.VOB video editor?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by androidkaita, May 29, 2007.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I need help really bad! I have a video project thats due on thurs, and I cant edit the file. In Vegas, it crashes randomly, it wont open in WMM, and I dont even want to attempt to edit it in After Effects. and also every time I try to convert the movie, the audio is out of sync. I need help really bad :(

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

androidkaita

umm. I need like a program to convert or edit the vob, not a program to play it. I can play the VOB file perfectly, except when I convert it, it goes all out of sync.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Oops, thought you meant play. Soorry...

VirtualDubMod?

androidkaita

I used that, and now theres no audio. I saved the audio as a wav and it cant be imported or played. ugh this is so stupid.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

did you try Adobe Primier PRO V2 or Adobe AFter Effect 7 ?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This doesn't always work, depends on the encoding of the .VOB file and what program was used to rip it from the DVD, but sometimes you can simply add .mpg to the filename, and it'll make it readable (change from "filename.vob" to "filename.vob.mpg"). Sometimes when I try to rip audio from a .VOB video my editor won't recognize the file, but if I add .mpg to the extension sometimes it'll recognize it. No idea WHY it works, but it seems to.

JNudda

JNudda Guest

Thats because .vob files are encoded very similarly to mpeg-2 videos, so renaming a .vob file to .mpg often time works. And Im surprised Vegas doesn't work, Ive edited many vob files in Vegas without any problems. Does it crash right when start working, or like 15-20 minutes after you start?

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

I used to do that with youtube videos. I'd download the .flv and simply rename the file to wmv and it'd work. ever since I've gotten a new computer, windows media player can't play it though.

androidkaita

thanks for the help guys, but im going to go refilm it today lol. I get Little Ceasars pizza out of it :D