Urgent help required!!! Musicians, please read this..

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by RapidGunner, Sep 18, 2013.

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Hey guys, I need some help. Anyone who is technically proficient in musical equipment, please help me out.

I own a cheap Gibson knockoff electric guitar and a Zoom G2 guitar processor. I've owned the G2 since 3-4 years and I LOVE the thing. It sounds beautiful in studio recordings and a most live performances.

So what's the problem, you say? Well, it's now officially two times that the g2 has caused a serious problem for me. Two days back, during soundcheck @ a fairly expensive/hi-tech auditorium, there was an AWFUL amount of latency on my guitar. I'm not sure if latency is the right word (as it's usually a term used during studio recording), but yeah, basically I heard a chord/note I played about ONE WHOLE SECOND after I played it.

No, there isn't any problem with the auditorium's sound equipment, because this problem doesn't happen with other guitarists who use other processors. And yes, I also tried connecting the guitar directly to their equipment (without the processor) and it worked perfectly. ZERO Latency.

I absolutely love my guitar processor, and I hope that this is a problem that can be corrected. Sadly I didn't find anyone else in the internet having this problem. And I have another performance in two days. Can you guys help?

EDIT - Just wanted to add, it still works perfectly fine in my home / at the studio... It's just the occasional live performance when this happens..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

*stops reading*

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

hahahah