Wake Me Up When September Ends

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Matt, Apr 15, 2005.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I thought it about it a little while ago. Probably just before American Idiot came out but this totally confirmed it for me. [/b][/quote]
    I noticed it a month after American Idiot came out...when everyone on the street had it and haven't heard of "Dookie" or "Insomniac"

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

I noticed it a month after American Idiot came out...when everyone on the street had it and haven't heard of "Dookie" or "Insomniac" [/b][/quote]
    I have a funny story, I decided to prove how stupid some people are in my school to my friend.So i went up to this random person who had Good Charlotte, Green Day and Yellowcard patches on and asked her what the first Green Day album, :Random girl 'American Idiot'.

*slaps forehead*

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I have a funny story, I decided to prove how stupid some people are in my school to my friend.So i went up to this random person who had Good Charlotte, Green Day and Yellowcard patches on and asked her what the first Green Day album, :Random girl 'American Idiot'.

*slaps forehead* [/b][/quote]
    People are stupid...honestly. Ok, I still listen to Dookie & Insomniac since they we're the 1st 2 albums I ever listened to in my time.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is, we get the best of Green Day, and the posers get the new stuff which isn't as good. AI is a pretty good CD though. I knew when I first heard the CD WMUWSE was going to be a single, why wouldn't it? It IS a good song, but it being overplayed will make it annoying.

But my top Green Day:

1. Dookie

2. Nimrod (Nimrod and Insomniac are pretty much tied)

3. Insomniac

4. American Idiot

5. Warning - Some of the songs on this CD are just stupid annoying``. But the songs that are good (Warning, Waiting, Minority, Macy's Day Parade, Jackass) are great.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

:huh:

They should put out Jesus Of Suburbia & Homecoming into one video...or Give Me Novacaine, She's A Rebel, or Whatshername. The video was good but the song is just meh. [/b][/quote]
    I thought that but vice versa...I still say Whatsername should have been a single. Then again, they aren't releasing anything that has to do with the American Idiot story.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

They sold out to get their opinions voiced,more people notice you when you're big and succesful and they wanted their anti-war protest to be voiced through their songs which is probably why they 'sold out'

Matt

:lol: So these girls are listening to a CD player, and they take out the CD and put in another one. I say to my friend, "5 bucks they're listening to Boulevard of Broken Dreams", and I'm right. So I here one say to change it, and I say "Go to number 14! That song's awesome!" and watch them go through the CD twice looking for number 14. Classic. Yeah.

[/semi offtopic]

And hellflame's right mofos! :whistle:

ScrewOff

ScrewOff Well-Known Member

don't you call Green day "sell-outs".

i agree that its annoying that all these kids think they LOVE GD jsut because they like Boulevard of broken Dreams, but get over it. bitching about it won't make it any better.

jsut because people are going crazy over green day and American idiot doesn't make them sell-outs. American Idiot is an amazing album. green day is still an awesome band. and its fucked up that people are screaming "sell-out" jsut because this band decided to branch out from their musical comfort zone.

cut. some. slack.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I haven't lost any faith in Green Day anyway, but with all due respect...this video sucks. :lol:

Like the concept is alright, but they should've shown more of the band and had less talking, it really drags out the song. Long-form music videos with storylines aren't necessarily a bad thing, but I think the performance sequences in this video were good enough to just be the main part of the video. I'm assuiming they'll cut the intro part out when they air it on American TV, they did it to Holiday too.

ScrewOff

ScrewOff Well-Known Member

i'm talking about the person who said:
    SELL OUTS!!! COMEPLETE FUCKING SELL OUTS!! ( :rolleyes: )

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i'm talking about the person who said:
    SELL OUTS!!! COMEPLETE FUCKING SELL OUTS!! ( :rolleyes: ) [/b][/quote]
    I know, I'm just saying that I still believe in them, unlike some other people.

Luke

4 days and WMUWSE is already being overplayed just like the rest of the Green Day videos. :lol:

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I really wish Jesus Of Suburbia could've been used instead for a vid.. damnit for being so long (even though it's my favorite song of course) they should use it anyway and make the video in like.. three seperate parts and have them be aired on different days. That would be pretty cool, not to mention different as well. ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's only a 9 minute song. MTV2 aired Tool videos that were 6 or 7 minutes long. Tool's Parabol/Parabola is a 10 minute long video.

They could have done JoS as a video/single, but they would have risked it getting the dreaded radio edit, and the video rarely getting airtime.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Sweet ass, i love this song.

Rock Chick SC

Rock Chick SC Member

I think its a really upsetting video because the reality is is that things like this actualy happen :(

Great song no doubt :)

Matt

It's only a 9 minute song. MTV2 aired Tool videos that were 6 or 7 minutes long. Tool's Parabol/Parabola is a 10 minute long video.

They could have done JoS as a video/single, but they would have risked it getting the dreaded radio edit, and the video rarely getting airtime. [/b][/quote]
    It also probably would have stirred up some kind of controversy.

Homecoming would have been better. :p

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You'd think Green Day would revel in some controversy, since they've released two slow songs that 14 year old girls all over America are no doubt crying to while thinking about their ex-boyfriend.

Anyways.

Luke

:lol:

Or doing something else...

:lol:

Matt

True. And 12 year old girls think they relate so much to. At least at my school anyway.