The War On Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Chris Luke, Sep 18, 2004.

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

That just set off something in my mind as wrong....we're eliminating those who don't agree with us, not just what you call the "bad" people. [/b][/quote]
    I know you have your choices and beliefs on which presidential canidate to vote for but it's very different this year. George W. Bush is president. We need to get him out of office no matter what it takes. So instead of throwing your vote away on Ralph Nader(face it, he's not going to win, ever, it's a waste of a vote) vote for Kerry and help get someone better into office.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

It is truly amazing to me just how successful the Bush administration was in brainwashing the American people into believing Iraq and Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. Truly astounding.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I know you have your choices and beliefs on which presidential canidate to vote for but it's very different this year. George W. Bush is president. We need to get him out of office no matter what it takes. So instead of throwing your vote away on Ralph Nader(face it, he's not going to win, ever, it's a waste of a vote) vote for Kerry and help get someone better into office. [/b][/quote]
    Hah. Interesting.

Please tell me how voting for Nader is a waste of a vote, when I see him as the best candidate for the presidency? The only people who are wasting their votes are the ones who support Nader but vote for "the lesser of two evils", a.k.a. John Kerry. The American media has painted this picture in your mind that this election is Bush vs. Kerry, Republican vs. Democrat, and conservative vs. liberal. This is not the only way to look at things. This election is corporate backed party vs. corporate backed party. Take a WILD guess who you think is going to win given that scenario? Nader is your change, your way out from all of this. Kerry and Bush are nothing more than party puppets; their rectums being violated by the oily hands of Halliburton, Enron, or whatever other corporation sponsors them. Do you honestly think John Kerry is going to change any of this? No, of course not. He's a corporate backed politician just as Bush is. If Kerry or Bush win this election, whatever corporation that supported them will be paid back by what will most likely be tax exemption at YOUR expense. Like I said in the other thread, people all throughout history have gone into battles knowing they cannot/will not win. That, however, doesn't mean it hasn't paved the way for ultimate victory in the end. If we do not do anything to change what is in place, how can we ask for changes? What's the purpose of being politically aware if you're going to waste your vote on someone who ISN'T who you want to be president? If Nader gets more votes steadily, he will make a louder noise, and gain more popularity, to the point where the government won't be able to avoid/ignore him any longer. This thing is bigger than one election...it sets the tone for how American politics are carried out, and the corrupt manner in which they're being done. You'll say the same thing next election when it comes time to vote again. I want Nader in office, whether it's this election, or ten elections later; however long it takes for the people of this country to realize they have more than two similar options. And damnit, I'm going to excersise that option.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Kerry needs a one-liner for this debate., Why not "You lied."?

If what we want is to capture the people responsible for 9/11, then Iraq was the wrong place to go to. There is NO connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam. In fact, bin Laden and Saddam can't even stand each other. One wants to create a fundamentalist Islamic state, and the other wants secularism for Iraq. Under Saddam, Christianity and Judaism have thrived in Iraq. Osama Bin Laden would never have tolerated this. Lumping Saddam and bin Laden together is about as wrong and misjudged as it can be. The entire Bush administration is barking up the wrong tree.

- No WMD in Iraq.
    - No connection with 9/11.
    - No reason to invade Iraq.

Period.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Too easy.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

If Kerry is elected and ####s up the next 4 years, he'll be caught red handed...

With Heinz ketchup all over his fingers. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Too easy. [/b][/quote]
    I think it'd be great. "You lied about weapons of mass destruction. You lied when you said you would think this war out carefully. You lied when you said war was a last resort. You lied about links between Saddam and 9/11. You lied!"

I can totally see that as newspaper headlines and tv recap headlines.

Ander: BOO! :lol:

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Bush has done more destructive than all of the presiden'ts combined. Yet, you want to electe him into office? Let's see how far "unity" gets us when every nation in this world has plans of blowing us away. It's easy to sit behind a desk and make everyone else's decisions. Bush isn't affected at all. I would like to see him go over there and fight for us.

