Was Living Things what you expected!?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Smarky, Jun 27, 2012.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

You.. you don't know anything about music do you?... :facepalm:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I give up on humanity.

I bet pretty soon, people are going to start telling me about how tempo is all about your personal opinion...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

After a big let-down called "Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery", my expectations were very low. I was seriously expecting bunch of lazy middle-of-the-road, by-the-numbers radio friendly songs... and when I heard the whole album... IT SLAPPED ME with its awesomeness! Man, I did not see that coming!
    I think that this is a great album, with not a single bad song (BID and LGM aren't bad, they're just ok)... I don't care if the songs are heavy or mellow, it's the quality that matters. and MAGIC! and LT has plenty of magic.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    darklord_V

darklord_V New Member

i did not expect this from LP. ..
    Castle of Glass is awesome:D:p

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I loved A Thousand Suns when I first heard it and still do. LT didn't give me as much of an impact. It's a good album, but overall quite dissapointed. My expectations were too high I think

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

After my first listen I was still unsure what I was thinking of the album. Now after a few listens front to back I have to say that the album is still growing on me! I had high expectations, and I have to say that the album met those very well. I like all the songs, more or less, and I keep picking up things in them.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

After the way the band had been talking in the months leading up to release that ^^ is pretty much what I had prepared myself for. After the initial "oohh, new and shiney" and being pleased with it (in my defense, the first 7 times I heard the album I was drunk) wore off (and it did, real fast), by and large, that's exactly what I think the album ended up being.

Hopefully they'll move forward on the next record and not stick with this radio-aimed formula they had just succefully bucked with ATS. Ahh, all that work undone in such a short time. Pity.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

This is not the album I expected. To be honest, I went into it feeling pretty pessimistic. I now consider this a serious contender for album of the year.

Gorgeous Nightmare

Gorgeous Nightmare Member

Well honestly I didn't know what to expect. But if I did, then yes it was what I expected. I knew they weren't completely going back to their old sound, but they were going to incorporate some of it into the album. So overall I knew it would be more like Minutes to Midnight but with more rapping and electronic.

iPhantom

iPhantom Banned

Well if the album was just Given Up, Bleed It Out, and In Pieces he'd be right! But that's not the case so, :facepalm:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Reverse enema?

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Feels like you wrote this post so I wouldn't have to.

Cept the part about BID being OK (I can live with LGM). LP hopped back into their generic Meteora bag of tricks with bland guitars and synths and bland cliche lyrics. I don't know if I've heard an album with a first single as least representative of the album (actually maybe Eminem's first three albums). BID is LP's worst song since SIB, but SIB fit right in with all the other bland, cliche songs.