Thrice Part Ways With Island Records

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Logan, Jun 26, 2007.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to let you all know that we’ve decided to part ways with Island Records. Over the past couple of years, we’ve realized that we have different visions for the band’s future and we both agree that we’d be better off going our separate ways at this point. We’re very grateful for all the help and support they’ve given us for the past four years. Thankfully, they’ve been generous enough to let us keep the record we’re currently recording, and we’re hopeful that this change in plans won’t delay its release. We’re currently in the process of finding a new home, and will let you all know once we do so.

As with every twist and turn of our careers, we made this decision based on trust and belief: belief in what we’re creating and our future, and trust in each other and you all as fans.

We’re excited to finish this album, get it out later this year, go on tour this fall with one of our favorite bands, and for everything our future holds.

Thank you all for your love and support, it means the world to us.

Love,
    Dustin, Riley, Teppei, and Ed

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Whenever it's released, the Element project still promises to be outstanding

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

Fuck, this could be bad. If they land on an indie, I hope the label can finance the four discs thing.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I always knew this album seemed pretty experimental for an Island release. I bet we get a news article with the headline "Thrice Sign with Equal Vision" soon.