Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

And how do you know thats how they really kill animals? And dont tell me its from PETA because I wouldn't trust any information from them even if it was the answer to a kindergarten math problem

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I could care less about rodents or cows or whatever else is getting killed, but when people say they're a vegetarian to save animals, it's pure hypocrisy. That's what boils my blood. Suddenly some vegetarians think they're better people than us because we eat meat and they choose their vegetarian diet.

Want to save the lives of the rodents? Simple; arrange a group of your animal-hugging friends, go to a nearby farmhouse, and threaten the farmer to either pick his crops by hand or you'll take sledgehammers to his equipment and burn his house down. May sound insane, but it may work. Want to save all these cows killed in slaughterhouses? Go on a fire-bombing campaign. Burn down every slaughterhouse in America. Sure, some cows may die in the fires, but you'll save tons more!

What makes it incredibly dumb is that you think you can change something by just altering your diet. There's absolutely nothing that will change how and why cows are killed. A cow slaughterer isn't going to stop what he's doing because he sees someone eating vegetables and fruits instead of cows. That asinine. Alright, you see that it "can't be stopped". But what's the sense in trying to change the inevitable and unstoppable? That's a waste of time.

It's the same thing with the vast majority of you vegetarians. Fine, don't go eat meat. But don't shove your beliefs down our throats and expect us to suddenly become psychopathic vegetarians like you.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Actually that is standard farming procedure, and if you do not believe in PETA you should check some of thier videos they have produced by going into farms with such standards. I don't see how a video aren't a good source. And lets hope you wouldnt need help for a kindergarten math problem.

Mark

You can either stop being so damn condescending to others or you can leave. Put your point across in a more peaceful way instead of insulting everyone who disagrees with you. That's childish. You can get off your high horse now or go back to wherever you came from.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

I certainly dont hope you think burning down buildings and peoples lives actually help any. Some of us are civilized and have morals. I don't expect my veganism and animal rights advocation to make an immediate change but it will make a change nonetheless, whether it be during my life span or two millenia from now.

I have already brought up the rodent argument more than once.

From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. For example, murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are immoral acts, not matters of choice. Today, our society encourages meat-eating and factory farming, but at one time, society also encouraged slavery, child labor, and many other practices that are now universally recognized as wrong. And if my argument doesnt change any well then so be it, I am at least going to make the effort.

Mark

I certainly hope you think burning down buildings and peoples lives actually help any. Some of us are civilized and have morals. I don't expect my veganism and animal rights advocation to make an immediate change but it will make a change nonetheless, whether it be during my life span or two millenia from now.

I have already brought up the rodent argument more than once.

From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. For example, murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are immoral acts, not matters of choice. Today, our society encourages meat-eating and factory farming, but at one time, society also encouraged slavery, child labor, and many other practices that are now universally recognized as wrong. And if my argument doesnt change any well then so be it, I am at least going to make the effort. [/b][/quote]
    Well, you obviously don't comprehend sarcasm. (And that last sentence wasn't sarcastic, by the way ;)).

Fine, go on wasting your time. See if I care. The only thing wrong with time is that it isn't refundable. Oh well.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I've seen videos of chickens having their heads cut off, I've seen cows being stabbed in the necks, and I still eat burgers and chicken. I had chicken for dinner last night. Why? Because I need to live. If I chose to either die or eat the piece of meat sitting next to me, I'd go with Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest and hope Natural Selection will let me live by eating the great piece of meat in front of me instead of the shrubs growing out of the ground... It's more filling and I get more of what I need to function good.

Just my opinion. I like to live and to it's fullest. I even know how they get to how they are and I still eat it. Call me weird, call me morbid, but oh well, maybe my stomach to seeing the death of animals is stronger than those who turn their cheek to the death of a cycle which will keep us alive. That's what life is all about. You live, you work to survive and then you die. The cycle continues to go and you can never break it unless there is a sudden drought or something to that effect. Can't change my mind, though. Send me all the videos you want of animals dying, I'm still going to go down to my local McDonalds or KFC and have me a good ol' meal to keep me alive. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm not going to lie.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

OK, Paygun, first you lost all credibility and respect from us because of your negative attitude.

