Vocalists on the forums?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Seinfeld, Jun 22, 2007.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I know we have quite a few vocalists here and I'm pretty interested in what you guys do. I don't care if you sing, rap or simply scream your lungs out. Tell me about your style ^_^

Me, I mix up vocals somewhere inbetween Screaming, growling and melodic singing. (I'm still a kind of Work in progress in terms of vocals though)

dfhddhf

dfhddhf Active Member

I really admire Daryl Palumbo's style (Glassjaw/Head Automatica) and aspire to be able to effortlessly go from singing perfect notes to screaming til it sounds like your lungs should rightfully explode and then back to his normal singing without even breaking into a sweat, it's incredible. I'd say I'm a sub par Palumbo, lol. Trouble with me is I absorb other vocalist's styles and they all clash and ruin the good work I've done in my preferred style :p

I've been told I can nail Corey Taylor's acoustic voice on songs such as circle and bother aswell :)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I like to sing, and normally I can hit some pretty high notes, but the summer with my allergies it makes it a little harder than normal.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I know that problem...sucks when you wanna sing and every couple of breaths you have to cough or blow your nose...

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I guess I'm trying to diversify what I can do, so I've been practicing everything: Head Voice, Falsetto, Rap, Growling (a la real metal) , Medium Screaming (a la Escape the Fate) , High Screaming (a la The Used)... and all the combinations to make a good song. I've been doing Head Voice and Rap my whole life, but I have to work on all the types of screams and growls because I always want to vomit when I do them too much; so basically I have to change my attack so that doesn't happen. Right now I'm basically trying to write more creative stuff, which usually means I must combine many of these vocal elements into what I'm doing.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

i basically rap and do some singing and well i've been practicing the screams and well i have basically the same problems as rather red

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

I have a pretty soft voice. Currently im working on a studio collaboration to bring out some diverse music. My vocals so far have been a mix between high pitch and soft and low pitch with more swing to them. My group has many other things in the works including a blues type track as well as some really heavy screaming/singing stuff. I am still working to improve my voice as I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

My vocal skills are: falsetto a la Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica); rapping a la Mike Shinoda; and an operistic baritone/baritenor voice. I am also learning to growl.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've been told that I sound somewhat like Trey Anastasio. That's about the only comparison I really have.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'm basically a rapper. I produce beats and rap over them. One of the main things that I try to do is to try and add my own touch to my songs so that each of them stand out. Currently I'm working on some random stuffs which I wish to nail down soon. Watch out for that! :p