This Linkin Park 'Heavy' Rehearsal Is So Good It Deserves A Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That statement was sarcasm as noted by the "kappa"

Limp Bizkit isn't alive anymore. Hollywood Undead also fell off. Dangerkids is the only one I really know of and they never got big to begin with.

Forfeit to Break likes this.
  2. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Can I use this comment elsewhere? Please say yes :bounce:

Bane and Abel like this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

LOL I wasn't even in first grade when Meteora dropped.

Abel likes this.
  4. Blake

I was in 2nd grade, wow

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. Deliveranze

Damn. Even when I was in second grade, Fort Minor wasn't even a thing yet. LP was still doing Collision Course.

6. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Meteora was my no 1 go to album in high school, whether it be when I was studying, working out or letting off my frustrations when a girl dumped me lol. Absolutely loved it. Did some horrible covers. Good times. Social media was way different back then don't even think myspace had got big yet lol, let alone usurped.

I feel old.

Deliveranze likes this.
  7. Blake

If I remember right the Fort Minor album came out when I was in 5th grade (Maybe 6th grade)

Minutes to Midnight came out when I was in 7th grade. It was the first LP album that I was actually around for launch(at least in person, joined LPL before ATS dropped). I was super hyped and I wasn't let down, amazing album still to this day :D

I always wish I could go back in time and find someone who never heard What I've Done and went into the album hearing nothing because the album at the time was kind of trolling starting off with a super heavy song and then going into a rap rock song as the next song.

I think it would be hilarious to watch the face reactions of the person listening because they thought it might be a different album :lol:

Deliveranze likes this.
  8. Deliveranze

I found LP through MTM. My favorite album of theirs and I remember finding In the End and Numb after and I thought they were all by different artists. :lol: that was around 5the grade.

I was 13 and in 8th grade when ATS came out but my parents wouldn't let me buy it because of the parental advisory sticker until I showed them that MTM has the same. :p I think it was the Transformers movies that introduced me to the band.

Gravity_LP and Blake like this.
  9. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Alright, here goes nothing...

I'm going to be that guy that says and truly thinks that the Island Vibes and Nu-Metal versions of "Heavy" are actually better than the final version, if only for the instrumentals. Both of these versions interest me so much more than the official release, as both have a great sound to them with more going on. Of course, it cannot be overstated that Rob especially kills it on the drums in both versions. Also, that piano melody, though simple, was done really well and gave the Nu-Metal version more atmosphere.

I'm serious when I say that had Chester been more serious when doing the vocals for the "heavy" version of "Heavy" (that looks so bizarre :lol:), this version of the song could have had a lot of potential. He could have possibly used a combination of his HT/M raspiness and his cleaner vocals from ATS onward. The guitars could have had a bit more work done to them, as well. Think THP-style guitars in a HT-esque song. Not bad, huh?

Mike doing some serious rapping could have made it better, too. Just imagine him delivering a High Voltage/And One/Dedicated-style verse over that instrumental. Go on, just imagine it and its potential awesomeness.

I still need to hear that Swing Band version, though. That should be interesting, too. By the way, when was Chester's last line about Hybrid Theory removed from the original YouTube upload? What he is reported as saying cannot be heard in that video or in the Instagram video that was posted below. I only hear Mike saying "give the kids what they want" and "here's your Hybrid Theory". I do not hear "here's your fucking Hybrid Theory, now shut the fuck up", or whatever was supposedly said.

10. Deliveranze

I can't believe there is so many "I want nu metal" LP fans tho. Like ew. I mean I like HT and Meteora but they already did a high energy rock album 3 years ago. Like goddamn. And no LP has never been a strict rock band and no YouTube tier-comment like "Fuck Pop! I listen to real music like Linkin Park, Korn, Hollywood Undead, Eminem and Twenty One Pilots!" is gonna change that.

Like Minus said, it's been more than a decade and if ya crave that shit, check dozens of other wannabe Linkin Park clones out there.

