What genres should LP experiment with next album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Dec 28, 2012.

Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

So many and different points of view. I wonder what Chester would say about this. :)

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Maybe because after every album recording sessions his live performances always became worse. And that's because of screaming. In 2005, when they started making MTM, it was originally much more harder then what it became and he said in a chat that he screamed so much that he can't talk. IMO not screaming nor rapping is not the part of LP indentity.There's no stuff that is a "part of LP's indentity". They showed it in ATS.
    Anyway, I would like to hear an album without screaming. We will hear an album without screaming soon, if he doesn't want to lose his voice even if he likes screaming and if he wants to scream Given Up 15 years later. And I wouldn't mind if the band go "totally soft" like in Roads Untraveled. An album with full of songs like My December, She Couldn't, RU, IBT or In Pieces would be totally awesome.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, seing your posts, I had understood you're more of a soft LP fan lol. And I'm like the opposite. I would love to hear a record full of Chester screams and experimentation, with tons of hard beats/noises/guitars/agressive layers.

BUT I was simply pointing out that neither of those 2 options will probably ever happen. They like mixing heavy and soft songs. No matter what it sounds like. That's what I mean when I say their "identity". It's about mixing styles. Suppresing their heavy edge/screamings would only make them more uni-dimensional and less special.

And again, Catalyst/ BID/ New Divide/... are harder for him than the screaming. If anything, that's those songs that are damaging his voice. Moreover, the fact that they are still making songs hard for him to sing shows that they doesn't seem to care about putting boundaries to their creativity in order to "protect Chester voice".

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I've always enjoyed Linkin Park's electronic element so it shouldn't simply be just removed from an entire album. It's possible to be simple with electronics. I liked the folk element but I personally would rather have a less focused take of folk. We don't need a folk album part 2.

Personally, I really would like to see an electro-jazz album.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Progressive Industrial/Experimental Electronic Rock with subtle Hip-Hop elements.

Pretty much, I want something that has the same coherence that ATS had but with the energy of Living Things (just, more refined), together with more experiments to improve what has already been established.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I want LP to do a song where the main sound is a powerful bass line. The bass is always hidden in LP songs

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Living Things had quite a bit of bass.

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I honestly respect everyone's opinion here and would even like LP to include some of the elements mentioned here but a whole LP album without Chester screaming will probably sound incomplete, atleast to me..They may do whatever they want but please include alteast one or couple songs with Chester's scream in it..Around the same screaming content like LT

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Though I do love Chester's screams the reason why I don't want him to scream anymore is because I want him to be able to still sing beautifully even 50 years after the start of his career like Paul McCartney and if they keep writing songs with screaming and he keeps screaming songs live I just don't think that that would be possible.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

If you don't scream like an idiot your vocal chords will be fine. Chester knows how to scream.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

LP should go down a more progressive route with hints of electronic influence. I'd love the next album to be on the rawer side. I think their music making process (starting from songwriting to production) is too contrived and it hurts the band from making songs that lack deep emotional core or soul.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

+1

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I disagree.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I wouldn't like a Linkin Park album with no screams, it's like eating cake with no icing to me. (((TO ME)))

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I think the band should stop overwriting certain parts of the song like lyrics. Sometimes the demo likes rock the finalized lyrics. Sometimes not.

The band also keeps talking about having no song structure but the songs obviously have structure. Literally throw out the rule book and just throw in whatever fits. Take Victimized's structure to the next step. Just go cray cray

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Expanding your vocal range does not damage your voice.

Slipping up your technique with screaming does.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The usual pop structures, no less.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah, Lost in the Echo, In my Remains, Burn it Down, and I'll Be Gone are pretty formulaic on the song structure front.
    Thats why songs like Waiting for the end are so good. Radio friendly songs, but with a more artistic twist that usual. That song has alot more dynamics than the first 4 I mentioned, and yet it still maintains LP's style without simply being a retread.

Geki

Geki >.

I just want the next LP album to be the best of what they can do. What I mean is, a perfect balance of everything LP is known for. Kind of like how LT was, in a way. I want the best Mike can offer with his rapping. The best screaming Chester can offer. The best singing Mike and Chester can offer. The best scratching Joe can offer. The best guitar playing that Brad can offer, same goes for Phoenix with his bass playing. Rob is perfect to me, he doesn't need to improve, his drumming is top notch. I want the lyrics to be the absolute best they can be. I want the lyrics to be ballsy again, like they were on MTM with songs like Given Up, Hands Held High, No More Sorrow, In Pieces, The Little Things Give You Away, Across The Line. ATS had some ballsy lyrics, too. LT really didn't for me. I want the band to just make the absolute best they can make, and not worrying about bringing back their old sound or what fans want to hear. As a fan, I don't give a fuck if they listen to me or what any other LP fan wants. Yes, I have an opinion like everyone else, but I want them to do WHAT THEY want. LT sounded forced a bit.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

lol, you just described ATS.