Thinking About Getting Getting Chester's Fire Tattoo - On ONE Arm?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Evan, Feb 26, 2016.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Thinking About Getting Chester's Fire Tattoo - But Just on One Arm

Hey guys. Recently I've been wanting to get some kind of tattoo but it's been hard to commit to the idea of having something on my body that will be there for the rest of my life. I also don't like the vast majority of tattoos I see. However, I always thought Chester's fire tattoos on his arms were pretty c̶o̶o̶l̶ fucking awesome. But I wouldn't want to just get the exact same tats that someone else has - at least not in the same way. I feel like you're kind of forfeiting your identity when you do that. Therefore, I've been thinking about getting the fire tatoo on ONE of my arms - right now I'm thinking my left.

I've loved LP for the last 8 years of my life, and within the last 3 or so years I've come to realize that I look up to Chester as my role model. But at the same time I want to be my own person and forge my own path. So, do you guys think it would be weird if I got just one of his arm tattoos? I was also considering maybe getting it in a different color - like an orange flame instead of a green one? I don't know. I really like the colors he has.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah probably, don't get the exact same one he has anyway, haha. Will you really not regret that? Other than that, probably go for something stylistically similar since you like how it looks.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Do you really think it would be that weird/lame? A LOT of people have his exact tats on both arms.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I feel like there was a radio interview or something where Chester spoke on this subject.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember him recalling meeting a fan who copied his tattoos, and he was pretty annoyed at the dude after meeting him.

Does anyone else remember that or am I full of shit?

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I don't know about that but I do remember this

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yeah, I think tattoos are a pretty personal thing. It means something to the person who has them. Marks a certain period in life or a feeling or just a symbol that means a lot to you. I can imagine how one would be pretty annoyed to see another blatantly steal it.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

As I said before, MANY fans have his tattoos. And if you watch the video I posted you will see Mike giving props to a fan in the crowd who has them. And I understand that they're a personal thing, but Chester is my personal role model. Apart from loving his music, he's the same height as me - 5'10 and body type - naturally skinny as shit. We both have to work out so much to look muscular at all. He has also inspired me to start making music and do vocal covers of songs. Everything, from the way he moves around the stage at concerts, to the way he speaks to people with the utmost respect and generosity (this is something that can be said about all the band members, they all defy the celebrity, pop culture persona in every way imaginable) just seems right. I'd want to conduct myself the exact same way if I was in his shoes.

Also, I've always used the story of Chester's personal life as a baseline for my own life. I had a somewhat shitty childhood, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Chester's. So I've always told myself, "if Chester can go from where he was then to where he is now, I can definitely go far in life and be happy."

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

what about a dick tattoo tho? that would be unique

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, imo i wouldnt take the complete same motive as some of Chester's. Maybe some little elements put into some "own" , of your life inspired picture.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

A flaming dick. Bam.

polleo

I didn't mean to say it'd be lame. I was talking about you, actually. Ten years from now when you're at a different point in life, would you still like that tattoo? That is circumstantial, sure but wouldn't you want to go for something more original and meaningful to yourself or people you care about? Admiring and being inspired by Chester is all fine but what about individuality? Wouldn't you want something more exclusive to yourself? I mean, you just said both Chester and plenty of other LP fans have used the same tattoo.

Anyway, at the end of the day, since you really want to get this tattoo, you might as well go ahead. Hope, I don't and didn't come off as judgmental :) You had asked for suggestions(?) and so I wrote that.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Don't get it just because Chester has it. It's a silly reason. It doesn't matter how similar you two otherwise are, and the fact that many fans have the tattoos is not an argument.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

No I'm sorry that's my bad - I can sometimes be overly defensive. I guess I subconsciously just wanted people to tell me to get it :lol: You do make a really good point though, about how the fact that other people have it actually diminishes its value in a way.

I guess it's because I've doubted my ability to be my own person my whole life and I'm just now realizing that I do have that potential.

(Maybe I should just get a dick tattoo. Of my own dick. For the originality factor of course)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    polleo

Hahahaha

Definitely, go for it :kappa:

Anyway, hope you get one you're satisfied with :)

minuteforce

I should actually clarify: I meant that you should consider getting Chester Bennington's flame design tattooed on your penis. :p

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Do whatever you want.
    Most people won't recognize where you got the idea of the tattoo from anyway. The only reason why people in here are so much against it is because we are on a LP forum :p
    If I were in your shoes I would probably change it up a bit, so it isn't an exact copy.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Good idea. Except people might mistake it as a hint that I have gonorrhea or something :deadgiveaway:

Yeah, true.

Thanks guys.

minuteforce

Whatever. Please film yourself howling in pain while it's getting done. :)

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Ok. Hopefully I'll be screaming like Chester and not like a little girl ;)

Sorry I just now saw this.