Bush needs to pull his head out of his ass. I don't want Bush to run another four years because I don't want to know what country we will try to female dog around next. What makes you think he's going to stop with Iraq?

It's one thing to fight for freedom, but it's another to invade another nation just because you think they "might" have weapons. Who in the flyin #### gave us the right to be the only country with weapons like these?

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

Hah. Interesting.

Please tell me how voting for Nader is a waste of a vote, when I see him as the best candidate for the presidency? The only people who are wasting their votes are the ones who support Nader but vote for "the lesser of two evils", a.k.a. John Kerry. The American media has painted this picture in your mind that this election is Bush vs. Kerry, Republican vs. Democrat, and conservative vs. liberal. This is not the only way to look at things. This election is corporate backed party vs. corporate backed party. Take a WILD guess who you think is going to win given that scenario? Nader is your change, your way out from all of this. Kerry and Bush are nothing more than party puppets; their rectums being violated by the oily hands of Halliburton, Enron, or whatever other corporation sponsors them. Do you honestly think John Kerry is going to change any of this? No, of course not. He's a corporate backed politician just as Bush is. If Kerry or Bush win this election, whatever corporation that supported them will be paid back by what will most likely be tax exemption at YOUR expense. Like I said in the other thread, people all throughout history have gone into battles knowing they cannot/will not win. That, however, doesn't mean it hasn't paved the way for ultimate victory in the end. If we do not do anything to change what is in place, how can we ask for changes? What's the purpose of being politically aware if you're going to waste your vote on someone who ISN'T who you want to be president? If Nader gets more votes steadily, he will make a louder noise, and gain more popularity, to the point where the government won't be able to avoid/ignore him any longer. This thing is bigger than one election...it sets the tone for how American politics are carried out, and the corrupt manner in which they're being done. You'll say the same thing next election when it comes time to vote again. I want Nader in office, whether it's this election, or ten elections later; however long it takes for the people of this country to realize they have more than two similar options. And damnit, I'm going to excersise that option. [/b][/quote]
    I don't really have a problem with Nader. However, I don't believe he even has any plan of what to do in Iraq even if he was elected. Not having a plan in Iraq ain't gonna get you elected.

I don't believe John Kerry is the lesser of two evils(I don't believe he is evil at all) and I defidently don't think people who support Nader but will vote for Kerry are throwing their votes away. They're being honest with themselves. This is seriously the most important election ever. It is happening NOW. I don't think voting for Nader in a chance to get him elected 20 years from now is a good idea. Voting for John Kerry gets George Bush out of office and that's what we need NOW. Ralph Nader is not going to win this election, or any election, ever. At least not for a pretty long time. No third party canidate will. If this wasn't such an important election I would see no problem with voting for Ralph Nader or any other third party canidate. But with the degree of this election I think it's truely much wiser to vote for Kerry and get Bush out of office.

What huge company like Halliburton or Enron sponsors John Kerry? I don't believe he is a corporate backed politician and I don't recall reading any proof from you. Probably because you haven't supplied any. I, nor will 98% of Americans have to pay extra taxes to pay back some corporate sponsor. You have not supplied any facts to back all of these accusations against Kerry. Maybe you're the one with a false image painted into your mind about Democrats? It seems that way to me so far.

Oh, and just for the record 10 elections from now will be 40 years. Ralph Nader will probably be dead in 40 years so good luck getting him in office. :chemist:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

And what are the plans of Bush and Kerry to eventually exit Iraq? I've heard nothing but talk. You're entitled to your opinions, and I'm entitled to mine. I see what you're saying calling this the most important election ever, but of course it is; it's the one going on now. Past elections mean nothing to you, nor do future elections. Future elections mean something to me, and that's why I would vote for Ralph Nader. Ralph Nader most likely won't win this election, but saying he will never win any election means nothing to me; it's only your opinion, and only time will prove it true or untrue. What you brought up about 3rd part candidates is partially WHY I'd vote for Ralph Nader; a republic deserves more than two popular choices. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Bush has corporate ties and Kerry does NOT

And just for the record, it's called hyperbole :rolleyes: