Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

:lol:

2. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You go Mark! :lol:

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol: [/b][/quote]
    That's exactly what I thought...

4. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Huh, if vegan don't live of leaves and strawberries, what do they eat? I mean, if I'm not wrong, the concept of being vegan is to only eat vegetables and fruits, right? :unsure:

5. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Check up this word in a dictonairy

Sarcasm

Im 100% full of sarcasm, so when i say you live of strawberry's, im joking

Next word you should check: Joking

And owned, because Mark did that :)

6. EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I'm a Vegetarian, and it's coz of Religion.

I myself don't care whether other people eat meat or not, it doesn't affect me, and the whole cruel to animals thing doesn't bother me much :p

7. Link04

Link04 Ambient

So what religion are you, exactly?

8. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think he's Islam, because they cant eat meat

or cant they eat pigs and cows? :unsure:

9. Link04

Link04 Ambient

^ that may or may not be Judaism, because they're forbidden to eat animals with cloven hooves, which are supposedly representing of the devil. I'm not sure though.

10. don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

I guess he's Hindu or a Jain though I'm not very sure because there are other religions too which shun off meat.

I'm Hindu but I am a vegan by sole choice

11. EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

^ I'm Hindu too. And I don't *have* to be vegetarian either, but it's just mum didn't eat meat, and so neither did I...

12. Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I'm not a vegetarian because I don't think I could go a week without meat. Being raised Catholic and not being able to eat meat on Fridays during Lent is bad enough.

A question: What do vegetarians on Atkins eat?

13. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

im pretty sure vegetarians cant be on the atkins diet since its basically saying eat a whole bunch of meat and no carbs.

14. lpchick97

lpchick97 Well-Known Member

i myself am not a vegetarian but i do respect vegetarians. that article brings up a good point, i gess vegans should think about it. but most vegans are also activists and they are all for saving the enviroment which is cool. so i gess in a way they can help the world.

15. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

can somebody here explain whats the point og being a vegan? i can understand the point of not eating animals. but drinking milk and stuff doesnt harm them. :mellow:

16. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

yeah eating animal is wrong , You can say their already that but when meat doesn't sell anymore their will be less animals killed ^_^ , But by drinking milk you do nothing wrong

17. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

thats exactly what i mean :mellow:

18. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Vegans don't use leather for example, because you need to kill an animal before you can use the leather. They don't drink milk because they think cows need to live their own life and don't need to get locked up on a piece of grass. They don't eat eggs because chickens aren't on this planet to get locked into a cage....etc. They think all animals has to live their own lifes, wich means no cats, no dogs or any other animal as a pet and no use of any animal by humans for anything.

19. withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

I'm a vegetarian, and as soon as i move out of my house i will become a vegan (being vegan now is just TOO inconvinient for my parents) im a vegetarian because A ) the meat is unhealthy, with all the processed stuff that manufacturers put in it B ) I dont want to be a part of the carnivorous stereotype of North Americans C ) the planet is too small for the whole populous to eat meat. (what do cows eat? soy. where does soy grow? the place where the rainforrest used to grow. trees are being cut to grow soy for animals to eat, so that we can eat them... we need that tree oxygen)

and another thing.... you dont need meat.... there are other sources of protein, legumes, soy, nuts, and veggies. and you may ask why i eat soy because of the whole rainforrest thing.... but i get all my food from the local market... and when i say local, i mean across the street. literally. i also have a job there to help out the farmer... and he doesnt use motored technology to help him... hes a menonite.

20. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

oh yeah, i just found this thing i had stashed away in my computer file. i will copy and paste.

1. The Original Human Diet -

Humans were not originally suited to eat meat, they are, in fact, suited to consume plants. There is much evidence to support this including: Human beings have no claws, do not perspire through their toungues, do not have sharp pointed front teeth, have flat molar teeth, have salivary glands used to break down primarily starch, have weak hydrocholoric acid (about 20X weaker than the average carnivore), and have very long intestinal tracts (unlike carnivores). All of these traits do correspond to those of the average herbivore, and do contrast with the average carnivore. In addition to this, human DNA is extremely close to that of the chimpanzee, according to evolution we evolved from a common ancestor. Chimpanzees consume meat VERY rarely, and only if they NEED to.

2. The Healthy Life -

Meat eating causes about 60% of all cancers and heart diseases in the United States of America. Meat is also the primary cause of obesity (which afflicts about 2/3 of the adult American population). Vegetarians, on average, live longer than non-vegetarians.
    Animals are given anti-biotics and drugs so that they can survive diseases and be slaughtered for meat. These anti-biotics and HORMONES are passed into the human system when the meat is consumed. It is hazardous to health. Strains of bacteria also grow resistant to these anti-biotics and then are able to enter the human body unharmed.

3. The Environmental Disaster -

The meat industry ruins the environment. Animal wastes are often dumped into large holes dug in the ground. From there, the wastes seep through into water systems and contaminate water, causing sickness and pollution. The meat industry also contributes to the massive deforestation throughout the world. Rainforests are chopped down to provide grazing land for animals. In turn, many more animals (including ones that we may not have discovered) lose their homes and become extinct or endangered. Also, trees are the main produces of oxygen on the planet, they are necessary for animal and human life. Rangeland is also destroyed for grazing land.

4. The Humanitarian Issue -

The meat industry has placed many traditional farming families out of jobs. Workers on the new farms are often mistreated by the large corporations and underpaid. People have also lost their land and homes due to the meat industry's need for more land each and every day.

5. (and finally...) the MEAT IS MURDER issue -

Though it is an opinion, the "meat is murder" issue should, in fact, be valid in any moral person's mind. The animals which are slaughtered for food are not just slaughtered, they are tortured. For example, hens are kept in cages where they cannot move, their feet grow around the bars of the cages. Baby chicks are suffocated and crushed if they are not needed. Cows are artificially inseminated and injected with hormones. Their udders swell to abnormal sizes so they can produce an unreasonable amount of milk for human consumption. Animals, unlike plants and LIKE US, can feel pain, and therefore we should respect them. Why should we cause unnecessary suffering and harm to innocent creatures? For their taste? If that is the case, then humanity has certainly degraded to an extremely immature and selfish state since the days when we hunted only for survival.

**Wheat is not murder. The animals killed in grain harvests are mostly killed in grain harvested FOR animals which we will slaughter. If we didn't have those animals to begin with, we wouldn't need to harvest that grain. The grain that IS harvested for humans is a VERY small percentage of the overall grain harvested in the world.**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.