What Do You Want The Next Record To Be Like?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The_Cool_Cow, Oct 30, 2008.

1. XVZ

XVZ Banned

Hmm, but just.. whatever -_-'

I like the Mr. Hahn remix of Good Charlotte's Young & The Hopeless, what if LP grab that style?

2. TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

You should respect others and their opinions if you want to be respected. No one's better than another.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  3. LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

I Would Like To See Them Mix The Styles From MTM & HT/Meteora to be quite honest with you...cause i loved the way that the NEW instrumental sounded...can someone Say Darker Version of A.06??...lol..and as for the Producer...Use Rick again but make it more "Edgier" like more metal with more Hip-Hop Infused Samples...cause that would sound SICK....and to the person that said Fire Rick I think that he did a really amazing job "Re-Inventing" the band to be honest....

4. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Rick is an awful producer. He is WAY too clean for a band like LP. Sure, MTM was rawer then either HT or Meteora, but listen to something as emotional and rough as Pinkerton or Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and it sounds way too produced.

Furthermore, Rick just has bad taste. I'm not sure so much with MTM, but in other albums he's really badly affected the tracklisting (like when he pushed for Pardon Me on Weezer's Make Believe). I really wish that they would release some b-sides for MTM so that we could compare.

5. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I wouldn't say he's a bad producer, I personally enjoy his producing on Slayer and System Of A Down albums.

But really, it's the artist that should be doing most of the producing, and i hope it becomes more that way in the future. It doesn't take that much brain to work protools or similar programs to a professional level, just a lot of messing around.

6. The_Cool_Cow

A producer can be good for a second opinion, though. They can provide some inspiration, and really bring out the best in an artist or song. Rick just wasn't a good fit for LP. I actually think that it would be cool if they let Josh Homme produce them. I think that that grungey, sort of dirty, dense sound could benefit LP immensely. Especially if they are writing darker songs like they've been talking about.

7. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Haha. You're funny.

Considering Rick was involved with classic albums by Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, Slayer, Johnny Cash, so many others, I'm going to say it's probably Linkin Park and Weezer's fault that Linkin Park and Weezer have shitty songs on their albums.

8. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Rick Rubin barely does anything when he produces an album. I forget how much Mike/The rest of the band said he did but I know with other bands, he is almost never around. Corey Taylor was very critical of that because of how much they had to pay him to do nothing.

9. The_Cool_Cow

I think that Rick has just really spread himself too thin. He used to be able to really get into a project. Like, when the Red Hot Chili Peppers produced BloodSugarSexMagic, he spent almost every day with those guys putting in his opinion on the writing, recording, everything. With the new Weezer album, though, he actually just stopped coming to sessions. He needs to just pick one album, and put all of his focus into it.

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That might work. I can't see it happening though, for some reason.

If they work with anyone from outside the band I think it should be either Ross Robinson or Rich Costey.

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think they should work with Trent Reznor.

But then again I think everyone should work with Trent Reznor.

And on the subject of Rick Rubin, I agree with Blackee Dammit, especially with the example of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is funny because Blackee took his name from Anthony Kiedis's dad.

12. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Damn right they should.

13. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

I already am :p

14. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow! Just completed a listen of the remix. Love the added ambiance, and effects. Hahn's still got it. Let the man work more of his magic Mike!

15. Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

I don't think I really like Brad's new U2-y kind of sound. He shouldn't go back to his old sound, but maybe something in between could be nice.

Mike should keep on singing and rapping. I didn't really like HHH, but that was mostly due to the chorus which was pretty lame. No Roads Left was great.

Chester. I don't know about him. When he is doing his "heavy voice" it sounds like he's trying to emulate Layne Staley a bit. When he's being mellow, he sounds like Bono. I'm not sure if he should change anything.

Phoenix is on the right track I guess. So is Rob.

Joe and Mike should start using this.:lol: and some circuit bending stuff so Joe will have more to do than checking his mail, scratching and triggering samples.

Overall. I think LP should bring back some hiphop into their sound and go more punk. Not that shitty pop punk, but PUNK! and I don't even like Given Up
    maybe they should also jam and play the songs together a couple of times. Actually playing the songs together can change ones thoughts on the song. This could make the songs even better.

Linkin Park haven't shown their full potential, because they never really wrote songs as a band till MTM, imo. :whistling

16. The_Cool_Cow

I think that they need to just get more experimental. MTM wasn't experimental, at all. Yeah, they were thinking out of the box in terms of LP, but they weren't breaking any new ground or anything. It was actually more generic than HT and Meteora, which was not good. I want them to just go crazy and experiment. Try different song structures, try orchestras, try doing something acoustic, just try something different. The concept is a step in the right direction, though i'm not sure if they've stuck to that.

Also, when do you guys think that this will be released? I was hoping for around June or July, but apparently they'll be debuting new stuff at that festival, so that probably won't happen.

17. Minus

You do know they did all of this in MTM? Concerning the orchestras, they've been using an orchestra since Meteora.

18. The_Cool_Cow

First off, while they've used orchestras, they've never really done anything orchestral, I think. Nothing really symphonic. Also, TLTGYA was pretty much the only song structure experiment they did. And really, it was the same basic structure. Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Chorus. The bridge is just extended.

19. Minus

Valentine's Day also has a different structure.

I really wouldn't want them to do completely symphonic material unless it was THEM performing it. I wouldn't want to see that song live, unless they could pull a Foo Fighters and actually BRING full orchestras with them on concert for the sake of 1-3 songs.

20. The_Cool_Cow

Oh, I forgot about Valentines Day. I haven't listened to that song for a long time.

Also, LP touring with an orchestra would be awesome. Faint and Breaking The Habit would be intense.