Then, your lack of willingness to accept people (and many of them) may think in an other way then you do is simply a lack of logic.

You feel the need to change habits of people wich have been so since many, many years, especially since as we see today there has been no real negative effects (and more than ever cause we're careful with species in danger) and it's hard to understand.

It looks like you registered here just to give us ####, talk to us in a vulgar manner and reject all our opinions like you reject meat.

Mind to get a better attitude?

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

I don't think your argument is going to change the way people eat. Chickens, cows, pigs and ect.. arn't endangered and well, most people have been eating meat all their lives. You can make the effort but I don't think it will change anything anytime soon.

I'm not a Vegetarian.. cheese burgers are way too good. :rolleyes:

don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

It's completely baseless ,people think they think they can preach others to join their bandwagon of turned vegans.
    If someone thinks they're doing their part by not eating meat,they can continue to but then everyone has the right to choose what they want to eat and people love their chicken way to much to listen !! ;)

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

And which one is that? I havent gone to the religious one, way too many pages. Is this the argument that our ancestors used primitive techniques and since this is modern day times and we no longer act like cave men but should still practice the same eating habits? I thought we were more sophisticated. [/b][/quote]
    Just because we got cars, roller blade and bicycles, did we stop walking?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Like Maddox said on his website..

If you're not going to eat 1, i'll eat 3

A person has to live, and you're not going to live that long if you're just going on leaves and strawberry's you know ;) Soooo.. we've been for almost 16 million years primitive. Thats a LONG time you know... and you're the only one that says that. Now thats strange. You're the only one. Not even Einstein said it. Neither did Leonardo Da Vinci. Thats kinda strange. Maybe, because what you're saying, isnt completely right. If we were primitive, we would still be riding a Mercedes with stone wheels, and we have to run in our car just to get 10 mph.

And just for a tease.. I LOVE CHICKEN! Specially their wings. I love how they get chopped off, and they're yummy with some fries. I like cows too you know, and pigs! Yum yum! But you're not going to taste it

Because 'I wanna rescue the animal kingdom!'. Like the animal kingdom has his own country :wth: :lol: Or his own king/queen. It doesnt really matter if you dont eat meat though. The farmer will slaughter the same amount of cows every week/month. Oh well, one cow more for tomorrow huh? :)

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol: My thouhts!

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

And people are bitching at me for being inconsiderate? Everything you people have brought up in the last few posts has been explained and its your own ignorance that is eluding the truth. If you think vegans live off leaves and strawberries well then you make yourself look like an idiot for such an assumption. When you realize that your way of life is wrong you result to bland humor. I have went through several debates to learn such.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, joking like that may have been wrong, but someone who eats meat is wrong? I see you aren't very accepting of the opinions and lifestyles of others.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

MY WAY OF LIFE IS OFF. :lol:

Ouch, falling out of a chair hurts :lol: .

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Ouch, falling out of a chair hurts :lol: .[/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Strangely, everytime I come in this topic, I feel like eating roasted chicken...

@ Paygun: Look, your intentions are ''honorable'' but honestly, I think it's a lost battle. Do you really expect changing something to this world by coming here and insulting us because we're omnivores? Everybody in here has his or her own opinions and we try to respect each other's. It's sure that sometimes, we get a bit carried away by the debate but I think that insulting us because we follow natural instincts or habits is too much coming from you. And I think the purpose of this topic in the first place wasn't to create a huge debate but just knowing what are our opinions on vegetarism (But I could be wrong as I don't read Mark's mind). So just stop it.

Mark

It's obvious some people don't understand the concepts of implied exaggeration and sarcasm. *glares at Paygun* :rolleyes:

You're the most narrow-minded person on Earth. The fact that you're a vegan makes the way we live our lives wrong? Because you choose different things, our morals are wrong? Are you some kind of self-made god? Do you seriously consider yourself to always be right, and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong? You're a misguided, egotistical, condescending, blasphemous jerk. Everything about you screams "hypocrite". If you wish to be torn apart, keep posting here. Your ways of life are not automatically right because all of a sudden the almighty Paygun Poetree choses to be different. Get a damn reality check.

And don't call others idiots. That's a second warning.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

20. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.