Verse and New Chorus Preview of What I've Done!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i would sign up if i had any money.......ahh the joys of being 14

2. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I've been a long time reader (about 4-5 years) of LPA and a member of the LPMB and finally decided to join this board....

I'm absolutely stoked about Minutes to Midnight. The instrumentals (from what we've heard) are what I've wanted from Linkin Park since before Meteora came out and i'm hopeful about the lyrics. The chorus of WID isn't their best work ever but I'm very hopeful about the verses from the little we've heard...

April 2nd and May 15th can't get here fast enough.

3. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Listen to the very beginning of the clip.
    'Cos I'm pretty sure im hearing a bit of a sample from joe :D
    :cloud:

4. Valley Forge

Valley Forge New Member

What up guys, i'm new here, and i noticed that for the most part this is the most sohisticated LP site i can find with actual decent discussion so i am going to start joining in on the fun.

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wrong place to post, check the Newbie Camp.

Oh and you're missing a 'p.'
    ----
    So any ideas for a bridge for WID, anyone?

6. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I dunno there may be no bridge and just have the guitar part we heard at the end of the first clip bleed into the last chorus.

Does anyone think Mike will be featured vocally besides backing on this track?

7. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

You mean RIGHT when you start the song? There is actually a very little bit of the lyrics..when do you think you're hearing Joe?

ehh, who knows, Mike might not even be on this song..

by the way, speaking of Mike, since he started Fort Minor and rapping differently, do u think he'll add that "Fort Minor" into Linkin Park? I hope not..i love FM and LP, but they are 2 different groups..i hope Mike leaves FM out of this.

8. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I sure hope he is. It's not Linkin Park without Mike. If Mike isn't on this, this is fucking like Numb part 2 or something lmao

9. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

This sounds a little harder than Numb. I am surprised of all the clips one hasn't featured him yet.

10. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I doubt Mike will be bringing his is pure Fort Minor style of rapping into this record. Although, I did enjoy how he did talk about more specific things instead of all the vague, cliche ridden verses we got from him through most of Meteora. A nice balance is something similar to his HT and Reanimation work.

I'd love it if Mike rapped on this track, but it's not looking likely at this point--of course I'm basing this off just a bout 1/3 of the song at this point.

It's possible that he won't play a large role vocally. Remember that LP's last two major American singles--Numb and Breaking the Habit-- had very little of Mike lyrically.

11. Harlz

Try listening through headphones. Its very slight, hardly noticeable, but i thought it might interest people who have been wondering about joes input on this track.

And yes, I can tell the difference between a sample and singing :p

12. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

Maybe the song will be something like from the inside?
    where half the verse will be sung by Chester, and after which a short rapping part by Mike?

Well, We have to wait and see!!

13. Li

Li Well-Known Member

Yea, there's something there. It sounds like some laser "pew pew" sound... haha that's a bad description.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  14. Harlz

Yea, I was gonna try and desribe it, but all I could think of was lasers as well :lol:

But hes right, that is what it sounds like.

15. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

When you mention "pew pew" all I can think of is the lasers in Starwars. :p

I can't seem to hear any laser sounds in What I've Done with Headphones, but you can definitely hear the definition and different instruments with Headphones.

16. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

It sounded like a little scratch off the turnatble to me and scratches on turntables sounds like lasers aswell.

I should know.. Broke my friends turntable awhile ago :lol:..he bought a new one though...rich bastard!

17. underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

i kinda hope joe has more input in this album then the previous one.

18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

To be honest, I think that's where Mike's going to come into the song. Then again, there's also the real possibility that Mike took the first verse, Chester got the second verse, and they shared the bridge. Remember, they're trying new things.

Don't rule anything out. Heck, the song might even break down into an old-school hip hop song for the bridge. That'd just be ridiculous. :lol:

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While it may not FEEL like Linkin Park you guys are forgetting that this album is not the old Linkin Park that sold millions of records.

They're trying to cast away the old preconceptions of the band, so I'm sure that certainly means that Mike will not be on every track.

For those who are upset, remember that Mike was barely on the first single for Hybrid Theory, One Step Closer. All he did was shout in the background. He doesn't need to be on EVERY track, and it's confirmed that he'll be rapping on the album anyways so it's no biggie. Just let Chester have his spotlight for once :lol:.

20. TheGlueIsAGenius

TheGlueIsAGenius Member

i heard it. sounds like its fading out maybe? kinda sounds like cop sirens. maybe the video should have the 5-0 pull chester over and he can try and sing his way out of a ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.