Tomb Raider: Legend Reviews/Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Derek, Feb 24, 2006.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, but so far that's been the only gripe with Legend, that the game is (sadly) just a little too short and leaves you wanting more.

But the way I look at it is, if a magazine's only real gripe about the game is that it's too short..then that means they throughly enjoyed the game and wished it was longer.

I have heard rumors that the game isn't too challenging on normal mode though, so I urge you all to try hard difficulty if you buy/rent the game.

Hmmm..only 15 days people :).

Oh and sorry about the PC screens not showing. Let's just say the webmaster of that site is...unfavorable and does whatever he can to make sure no other site can hotlink to his images.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I get the feeling this game will be about the same as BLACK. BLACK would have had at least a 9.5 on IGN if it was longer, and had multiplayer/online.

I may check this game out. I've never been huge on Tomb Raider.

Derek

I like the fact that the game is making some non Tomb Raider fans turn their head in interest. If Crystal Dynamics can do this game right (reviews dont mean shit till you've played the game yourself), I believe it'll launch a whole new breed of Tomb Raider fans.

Till then however, here are some screens of the PC version with medium settings. It should be noted that the game is not actually this dark and that it was probably a result of faulty video card settings.

But check out the model and skin detail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Derek

Tomb Raider: Legend has gone GOLD!

Yup you heard right folks. Tomb Raider: Legend has managed to dodge the ever so popular game delay curse, and has obtained 'gold' status meaning it WILL be released on schedule across the globe.

So don't forget to pick up the new Tomb Raider game for your PC, PS2, Xbox, or 360 when it becomes availible on April 7th(UK) or April 11th(US). There is no word yet as to if the PSP version is still delayed and whether it will be availible along with the other formats on the date of release.

Only time will tell. Less than 12 days left for you UKers out there!

And with Legend still having yet to receive anything lower than an 8 in reviews, and the only real gripe being its length (without secrets or alternate routes)..it seems this game is on track to be the best Tomb Raider game to date. w00t w00t.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Agreed on the w00t-w00t-ness.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Yeah, they just had to delay the PSP version which I was planning on getting. >_<

Derek

Probably to make sure its not just some shitty improperly done PSP port.

Ever play POP:Revelations? Yeah that's a good example. Either way it's rumored (if it is infact delayed) to be released on April 25th..so it's not like its a painfully long wait.

Derek

BIG NEWS HIGH END PC-RAIDERS!

The moment you have all been waiting for is finally here. The PC demo for Tomb Raider: Legend has gotten into to the hands of GameSpy employees and will be availible EXCLUSIVELY for download @ Gamespy Arcade on March 31st, 2006 at 5:30PM PST (8:30PM EST).

While a gamespy arcade account is required for the chat, the demo is apparently a free download for ANYONE and will be located right here:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download

Furthermore, a live chat event with the producer of TR:Legend will be held on Gamespy, one hour prior to the release of the demo. In this chat you will be able to ask your questions about the game, as well as build up hype till the demo's release.

Don't expect to play this demo if you have a crap PC however. The final game itself is 9.9GB so you should expect the demo to be a few hundred MB at the very least. Furthemore, here are the specs for the final game (most likely representative of the demo as well):

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

It's also coming out for Gamecube too.

Derek

Yup. It's just been announced.

As if it wasn't already coming out on enough platforms, today Crystal Dynamics revealed they will be releasing it on Gamecube, GBA, Nintendo DS and mobile phones much later on in the year.

Pretty cool I must say.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The GameCube one will probably be the last good title on that console before Twilight Princess is released. I would consider getting it for that, but Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has just been released. :D

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

It isn't very easy to download the demo if you don't have GameSpy installed. It takes ages. Is that normal ?

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Christopher

LOL, that's awesome.

Derek

Yes st0f, the demo takes a while to download. Hopefully you've gotten it by now. What do you think about it?

A texture editor has already been created unofficially for the game (which means..yes..nude raider is bound to make a comeback -.-) and here is one rather amazing face mod for Lara:

[​IMG]

But yeah...Tomb Raider comes out in 2 days for you UK/Europe/Worldwide folks and 6 for the US people :). How awesome!

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I played the new tomb raider demo on 360 this morning. Shit. Nothing will compare to the old school days when I was like 11, checking out lara's 2 pixel boobs.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Derek

^^ That right there is proof of why you need to own this game.

And I doubt it's shit skywalker if it's getting an 8.2. Guess you cant please everyone aye?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I didn't like what I played, it gave me headaches, only Tony Hawk 3 gave me headaches before this game. The other parts of the game might have been better, i'll have to borrow it off a friend or something to get a better perspective.

Christopher

I haven't downloaded the demo because I already played it on my friends PS2 (the demo, not the complete game). I was really looking forward to it's release but I've just bought Soul Calibur 3 and it's awesome. I'll buy Tomb Raider later when there aren't any games that will take more time to finish them than Tomb Raider (I heard it's rather short and easy)

EDIT: Maybe I'll buy it for my computer. It looks better and there are "Updates" :p