What do people around you think about LP?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Anthony., Sep 13, 2003.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I was asking myself this question. At school, I was asked "Hey, do you still listen to LP (yeah I'm the guy that listens to LP at school)". So I answer "Yes, more than ever". And there comes the answer "OK... I don't like it that much, Faint is cool but I don't like the other songs".

That's pretty much the reaction I get from people. Here, it seems LP is saw as a thing of the past... Maybe because people just seem to follow the rap trend, and for them everything outside this sucks... But even those who listen to rock-metal don't seem to like it that much.

So the question is in the title, what do people around you think about LP? Also, say were you live, it may be an explanation. (I live in Quebec, Canada).

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Where in Quebec?

I'm the LP guru of my area so people ask me LP stuff all the time

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I live in chicago and i go to Von Steuben HS. Eveyone i know still love linkin park. there are a few c*ck heads who say they suck, but overall everyone likes them. most people i know say they still like the old stuff, Hybrid theory and Reanimation. I noticed everyone is getting into the rap thing... they dont know what there missin... :mellow:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

A lot of my "guy" friends are in to Linkin Park. My "girl" friends are not. They're into pop musicians.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

i hang out with the punk kids who thing everything but the music they like sucks.

Linkin_Park_Diva

Linkin_Park_Diva Active Member

Actually, the pop-punk music does suck, but the bands like A.F.I. are really great!
    As for this topic, some people like me love LP, some others don't and the rest of them are simply indifferent. Just like with any other band out there...But, of course, for us LP is very special! ;)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

"LIEK OH MY GOD!! YOU LIEK, LISTEN TO LINKIN PARK? THEY LIEK HAVE LIEK GUITARS AND STUFF!!! ITS CRAP!!! 50 CENT AND DMX ARE TEH BEST!!!! ROCK MUSIC SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

Damn preps.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Thanks Todd, you perfectly understood what I meant :D .

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I'm the person that is the 'LP Obsesser'. Everytime I mention LP or they hear LP in the background, my friend Taylor says:

"Terry, LP sucks, they're crap, stop talking about them!" or "Terry, don't play that music, it's crap." (well, nearly something like that)

Almost immediately after that, she plays Bow Wow. Just to annoy me. My other friends, they are more open-minded. They like the band, just in general.

Gaabjuh

Gaabjuh Ambient

Well, my best friends like LP, but not as much as me, they like other bands more like: Evanescence and Nightwish...

I don't really know any guys who like LP as much as me... usually if I say something about it, they're just like: LP sucks!! System of a down is much better...

annashinoda

annashinoda Well-Known Member

My bestfriend liked LP but she became sick of them when I became a fanatic :lol: Anyway, my brother likes LP and he said that LP was really good and all but now, they're not that good... he says that now, all they have is "fan loyalty"... :mellow:

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

my parents.. well, lets just say they dont mind LP and they dnt mind me listening to it.. but sometimes my dad can b a bit of a hypocrite when he says they're "angry screaming people with no life.." because he use to be a rock freak!! oh well.. umm.. hehe.. as for my younger siblings they love LP probably cos I love LP.. and as for friends.. most of them like LP.. but not as much as i do!! heh.. im the obsessed one among them all.. hehehe... ^_^

:mike: :chaz: :phoenix: :joe: :brad: :rob: RULES!!!!!!

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

My parents can't stand LP. Then again i do pay it 24/7 :p . There is this one kid that i sit next to in lessons and he is constantly dissing LP. It really sucks!! What do people have against LP?!

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

preps listen to emo. well, here anyway. i hate dashboard confessional.

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

I live in Toronto. And alot of people like Linkin Park.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i got 2 of my friends + my parents into lp, so basically people dont have a problem with me listening to it loud :D

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

My mom likes LP a bit :).

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I only have a few friends that like Linkin Park.

I don't have a lot of friends anyway so I don't have to worry about their opinion of LP. My friend whom I go to school with likes LP a lot (she's obsessed with Rob) but I doubt she's as big a fan as I am. My mom thinks they're okay. She doesn't like the songs with a lot of screaming and shouting but she seems to like Numb :D

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Not many people like them around here. Only a couple of people. Whenever me or my friends talk about them we get yelled at and told how bad they are.