Video for the Single

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Agent, Feb 1, 2007.

1. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I dont know who they are trying to be like, but i'm not really liking it. The song come to think of it is there worse single so far, I just find it weak, and repetitive, nothing special. I still have hopes for the album but just not liking the change that much.

2. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i disagree...the single is just ok,melodic,it's got the old lp,and some changes...it's just ok

somwhere i belong-THAT was bad

3. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I prefered Somewhere I Belong though because it was more diverse and catchy. I understand though that they are changing there direction and style but this isn't much change and it's weak.

4. Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

i really don't know how any single can be called BAD coz singles are the songs that are the best off the album. this video is indeed different...fresh. Lp gave the people what they wanted...change. people always complained that LP was always the same stuff, well.. this just proved them wrong. and in the beginning of this thread, the whole idea of starting this video with the end of in the end, and the desert...it's almost LP was here and read what we wanted. they always give us what WE want. if they are a handful of fans who don't like their new style, well they can't change the world for them. Lp knows their fan following. Heck, i bet they are the only band who RESPECT their fan following and do so much for it...
    the video is classy and neat. Lp has always been neat. certain clips really got me. like before the brigde when the cold wind sweeps over the trees, that was beautiful, and the penguin in the oil...that was real eye catching.
    the band members look their best. though rob has never had any great change ever. hahn and phoenix are their meteora self. brad's afro...i can't stop myself from saying that suits him too well, he looks nice. mike's facial hair growth and the rough look, does him well. His goatee needed a little modification and it does him good. the new haircut too... he's not redifining himself to his looks anymore..but to his simplicity and music. like phoenix. the whole jaggered look also adds feel to the video...a feel of need. Chester's aviator glasses, hair and gloves, and the way he works the mike stand.(is this the first video single in which he has a hand mike?)... that's what highlighted his new look. and the band wore all black and tight pants. retro meets nu metal. i sound like a fucking fashion ramp walker reporter...i should stop!!!
    but yeh, the video was neat cut. very neat cut. the length of the song really gets hidden because in the short span we get enough to satisfy us. The whole new lp is actually just the same...just a lot more soulful.. and with suitable makeovers. It's great how the band members look so different from each other...i mean, there's brad with the afro and rob...the plain simple self... any other band are just pulled to the center of looking just like one other... except maybe red hot chilli peppers...but not to LP's extent.
    Conclusion: Though the video does not have mass appeal like LP's usual thing...it'll take time. LP's songs usually take time to sink, till you've heard it twice or thrice and you really can't think of a better song. Reanimation wasn't a very good experience, but after a couple to hearings...it wasn't all that bad either. So yeh, hurray to LP for another fantastic job!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007