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This sounds horrible. Please read my previous post.

12. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I kinda feel like LP Doesnt care about their fans now, even though they said that LP fans are the best in the world and so on and they thank us, but i dont think they really care, what we think or what we want. And why should they, they are the one's making millions we arent, so its like fuck us. In reality they wouldnt be where they are today if it wasnt for the fans. And this has nothing to do with wanting HT 3.0 or making another ATS or THP.

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can't even reply to this properly because my hand is cemented in my face permanently from facepalming so hard.

You sir, are ridiculous.

14. Minus

I know right?! Fuck LP. They shouldn't be making music THEY want to make. They should be making music WE want them to make.

It's not like they're doing this for the love of music. They're obviously in it for the money. Fuck their creative aspirations, GIVE US WHAT WE WANT.

DANCE MONKEY DANCE! DO OUR BIDDING! DO WHAT WE THINK AND WHAT WE WANT, LIKE MATTLP SAYS!

15. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I read your post. Did you fully read mine?
    I was giving a suggestion for a version of "Heavy" that would include various elements from past albums to make something interesting. I was not explicitly saying I wanted a Hybrid Theory only type of song. Think of the "LP Toolbox" approach from the LT era, and how the band merged the old with the new, and still managed to create new sounds. This is what I am talking about for my vision of a heavier, harder-sounding "Heavy".

Iopia likes this.
  16. Minus

Be real, that first half of LT with the "toolbox" was entirely forgettable and cringeworthy. The only part of that album that was in any way redeemable was when they dropped the toolbox and "firecracker" mentality entirely and experimented. Castle of Glass. Roads Untraveled. Skin To Bone. Half of Until It Breaks.

That "toolbox" attitude ruined Primo. We all know it. Primo is so much better than I'll Be Gone it's not even funny. The toolbox was retired for a reason, and that's because it makes songs so phoned-in you could write 6 whole songs in a few months. Hell, the toolbox is so filled with tropes they were able to nu-metal Heavy with 30 seconds of prep time. If it takes you 30 seconds to write a song using the toolbox, that song and the toolbox aren't worth using creatively.

RapidGunner and Bane like this.
  17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's this very thing that make me feel anything prior to MTM is honestly weaker. Yes it made them famous, but if it's that easy for them to write those songs, then they're not that difficult or challenging to record.

18. Minus

This is what I think of the whole toolbox talk. Also Hybrid Theory and Meteora in general.

Captain-EO, Bane and KarL_LewiS like this.
  19. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Do you go through life to just thinking off yourself all of the time? Why do you feel so entitled, are you like that with everything?

20. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

THIS. FREAKING THIS. I wanna share the crap out of this.

And to add on: you want Linkin Park to go back to making music for a dead genre? You want Linkin Park to completely stop what they're doing and where they want to go just so they can appease YOU? You want another HT/Meteora?

Then consider this: you know those crappy Linkin Park jokes revolving around teenage angst or about how they're really great music for a middle schooler going through problems? You know that already big bias the band has against them because of HT/Meteora? Why a lot of people make fun of them despite never having actually listened to MTM and onward?

It has never stopped, but believe me, if the band went back to that sound for you guys, it'll be in maximum overdrive. Comments about how Linkin Park will die out because they didn't stick to their "signature sound" clearly don't realize how dead in the water bands like Disturbed, KoRn, Limp Bizkit are nowadays while--surprise, surprise!--Linkin Park is still national news and causing all of this commotion and hype and conversation.

As I've always lived by: you are free to like/dislike whatever the band has put out. To completely act entitled by stomping your feet and demanding the band cater to you because "WE gave you this attention, now make us THIS" is why there's always been this division in the fanbase, and why the band will never take you seriously.

The guys have moved on. Most of the people who either liked Heavy or at least constructively disliked it while accepting it have moved on. Why can't you?