Things critics have said about LP that annoyed you.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Rippin on That, Jun 6, 2014.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Well I hope I'm not making an annoyance of myself by posting two threads after each but this one I think could be fun or at least amusing.

Now I have seen some not so friendly chatter in some of the news threads lately so I'm kinda hoping this will be a sort of unifying experience by us listing the things critics have said about LP that you found annoying/hilarious/absurd and downright stupid. Because we all know critics are the true enemies right guys!?

Okay so by critics I mean official publications and websites not random peeps on YouTube or forums. Also try not to quote artistdirect because that is way too easy!

Mine would have to be when ATS came out and I read a review in a local music magazine that said the album definitely was inspired by Skrillex. I hadn't heard the album before reading that review and it was kinda jarring trying imagine what that would sound like. Listened to the album and apparently if you have ever used electronics in your album you have to be inspired by god damn skrillex.

And then there's this "review" http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20419720,00.html which was baffling.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

^ A "B" from EW is actually considered somewhat positive. If it seems negative in tone but the overall score is good, it usually means it's not their preference, but "you'll like it anyway."

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I really don't care what critics think. I like it, that's all that really matters.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

"nu-metal rockers"

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

From NME's Dan Silver's review of Minutes to Midnight: ‘Hands Held High’, however, is far, far worse: an asinine anti-Bush diatribe on which multi-millionaire Mike Shinoda seethes that folk can’t afford gas no more [...] is far and away the funniest thing you’ll hear all year.

This isn't about caring what critics think. This is about their ludicrous statements being annoying as fuck.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I couldn't give less of a fuck about what some fuckhead critic, sitting on his couch, eating cheetohs, using his tighty whities as napkin, says about my bands.

Carnivore

Carnivore Well-Known Member

Bashing MTM because it didn't turn out to be HT part 3.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

NME really hates LP. The only album they liked was HT. It boggles me why NME still write articles/conduct interviews with LP when they simply cringe at them.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Now this is gold!

This is not so much about caring what they think but rather just laughing at ways people talk about the band either with hilarious hyperbole or things that just made you say "What?".

It's not really the score but the review it's self that was baffling to me. This is literally half of the review!

"the band's odd mélange of industrial grind, hip-hop swagger, and teenage-wasteland angst feels jarring"
    This was for a review of ATS

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Placebo, too. NME hates my two favorite bands :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Should publications just not interview bands if they give negative reviews?

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

"Game-changers" ARTISTDirect have been saying that about every LP album since A Thousand Suns.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That is perhaps the least crazy thing that Florino has said to describe his thoughts on the band's work. :p

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

There was a review of A thousand suns where the reviewer told that Linkin Park was trying hard to be bands like Rage against the machine. He said that the rebel against the government kind of lyrics were pissing off. Did he even know what the fuck A thousand suns was about?

Also, not a review but I guess back in day, there were rumours of Linkin Park being a 'manufactured' band, I read up on some forum threads discussing it. What's funny was one of them said that the evidence was clear, that except for Chester everyone else on the band were very professional and so obviously they were fake and then in another thread, another guy claimed that Chester was hand picked by record companies because he was relatable to teenagers. But, then the other stuff they said was just mean and depressing.

side-note: I think the hunting party's wikipedia page seems a little weird in a way. Can someone else read and tell me I'm over-reacting?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I never read what the critics write cause I have my own opinion for their albums!