The War On Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Chris Luke, Sep 18, 2004.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well what are your opinons on the War on Iraq.

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME WAR. WE ARE ALL MATURE PEOPLE HERE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH SOMEONE'S OPINON DISCUS IT IN A MATURE FASHION

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

My opinion that it's an unjust, illegal war who's sole purpose is to let dubya finish up what his daddy couldn't.

Chris Luke

Couldn't have said it better. What I don't get is that we stayed even after we got Sadam.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's been a planned war ever since Bush Sr. was in office. What makes me pissed off is how 3000 people die on September the 11th, another 1000 American soldiers die in combat, and it's a massive tragedy. I don't want to say it isn't a bad thing, but I've heard estimates of over 30,000 Iraqi citizens dying from American (or coalition) guns/bombs since the start of the war. This could've all been avoided. When Bush got that memo in August saying "Osama Bin Laden determined to attack in US", he should NOT have went bass fishing or golfing. He should have scheduled a meeting with his head of counter-terrorism. Not once did he have a meeting with his head of counter-terrorism in the months between his presidency and 9/11. That's the highest level of incompetence I've ever witnessed. And any sane man with a concious would have scheduled that meeting. It was a blatant disregard for the safety of others, he didn't care. And eventually he knew he would get that war in Iraq for the oil that his country is still abusing the environment with.

American and coalition forces should GET THE HELL OUT OF IRAQ.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I reckon the whole thing was to finish off what dear old daddy started and that was taking away Iraqs oil.True enough Saddam Hussain was an evil person but I really don't think removing Saddam was American/coallition proper mission.The war was chaotic itself,I mean allys of America,England etc. were bombing each other in friendly fire! Thats how dumb it was.
    The English prime minister Tony Blair ignored the 2 million people who protested against the war and went into Iraq anyway,Blair would follow Bush into the jaws of a hungry great white shark.

P.S hellflame is back!

Chris Luke

Well finding Sadam was the objective later on in the war I belive. The first part of the war was to find WMD. Were there any? No. Also, they were still there after we got sadam to "keep things under control" :rolleyes: .

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well finding Sadam was the objective later on in the war I belive. The first part of the war was to find WMD. Were there any? No. Also, they were still there after we got sadam to "keep things under control" :rolleyes: . [/b][/quote]
    Probably just a cover up reason to take away oil and take over Iraq anyway

Chris Luke

Probably just a cover up reason to take away oil and take over Iraq anyway [/b][/quote]
    The United States of Annexation

It's an illegal war that should never have been started, and now it's turning into a bloody mess. Every day is the same routine: another car bomb explodes, another foreigner gets taken hostaged, another soldier gets killed. It gets to a point where we can almost predict what's going to happen tomorrow in Iraq.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Perfect.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm not commenting because I sure as hell don't understand the situation. But I have to ask a favor from everyone--can you backup your facts with a credible source? A nice little URL will work just fine. Most major networks post news on their websites, so it shouldn't take more then 30 seconds to find.

Todd

watch farenheit 9/11. That explains why the war is just a part of the bush family's personal agenda.

Mark

I'd go through "Stupid White Men", "Dude, Where's My Country" and "Fahrenheit 9/11", but you know, that takes way too much time.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Here's one:

something other than Michael Moore :p

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Yes. lol. I'll probably read at least one of them eventually, but that doesn't do much for an internet discussion right now.

Mark

Michael Moore has the most vast concept, and catalog of information on Bush. More than Franken, even though the man's a genius. You can't say that unless you've read the Moore books. :lol:

I picked up "Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" the other night at the bookstore and just saw many of the same things in "Stupid White Men". They both rip apart the right side of the government together. And Moore doesn't lie in his book so they're basically saying the same things. Franken just tends to spend more time on non-government republicans (like O'Reilly/Coulter) then Moore, though. Moore goes straight for the administration.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Here's my thoughts on the war in Iraq.

We are ####ed. Completely. No way around it. If we leave Iraq, likelihood is, the democracy in it won't last. Another warlord will just take over, or different groups will battle for control and maybe someone comparable or worse than Saddam will take power. We do not have the resources to do what Bush proposed in rebuilding Iraq, and have come no where close so far. If we leave, we are screwed, because then we will be seen as not finishing what we started, and basically screwing Iraq over majorly, which we have.

But then if we don't leave, both sides suffer more casualties. We'll piss off the Iraqis even more, who already want us the hell out.

I support leaving, but either way, we're screwed. There's no way out as far as I'm concerned. We should have never gone in, but too late for that. Pessimistic I know, but that's how I see it.

Todd

I say we get every single US soldier and civilian out of Iraq. Chaos will happen, but it's not our country, thus, it's not our problem. That was my main reason for being against the war in the first place. If the Iraqi's want democracy, they need to step up to the plate and do it themselves. Democracy and freedom wasn't handed to the US, we fought our asses off for it, so why would we hand democracy to the Iraqi's on a gold plate?

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

I say we get every single US soldier and civilian out of Iraq. Chaos will happen, but it's not our country, thus, it's not our problem. That was my main reason for being against the war in the first place. If the Iraqi's want democracy, they need to step up to the plate and do it themselves. Democracy and freedom wasn't handed to the US, we fought our asses off for it, so why would we hand democracy to the Iraqi's on a gold plate? [/b][/quote]
    The reason we should help them is because its very rare a country can enact so great a change on their own. We sure as hell didn't. If the French hadn't stepped up to the plate and saved our asses from the British navy we'd still be praising the royal family today.

This is irrelavent however, as the reason we attacked Iraq was not to aid the poor helpless Iraqis. Originally it was "for WMDs" when there weren't any, then it was to get rid of Saddam (an excuse to try and cover the administration's ass), then it was to aid the Iraqis. Unfortunately, no country goes through this much effort to help another, we're not that kind. That's where the oil comes in.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually, I think the president of Iraq appreciates what the US is doing and how much progress he thinks we're making.