"Thornography" deemed inappropriate

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Rachel, Jun 25, 2006.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

(((if there's a thread about this, i didn't see it)))

I've seen the new cover, and it totally blows anus dude.

here it is, in all of its suckiness glory

i'm really intrigued that it's taken roadrunner this long to say their covers are a bit risque, to say the least. they signed a band with the most infamously tacky and unrefined covers known to date.

let's take a look back at their past covers:

The Principle of Evil Made Flesh- Bleeding lesbian vampires. Do I need to say anything more?

Dusk and Her Embrace - A seemingly peaceful cover. Nothing wrong here.

Cruelty and the Beast- It's a cd about Erszebet Batory (the proper spelling of her name, dont say anything). Like it didn't bother people to buy a cd with a naked chick in a tub of blood.

Midian- Seeminly normal. Do I notice a trend?

Bitter Suites to Succubi- a horned woman (lilith?) in the same position as a very famous illustration of SATAN. yeah. that might disturb those who understood that.

Damnation and a Day- a very boring ugly cover. yeah, i notice a trend.

Nymphetamine- Not the most jarring of covers, but as many of you know, nothing screams "warning, this band might make roadrunner crap their skivs" more like a booklet filled with pictures of women that remind me of a certain scene from Cabin Fever, and a song that has a lovely reference to a horrible nickname for a body part. Oh and yeah. A picture of a temple-esque thing in the shape of said body part.

...Roadrunner must have been on crack to not expect a jarring cover out of these guys.

If anything, they should have confront the band BEFORE they started printing out the covers as to have saved this hassle.

Whoever lives in the U.K better scan a copy of the cover. I wanna see what it looks like.

I love the band, so I'll buy the cd...but probably from England, because I refuse to have that cover in my cd case. Ugh. That cover is just horrific.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Dang. I want to see the actual cover.

I really enjoyed Nymphetamine. This should be excellent.

Rachel

Yeah, I was looking EVERYWHERE for the old cover.

Cause that new one is craptacular.

Ehhh, I'm kinda suspicious about this cd. I mean, I know it's experimental almost, so maybe it'll recapture the flame they are sort of losing.

Nymphetamine was decent, the only song I really enjoyed was "Gilded Cunt". That one is the only one that really sounds like them. Yeah, the title track was pretty good too, but by the time I got the cd, it was played out.

This Ville Valo track really intrigues me, I want to hear it. I just hope to god it doesn't suck.

I have to say though, Cruelty and the Beast definitly was the best album COF ever put out.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

It intrigues me, too. Right when I heard the announcement for the album and saw that he'd be featured I was really interested in hearing it. While I'm not a very biggerest huge fan of HIM I do enjoy alot of their music, and this will definitely be a reason to pick up this album.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Thinking CoF is risqué and edgy is so... I don't know, fucking 4 years ago. I personally hate them. They just seem so bland and passé. Just, ugh.

Dani Filth & Ville Valo is a match made in "goth" heaven, though. All the Hot Topic kids are gonna clamor over that shit, for sure. More power to 'em, I guess.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Basically. Scaring your parents (by way of goth makeup or pitiful androgeny and a lame haircut) is quite dated.

Rachel

Well, see, it's not even that.

It's just plain ridonkulous to think that cradle isn't going to try and be daring.

Roadrunner must have known that when signing them. I just think it's funny that finally someone has told them to censor their cover.

I'm more interested in seeing the original cover than seeing if they scare my mom.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Well, see, it's not even that.

What they do is not daring. It's contrived. Not to mention unoriginal.

I think their music videos are funny though. Trudging through the forest with a casket and shit like that. Laughably grim.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

they are pretty okay but the whole "goth" idea is old

a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

never been a huge fan of them personally, they're early stuff is like pop-black metal, and there new stuff is just extreme gothic rock, but there are better bands out there at doing that.

who knows though, if this album is more 'experimental' then it might be suprisingly good...

Rachel

I did say try.

As in, not succeed, even though they hope they can still appeal to the mallgoths of the world.