Tool

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Methybrea, Apr 9, 2003.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Hey, and who is Tool's guitarist..he kicks @$$!!

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Adam Jones is his name, I believe. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is, lol.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Adam Jones is his name, I believe. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is, lol. [/b][/quote]

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yup, Adam Jones! Great guitarist, lots of distortions and stuff! The drummer's my favourite, listen to him closely! (Ticks & Leetches, whoa! The guy must have eight hands!).

And yeah, I love that part on Aenima too, Project Hybrid! Other parts I like:

"Mom's gonna fix it all soon/ Mom's coming 'round to put it back the way it oughta be." :p

"F*** smiley glad-hands with hidden agendas/F*** all these dysfunctional insecure actresses!"

And PH, if you want some more amazing stuff by Tool, go and pick up Lateralus RIGHT away! :D

Methybrea

By the way, Keaton, nice Sig! :teehee: :D ^_^

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

The one part I said I like gives me chills, it's great! What are some good hard TOOL songs?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Thank you :).

After this discussion of Tool, I was inspired to make a sig for Tool :lol:.

And Tool is not really your typical metal bands. They're kinda' just like... I have no idea how to describe them. They have their own sound that I've heard through like Dredg, and Kenna (two unknown bands). It's like a soothing rock, but heavier.

It's really hard to explain, but I haven't heard Undertow and Aenima through fully, but of what I heard, it wasn't really the heavy stuff.

I like more soothing-ness when I'm drawing or just trying to mend. Tool makes good mending time when under pressure for me :lol:.

Methybrea

Hard Tool songs would be 'Bottom', 'Undertow', 'Intolerance', 'Ticks & Leetches' (their heaviest), 'Hooker With A male genital', and 'Sober' are all hard songs. And download 'Lateralis' if you have time too. Hard at times but has one soft part, you'll still like it! :D

Methybrea

I was just on Tool's official site and it just announced that 'Aenima' has been certified TRIPLE Platinum! (w00t) Quite an accomplishment for such a band out of the mainstream as Tool!

Methybrea

LOL I laughed so hard when I saw that they changed my post! From 'Hooker with a *****' to 'Hooker with a male genital!' :p

Anyways, like the drumset in my sig? :D

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

i think they're boring. :mellow:

Methybrea

Too bad you don't like them, but thanks for your opinion! ^_^

Methybrea

Just bumping this thread up in case anyone else wants to comment on it!

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I don't care if anyone want's to post about Tool in this thread, but old topics like this stay dead. With that said: pull something like this again, and I will neuter you with a dull spoon. ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

LMAO.

:lol::lol:

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

I love tool. I downloaded lateralus and i need to get the whole aenima cd. Which of their cd's do you like the best?

Methybrea

I like Lateralus the best. The self-titled track, The Patient, and Schism especially, although every track is good (except The Mantra, just noises). That CD is just beyond comparison to anything else I've heard. There have been a few fairly close, with those being Dream Theater's Scenes From A Memory and Tool's Aenima. Aenima is great too, with Thrid Eye being my favourite Tool song ever, but there are too many filler 'mood' tracks like the mantra, but lots of great music. Undertow is less progressive then their newest stuff but still a great buy if you can find it, and their EP, Opiate is a gem, a very loud and angry Tool, with some great songs like 'Cold And Ugly', 'Part of Me', and 'Opiate'. Their production here is really rough, giving them a very raw sound which really adds to the mood of the album. Oh yeah, and there's Salival too, with some redos of older songs and a few of new songs too!

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

I only heard a few of their songs, but they are good. They resemble chevelle a little bit

Methybrea

Chevelle? I've only heard one of their songs, Seeing Red or something like that. Any suggestions on what songs of theirs are good?

From what I heard there is a bit of resemblance, but Tool has much longer songs. I think the vocalist and the dark manner are what is kinda similar.