Were any members of Linkin Park influenced by the Beatles?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, Dec 15, 2011.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Title

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Mike made mention at the Chicago Summit to how recording at Abbey Road would be cool because of all of the history that was made there.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd be shocked if they weren't Beatles fans, quite frankly. I know Chester's said he specifically had the Beatles in mind when he was doing his vocals on Waiting For the End.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah I certain they all (if not most) are. At least from a songwritting stand point, I think i remember Mike mentioning John & Paul being a huge influence/inspirtation. Plus they all where pretty starstruck when they performed with Macca during the Performance of Numb/Encore/Yesterday at the grammies or whatever it was.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

everybody, even indirectly, is influenced by the Beatles

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Dave has said that Paul McCartney is one of his favorite bass players, Mike has said that A Day In The Life is his favorite Beatles song, and Chester has said that he got into the Beatles during the MTM recording sessions.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

I believe reading Chester was a fan of them and directly influenced him when he was young.

Geki

Geki >.

There's an interview from 2010 where Chester says something along the lines of ''If you asked me when I was 20 years old if I liked The Beatles, I would have told you I fucking hated them. But if you asked me now if I liked The Beatles, I would tell you I love and appreciate them''. I think the band all likes them to some point. They performed a small part 'Yesterday' at the Grammy's in 2006 with Paul McCartney and Jay-Z and I remember Brad, Mike and Chester all saying it was a highlight of their career.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike has also stated before how he found it incredible that the beatles changed their sound, four times over four records (within...hilariously a 4 year period) and he said he'd love if LP could follow a similar path. So yes, most if not *all* of the band is influenced by The Beatles. You can even hear it clearly on WFTE.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I definitely hear their influence on "A Thousand Suns" - particularly in the vocal harmonies on "Roboy Boy" and "Waiting For The End". :)