Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

you may be right here but you can't force people to think that way.
    someone may love digging into a piece of steak and you can't stop them.
    and meat isn't harmful to health if eaten in moderate amounts as far as i know

The LP Junkie

The LP Junkie Member

lol whoopsie :blush:

yeah i think i'm just going back to what i said before, everything eaten in moderate, balanced amouts is fine.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

namecalling eh? that'll get you a warning.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Heh, I guess that's why man discovered fire.

You've made your point about carnivores, but it's meaningless in the fact that human's are not carnivores. We're omnivores.

Edit: I know you already stated that, but then isn't it useless comparing us to carnivores?

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Haha, a warning :lol: . Don't mind me, it was directed towards all the people that brought up that same point that I already replied to. I am just here because a friend of mine told me people were bashing on vegetarians. By all means delete me, I am not a fan of Linkin Park.

On the other hand, anyone listen to Radiohead? Aren't they fooking awesome? Or The Cure. The Faint. And don't forget the Mars Volta, if Linkin Park had even half the talent of those guys.

You were comparing us to carnivores, I drew the line. You were implying our teeth are similar to theirs and it therefore justifies our meat consumption. Like I said there is no need for us to kill other animals, aside from rodents I suppose :whistle: . Killing is primitive.

:brad: Why is there a chinese emoticon guy?

don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

:unsure:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Heh, don't worry about the threat of a warning. :rolleyes:

I don't like Linkin Park either, I only post here because Fiona asked me to. And YES, I LOVE Radiohead, though this probably isn't the thread for it.

And though human teeth are perfectly capable of tearing vegetation, they're also suitable for cooked meat. That said, I also think it's far more than coincidence that human discovered fire. Killing may be primitive, but whether it's justifiable or not is a completely subjective matter.

And I don't know what the Chinese guy is for....lol ^_^

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Ok, so you want one yourself? Keep up the condescending attitude.

Todd

pretty pathetic that you waste your time registering on a fan site of a band you're not even a fan of just to preach to its members.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

How many people do you see running around the plains of the Serenghetti tackling gazelles and tearing into them...?

It's been proven that meat from those kinds of animals is hundreds of times tougher than meat from pigs or cows, cooked or not.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

pretty pathetic that you waste your time registering on a fan site of a band you're not even a fan of just to preach to its members. [/b][/quote]
    I call it dedication.

Todd

I call it dedication. [/b][/quote]
    whatever.

It would be like me, a Target employee, driving 100 miles to a town where all they have is a Wal Mart to stand outside the doors at WalMart and tell its customers to drive 100 miles back to where I live to shop at Target because I like it better.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

How many people do you see running around the plains of the Serenghetti tackling gazelles and tearing into them...?

It's been proven that meat from those kinds of animals is hundreds of times tougher than meat from pigs or cows, cooked or not.[/b][/quote]
    The Serengeti you mean? Actually I havent seen any, have you?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Ok, so you want one yourself? Keep up the condescending attitude. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Nate, I just found it funny that X staff member jumped at the oppurtunity to warn someone who happened to have a good opposing argument the second they put their big toe an inch over the line.

The Doctor

The Serengeti you mean? Actually I havent seen any, have you? [/b][/quote]
    Dont be a smartass. Thatll end badly.

Will

Sorry Nate, I just found it funny that X staff member jumped at the oppurtunity to warn someone who happened to have a good opposing argument the second they put their big toe an inch over the line. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah... except flaming gets you warned no matter what. Try it some time.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

whatever.

It would be like me, a Target employee, driving 100 miles to a town where all they have is a Wal Mart to stand outside the doors at WalMart and tell its customers to drive 100 miles back to where I live to shop at Target because I like it better. [/b][/quote]
    Well if you feel strongly enough about it then it shouldnt be an act to do just when it is convienent.

You are going to eat what you are going to eat, fine. Well not really, its not fine. But if you are going to say this and that, which many have done. Then expect people like me to refute your claims. Don't say "Our teeth...meat is good" "Im going to have a steak right now" "Overpopulation of animals" cause all these comments are anything but humorous and strong arguments. I have yet to find one reason not to go vegan, and even if there was I could probably give you 10 more reasons why to stop eating meat.

Todd

Sorry Nate, I just found it funny that X staff member jumped at the oppurtunity to warn someone who happened to have a good opposing argument the second they put their big toe an inch over the line. [/b][/quote]
    I would have warned him if he was on my side. Rules are rules, you break them, you face the consequences.

The Doctor

Well heres a reason. Meat has proteins. Our body needs that. Theres many things (vitamins, minerals, etc) that arent in vegetables and are in meat.

Will

Well if you feel strongly enough about it then it shouldnt be an act to do just when it is convienent.

You are going to eat what you are going to eat, fine. Well not really, its not fine. But if you are going to say this and that, which many have done. Then expect people like me to refute your claims. Don't say "Our teeth...meat is good" "Im going to have a steak right now" "Overpopulation of animals" cause all these comments are anything but humorous and strong arguments. I have yet to find one reason not to go vegan, and even if there was I could probably give you 10 more reasons why to stop eating meat. [/b][/quote]
    Tell me, how many animals have you saved lately? Oh, that's right... none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.