Virus Isn't Being Detected on Webroot SpySweeper

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Shrazer235, Jun 21, 2008.

Shrazer235

Shrazer235 Well-Known Member

Guess what? I have a bunch of Trojan type viruses, plus some appearent "network worm", and my Anti-Spyware program doesn't notice it in any of the sweeps it does. I've another anti-spyware program that came with this AT&T Yahoo browser, and it doesn't notice the viruses either.

So, since it's bloody obvious that I've got at least one terrible virus and I don't wanna buy a new anti-spyware program, how the hell do I get rid of them? I've already lost my desktop backround.

Okay, nevermind. I got SOMETHING, but I'm still getting a bubble from something in the tool bar that links me to a page for an Anti Spyware program. I can't tell what program's doing this though.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Um ... post a HijackThis! log and someone around here'll be able to understand it, I'll bet. Otherwise, try some other anti-virus programs, I guess ...

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Scan in safe mode.

Shrazer235

My brother put it in safe mode and started the scan and now it seems to be fine. :D

Aww, fuck, I'm still getting a tool bar bubble.

[​IMG]

Oh, and:

[​IMG]

I can't download any sort of anti spyware.
    The fuck? I can't download ANYTHING. uTorrent still works though, but only for what I've already downloaded and opened in it. :/ I wonder if I could get a torrent downloaded with my PS3, but it wouldn't download the actual application for it earlier.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
    Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Start > Run > 'msconfig' > look for anything odd in the startup tab. Use google.

Make sure you fully remove the offender from the system, as you're just disabling it from starting up with that checkbox.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

That's because the toolbar popup IS spyware. They infect your machine, then pop that up to try to get you to buy their useless software. Windows won't let you download it for whatever reason because of the security settings. Download superantispyware ... that should get rid of it.

http://downloads2.superantispyware.com/downloads/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

Shrazer235

:/ You know, I have NO idea what the fuck was wrong. My dad did a PC Recovery, and now everything's fine.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Someone using the computer probably clicked a bad link with internet explorer. This is why I recommend firefox. Firefox isn't as integrated into windows as IE, so its not as easy to compromise your system through some simple exploits.