What genres should LP experiment with next album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Dec 28, 2012.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I love when LP move forward and experiment, do more complex stuff and mess with different genres, what do you think they should experiment with next album? I'd like to see some classical elements like piano solos and heavy strings, maybe some space rock and more folk. What would you like them to do? People probably won't like this next opinion but whatever. I want LP to do an entire album that has no screaming. Not one song

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

I like everything you've mentioned here. Definitely more folk.
    I kinda want to see them do a bit more hardcore hip-hop. Like Until it Breaks and Wretches and Kings without the heavy metal choruses.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I want to see them incorporate strings on a song. Not ala Owen Pallet on I'LL BE GONE. To this day I can't discern those strings :facepalm:

I want something like this. Well not LIKE this but you know, in the Linkin Park way, but with this kind of presence. Up front.

(I'm linking the video and not embedding because it goes to the point, just saw it starts from 00:00 when I put it here)

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

Id like something more A Thousand Suns-ish. The poetic lyrics, the soulful compositions. I also liked how not every track had the same composition. I do enjoy Living Things for the most part but I was disappointed. how almost every track had the same arrangement, that just felt so three albums ago. I'd like less LITE, LGD and more Iridescent, The Catalyst, The Messenger, type tracks. But of course, with something fresh. I really do not know what to expect though LOL they just may be the most unpredictable band in history.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Whatever genre Muse is.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

This is what I don't want. After LT's songs with rapping were greatly underwhelming for the most part, I would prefer they stayed away for a little. I would just like to see them experiment more like they did with ATS.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Industrial

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I would love if they dove into some NIN/Muse type stuff. Or even Ministry territory.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree with this ... but I wouldn't want a lot of it on an album :)

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Heavy electronica/industrial with some good hip hop beats stuff.... kind of the RAZORS OUT direction, I'd love LP to make this type of music. With a little punk hook added.

I would also be glad with ATS-style progressive song, as long as it isn't all power ballads again.

Bam!

Bam! One by One

This is weird, but Chillstep!! It's a sub genre of dubstep, it has the same beat and drums but with more classical sounding synths; no "drop", just nice chill sub bass, usually with vocals. I think if they used synth and string elements from MTM and ATS, and threw in some Chillstep with Chester singing his heart out then Mike comes in on the chorus or bridge and sings another "One by one"-like verse! That would be amazing!!

Industrial and some drum n' bass

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, shit, WHAT? :eek:

Geki

Geki >.

Metalcore. Lol.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm down with the Industrial idea.. Songs would be so badass and powerful.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I don't care until it's not dubstep or any sub-genres of dubstep.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Definitely would like dubstep.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Just raw-as-fuck Rock. I really think they've covered most of the basics as far as experimenting goes, and then some. I wouldn't mind hearing a Linkin Park album where the individual band members skills are all brought to the forefront, cause I know they're good but they don't always show it off.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Trip-Hop (a la: Crosses/Team Sleep)

Or Prog-Rock/Metal. (a la: Tool)

Something that warrants a Darker sound and/or Longer songs. If they continue experimenting with Song structures like on ATS and some of LT. But longer songs are a must. The band still seemed to be too keen on making songs no longer than 3-4 mins. (TLTGYA & the Catalyst being the only two recent exceptions). If they want to continue to branch out, that's where they need to start. Even if its just one 8 min track or if all the tracks are about 5, at least that some sign of progress :lol:

And yes, they really need to showcase their musical skills and musicianship like others have said. We know Brad and Phoniex CAN do the complex stuff. We've seen them jam on LPTV. Its no secret these guys aren't talented. They just need to continue to put that on record - only more so.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Agreed with this. I hate it how LT has no songs with even 4 minutes. It's all too short. But I wouldn't like anything longer than TLTGYA, for example.

I mean, ATS had skits longer than Victimized.