below.

When Iv's dad shows her the shed. There's 3 suits. And another one undernearthe floor boards in the "Quiet Room." So while Noah helped he wasn't ALWAYS the monster.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yea i watched the whole movie , but it was kinda hard watching while listening to my other friends whining about how badly the movie is sucking .. :p

I only saw one suit in the shed.. And i never knew that there was one under the floor boards even though Noah escaped from under there.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

man you guys!! *whine whine* i can't help myself from looking at all the white print! and i haven't seen the movie yet! ahh!

Omar

Clarification:

there were several suits, known only by the elders, meaning the people in the photograph Edward Walker (Hurt) was holding at the end. The rest of the townspeople I assume do not know about the suits. However, after 2nd viewing I noticed some interesting things:

1. In the 2nd scene at the lunch table, Noah laughs at the noises in the woods. Perhaps he knew from being in the quiet room so much.

2. In the scene where the creatures come into the village, notice how Kitty(Greer) and others hear the screeching from the right side, yet when the creature is revealed (coming forward from behind Ivy's hand) it was in fact Lucius who came from that direction.

3. Did anyone else notice, what appeared to be Edward carefully guarding the tower in an early montage segment?

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Should i watch The Village or I Robot?

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

The Village

YAY_we're_doomed!

YAY_we're_doomed! Banned

i didn't like the movie the Village! it was pretty boring and i thought the plot was kinda stupid. it wasn't a bad movie... it's just wasn't great.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

hey hey i just saw it!!!!!! w00t w00t!!

anyway, i kinda knew what was going on cuz i read a book that was just like that in like 6th grade, but yeah. and i also read all the spoilers. :shifty:

Scarlet

Definately Collateral. [/b][/quote]
    You were definately right. God, I thought "The Villiage" was going to be good. In my opinion it was kind of horrible. I didn't expect it to end how it ended. I was like "wtf?!" It was boring and pointless. I have to say, anyone who is planning on seeing "The Villiage" - DON"T! ...Unless you like boring pointless movies. :rolleyes:

After "The Villiage", I had a chance to sneak into "Collateral" (it was just starting). But my friend chickened out so I didn't. :whistle:
    I should have seen "Collateral" in the first place.

Omar

I keep telling people: it's not a scary film, it's really more about the human psyche, but nobody listens.

To go against what you said, all movies have a point: to make money. That's the bottom line. And to do so, they will try to make movies that appeal to a wide audience. That's one reason why I loved 'The Village' so much. It's doesn't appeal to everyone, just those who get it.

Has anyone else read Shyamalan's 'Labor of Love' script? It's really very touching. :hugz:

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Exactly. People I know who go into films like "The Village" or films like it come out saying "It wasn't even scary!". But it's not supposed to be! It's not a horror movie. It's more of a supsense movie. Even close to a pyschological thriller. I thought it was a good movie. You just have to watch it. You shouldn't try to snuff out the ending during the movie because that'll just ruin it for you. Just sit, and watch it, and take in the good acting (except for Sigourney Weaver... I just think she's stiff). I probably would have seen Collateral given a choice. But I still think you should see both very different movies.

Omar A

I'm gonna read it starting now. What is this though? A future project?

Omar

No, it's one of the scripts he wrote while attending the Tisch School of Arts (NYU) in the early 90s. He had tried to get it made into a film, but shortly after writing it, the 'Forrest Gump' novel was published, and so people would assume he had stole the idea.

From what I've heard, he's going to do 1 more "thriller" film before he starts 'Life of Pi'.

Omar A

I've read half of Labor Of Love so far and its great.

Whats "'Life of Pi" by the way?

Scarlet

Exactly. People I know who go into films like "The Village" or films like it come out saying "It wasn't even scary!". But it's not supposed to be! It's not a horror movie. It's more of a supsense movie. Even close to a pyschological thriller. I thought it was a good movie. You just have to watch it. You shouldn't try to snuff out the ending during the movie because that'll just ruin it for you.[/b][/quote]
    Yes, okay, some parts were really good. It was quite weird though - at the ending anyways. It didn't have to be scary - I mean, I can deal with that. I just thought it could have been better - even if it wasn't scary.

Read white: I guess I expected there to be actual creatures instead of the aldults faking that there was and dressing up to scare everyone.
    I was quite confused by this. I should have payed more attention ... why did they scare the younger ones? Why did they want them to believe there were monsters out to kill them?

It was good but overall it wasn't that great. Not at all.

Omar

you should have paid more attention :p

They made the creatures to scare people from going into the towns. Each of the elders loosing someone close to them from a vicious murder, they flee to a secluded village in hope of finding a more peaceful world to live in.

"Life of Pi" is a novel by Yann Martel. It recounts a 16 year old Indian boy's journey to Canada after his freighter sinks, and he's left stranded in the water.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/015...3119600-0036908

And nobody say it's an "Open Water" copy, because it came out first. :p