Three Thousand.

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Matt, Jan 5, 2006.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

So here it is, my 3000th post. Not the one that makes me a Supermember, but a landmark nonetheless. I'm not sure if it was necessary to make a topic, but I feel it was. I've been waiting too long to not celebrate.

So...

Nearly two and a half years ago, I joined the LPA as a 12-year-old Linkin Park freak. My name was DJ XERO (With a pounds sign for an E), I rarely posted outside of LP Chat, and my first topic was about Mike and Chester's (Well...Chaz's :lol:) hair. Scary, eh? I had no idea that I was probably hated for that at the time, and I had to go a long way to gain respect.

After a while, and a series of at least 3 or 4 name changes, I got my posts up to around 600-700, and my respect slowly started coming back. I was on here nonstop, and my parents got worried. They said it "was bad for me", but in the long run, it's anything but. Anyway, they disconnected my internet, and that initiated a really...empty sort of phase. That lasted for around three months, which is why I'm so behind in terms of posts. I realized that I needed this place. It's like my sanctuary.

When I finally got my internet back, the first thing I probably did was come back here. A few more name changes and the Ambient status came along, and I finally got my hands on a copy of Photoshop Elements. I began making signatures for others (Not always good ones, though), which really got me noticed. People realized that I wasn't just some guy that would ditch the board later on. Somehow, I'd pulled off was I was trying to do:earn my respect back.

The next period of time somehow got me into an "emo" state, which really was a bit stupid, but still painful for me at the time. Coming here made me feel better. You guys gave me some great advice and got me out of that time. Once again, I got somewhat of a life and forgot about this board. I came back and was like "Whoa...when was the last time I was here?"

So, in the recent months, I've had my ups and downs, and I've found help time and time again, most recently my old girlfriend troubles. I've never formally thanked all of you who helped me along the way (Like you losers would care :p). For helping me grow up (Well...sorta...), expanding my musical tastes (You got me to ditch the rap), and most importantly, taking my life away. :lol:

So, with all of that, thank you, LPA. Here's to 3,000 posts, and many more in the future. :)

Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

:peace: Beautiful.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Waste of space.

Matt

...that's sooo Casey. :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Nice

I wasnt mentioned

darn.

anyway Nice.

congrats.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Spammer. *rolls eyes*

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

*takes chance to check joined date*

wow.......3 years this year

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's nice to hear people criticize about spamming when they do similar things. Hmm, funny.

And Paul, don't even talk about my Ambient situation. :lol:

Matt, you deserve respect. You're a good guy, and a good friend. Cheers to your 3,000th post, and to many more.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Nicely done. Congrats!

And most of your posts weren't meaningless, so that's to be commended. Thanks for being a great member. :)

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

*emotional applause*

Congratulations on the 3K, and the... growing up.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Same here! Well they still think this place is "too grown up" and "contaminated!" Haha.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Congrats, Matt.

Man, I've got some catching up to do.

Matt

Thanks, you guys. :)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Took you long enough...lol. j/k

Congrats. ^_^