Vienna Teng

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Minus, Feb 6, 2009.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I usually don't post new artists on this forum. I can probably think of 2 times I've done so. But this artist has been getting a lot of play with me for a few years, and I figured I'd share this gem.

Vienna Teng is a singer-songwriter based in New York. She has a very nice and chill piano-style... if you liked Holly Brook I'd imagine Vienna Teng would be your cup of tea. She has that folk feel to her music but with killer pop sensibility. Vienna has released 3 albums, with her fourth and latest album to come this April.

You can find her on myspace here.

If you want to go by my recommendation, however, I'd start with her first album, Waking Hour. This is by far her most accessible album and contains many of the songs that made me fall in love with her as an artist. Here's a live performance of two songs from that album, Gravity (albeit a different version from the album) and Unwritten Letter #1. The quality isn't the BEST (it is slightly muffled) but it showcases her abilities as a singer and a pianist.

[youtube]WqoK8z3lNvM[/youtube]

EDIT: I just found a killer live version of the album version of Gravity. For background purposes, the version played in the above video was created because after recording, Vienna realized she couldn't actually play the album version and sing at the same time. This video REALLY shows her skill with a piano. Watch both.

[youtube]uWNdHijbhQ0[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009