What do YOU want on the next LP album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Apr 19, 2013.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

What are everyones expectations for LP's next album? Which direction would you like them to go? Discuss.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd like for the album AS A WHOLE to be as unpredictable as the last 3 albums have been. That being said, I'm really craving a "quintessential guitar-heavy song" from LP these days. They haven't really done one since Given Up and No More Sorrow.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

My ideal LP sound wold be the soft rock sound of MTM with mentality of ATS. Other directions I would like them to go are a piano rock sound like Keane's Hopes and Fears album, indie/folk like Of Monsters and Men, alternative country like Lady Antebellum, a drum and bass sound like Pendulum's Immersion or a full out LP rap/hiphop album.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

DEM MIKE RAPS

Just any kind of competency, really. ATS and LT, while good, aren't as consistent as you'd expect or want.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Preferably a darker, heavier and much more progressive sound than A Thousand Suns has, but I won't be disappointed as long as it's well written and original.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Soft rock, ambient, electro. Minimal rap.

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to expect from them at this point lol all I know for sure is at first I will be surprised and not know what to think before eventually falling hopelessly in love with it.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I'd like an album with more consistency than the past two, that retains the same style/structure-bending of ATS.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Songs. Lots and lots of songs.

I don't give a fuck what they sound like.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Heavier.

And yes, more consistency than in LT would be good. It would be nice to have a record which have its own personnality and its own vibe, which trully create a sonic landscape when you're listening to it.

Regarding the sound it-self, I'm hoping for something dark, ambient/glitchy (I'd love to hear more Aphex Twin or Dj Shadow influences in LP music), and more hardhitting and agressive than LP 3 latest efforts. Chester's raspy voice back. Some industrial, hip hop, and punk influences.

That's what I want. What I predict: some hip hop/indie/pop orientated record with some hard rock influences at times.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

A few months ago, I used my magical powers to predict that the next Linkin Park album would be a sort of "jam band" type sound. Less electronics, more Black Keys.

BUT. I think now I am seeing things more clearly. I predict the next Linkin Park album will be their take on psychedelic. Trippy electronics. A bit like Tame Impala.

As for what I would want: Dark, sprawling, weird music. Think Massive Attack/NIN, with a hip-hop flavor.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

More Hahn, plz.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'd like them to go heavy with the approach they did on ATS. I want to hear a thunderous track like Blackout with powerful sung verses, badass chorus and no breakdowns (like the one in Blackout itself).

Probably I'm asking for too much, but I think I'd be fine with Linkin Park being themselves BUT cranking it up a bit.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I want something more analog and personal sounding, without the cliche lyrics about how much pain they've gone through and how they've been lied to. Maybe have a story-like song along the lines of Across the Line.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I just want the intelligence and creativity of ATS back. It's otherwise silly to say you want their music to be one thing cause that's the opposite of what the band is supposed to be.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I want to be surprised.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

More crickets please...

No. Seriously, i want them to be more organic and less electronic or should be balance either. An approach that is more diverse than A Thousand Suns. I want them to throw out some cool guitar-oriented songs from Brad & Phi. I think Joe Hahn needs to step up his game, not just making samples, programming. We know that the band has so much potentials but i don't think its from Mike that he's trying to restrict other members and paying attention to his computer-generated seeds.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

A different direction from ATS and LT. Something completely new. In the lines of guitar-driven songs from their recent past like What I've Done, but more complicated and captivating. Less electronics. More rap.

Sempiternal

Sempiternal Keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

Dark ambient

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

More organic and real songs, piano driven and acoustic. Maybe a thunderous heavy electronic song like Blackout but weirder, more guitar solos and gang vocals too