Tribute To Chester Featuring LPA

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by HybridT, Jul 29, 2017.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Hey! Today I had this idea of writing a song about Chester together. I feel like the band deserves a message that they are not alone. After all these years, they've helped us with their songs and magnificent lyrics. Why not help them all together in this hard moment that they are having?

We should write a song about Chester, but at the same time deliver a powerful message to the band giving them strenght at this moment when they need it most. It doesn't matter which instrument you play, everything counts. This song could contain guitars, bass, drums, piano, strings, a lot of vocalists, even gang vocals maybe at the end of the song.
    Also, we could suggest lyrics and build a song step by step all together.

I play guitar. That's the only thing I can offer. I'm not good at singing, but I know that here we have beautiful voices. I propose you to share your ideas here, and also your opinion.

I'll start by sharing a cool thing I did with my guitar today.

This could be like the intro of the song, I'm open to any opinion or something better.

Obviously, this song will end up in a good quality. But for now, you can share your ideas with a decent recording.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

We had another tribute idea but it seems to have stagnated.

I personally don't think any ambitious tribute is going to be feasible for LPA just because we won't get enough collective commitment.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree. Even closed-invite band-style projects have never really gone well in the LP fan community.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I've been dabbling with some production recently so I would be happy to contribute. I've been working on my own tribute to chester as well so I'm down to contribute what I have so far over there and see where we go. Have been writing some lyrics too but those are all rap lyrics as I can't sing.