Tribute of puppets

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by the_king_of_all, Mar 22, 2006.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm not saying it'll be great, but Sanitarium is probably one of the only Metallica songs BFMV could cover successfully in my opinion.

Oh, and if the issue is dated April the 8th then it will be released on Wednesday the 5th. They date the issues by the Saturday after the magazine is released.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
    JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

ah - well that makes sense now :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I hate to say it, since I despise Trivium with every bone in my body, but Matt Heafy can sing. Just not in Trivium.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah Matt Heafy can't sing for shit in Trivium...back in 2003. Nowadys he's one of the best metal singers no matter what he's singing. He did sick on 'The End' and does an awesome cover of 'The Trooper' by Iron Maiden which is hard for anyone to pull off. He can do an even better cover of 'Master Of Puppets'.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

My local news agent gets like every second issue of UK Kerrang so i hope they get this one!

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ordered my copy last night. Just incase i miss it, feel free to post here if someone sees that the sample are online before i do :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I loved Matt's vocals on Trivium's older works. He doesn't sound any different on Ember to Inferno than he does on Ascendancy.

I'm sure he'll be able to pull off James' vocals with ease, since he sometimes sounds like his vocals were influenced by James.

the_king_of_all

You'd be right. he's said he bases his vocals on James and he also said the next album will be 'less brutal screaming, more hetfield-esque vocals' which i'm really looking forward to hearing. and i like the vocals on Ember to Inferno. they sound different to Ascendancy though, the actual singing is more raw than on ascendacy, but wether that's because he's changed or because of the quality of the recordings i'm not sure.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's probably the quality of the recordings. Although he may have also gotten better simply from performing the songs. But the screaming sounds the same on both albums, so it's kind of hard to tell. Haha.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Sounds fucking awesome :lol:

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

It's things like this that make me wish I was a bigger fan of Metallica; I'm just not though :p

Chris

No, its not Die Krupps :lol: This full song sounds exactly like the 30 second clip.

the_king_of_all

Damn you. Beat me to it :lol:

Anyway. Machine heads track isn't as good as i thought it would be.. the vocals are a bitoff i think. Triviums track is better than i expected. As goes with Mendeeds. Fightstars track sounds pretty decent actualy. i could see them pulling it off if it carries on like that. Mastodon's Orion seemed a little off and out of tune, BFMV's Sanitarium... i completely take back what i said about that. it's actualy really really good. turned out really well. and FFAF's track... god no. doesn't work IMO. You can't take a metallica track and brutally scream it. it doesn't work. half the reason why i love metallica is Hetfields vocals.

EEEEDDDDIIIIITTTT: Was just flying around the BBC website, and turned out the rock show has played pretty much the whole cover of MoP. Listen here if you're there before the 5th of april. sounds pretty fucking kick ass. if you just want to here the song skip through to about 45 minutes in. Oh god how i was tempted to double post i was so excited about this :lol: It's fucking spot on. Matt has nailed the vocals almost flawlessly. and they've done the whole song, instead of just the first 4 minutes! fuck yeah! (it skips out the second verse on the radio though. i guess because it would have been too long to play on radio) And he just claimed Travis Smith is better than Lars Ulrich... eh... after seeing the massive drum solo trivium did live.. i guess there really isn't that much in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2006
    Friskey™

(w00t)

EDIT: My god...this is an amazing cover

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
    the_king_of_all

That pretty much sums it up :lol: I can't wait for this even more now.. if all the songs are that good.. and even if they aren't, it'll be worth it just for the trivium cover now.

JUST INCASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE: LISTEN TO FULL MASTER OF PUPPETS COVER (by Trivium) HERE (Just because i don't think it stood out enough before :lol:)

Friskey™

Well its not really full since they cut out after the solo, but still...listen to it dammit.

God, I love being in the USA...I can find that shit free on a torrent :lol:

the_king_of_all

Ahhh well. I'm really not interested in the Magazine, i just want the CD :lol: and it carrys on after the solo by the way, he just talks over it for a bit. by the way, for anyone that is too lazy to read my edit, and has clicked the link and is thinking 'Eh? where's my metallica cover?!' skip through to exactly 45 minutes it (by clicking the skip forward 5 minutes button 9 times.) and wait 30 seconds or so.

EDIT: Post 4000

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2006
    Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Just got my copy this morning, had to wait till I got home to listen tho was at work all day, am just playing the CD now, will report back

Chris

Rip iiiiiit :lol: