VA Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by palingenesis, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

of course, :lol: ... it's play time!

as long as they don't balme me, then everything is ok... :lol:
    that'll be interesting if they relate me to it when I'm like 4 states away Virgina..
    :lol:

2. Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Or to me when I'm across the pond :p

But seriously this whole tradgedy could of been prevented if Cho got the psychiatric help it was advised he should of had...

3. Fox

Yup, but the VT principal didn't pay attention to it...
    and guess what, he's not even getting fired anytime soon...

Ignorance is everywhere..

:blink:

4. Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Sometimes I do not find bliss in ignorance :(

5. Fox

You can't... If you care about the world and what's happening around you, then you just can't ignore them...

But I think you are trying to mean about those people who get in your nerve and you try to ignore them... but still, ignorance is not good...

It'll be too late when people open their eyes and see what's going on woth their world right now...
    We have from global warning, to school shootings, to over population, to corruption, to higher taxes, to wars, to diseases, to robbings.... and they are all increasing everyday more...

:blink:

6. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

well, some idiot named Jack thompson blamed it on video games less tahn 24 hours after the shooting occured

7. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

What a wanker. Even though I agree with some of the things he's said to an extent he's a conceited, egotistical twat and to comment on something like this to satiate his needs, especially so soon after, is fucking sick.

8. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

You know what I don't get? Cho said he hated rich kids. As far as I'm concered, aren't VT and Stanford REALLY expensive schools? If they are, then it's obvious Cho's family had some money.

Cho's roomates said that he never played videogames. If the press pulls the "videogames are too blame" card, then I will be extremely pissed.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Jack Thompson blames EVERYTHING on video games.

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I thought what he might have meant were privileged kids who were spoilt and turned their noses up at people who were less wealthy, not actual rich kids in general. It's also possible that his family weren't that well off and they had to make sacrifices for him to go there, or maybe he just said something with no basis because he wasn't right in the head.

11. DarthPeanut

DarthPeanut Well-Known Member

Cho was a kid who was picked on for being a foreigner. He saw those who picked on him as rich people who thought high of themselves. I have friends at VT who lost friends. They stand behind the principal. Even though they are fustrated that the tragedy did happen, they feel that the principal did the best he could under the circumstances of the situation. For those who live out of state, things like this can happen anywhere. The same day, schools all over the nation were having threats that someone was going to top the body count at VT. How often does a mass shooting occur at a school? They will now take the time to come up with a plan on dealing with this in case it happens again. This will also open the eyes of those who have been ignoring warning signs, however this will also cause loads of people who just like the quiet life to be singled out.

12. The One And Only....

The One And Only.... Well-Known Member

RIP VT students...and god does everything for a reason....guess this is another one of those events, we will never know why but there is always a reason. trust on him to make it right...