What got you into liking lp?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ayesha kahn, Nov 19, 2004.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you really hate her, you're one sad person.

Do you really think you can marry Chester Bennington? Think again. I cant believe these people exist. You're like.. what? 13? He's idontknowwhatage.

Damn.. you need help. :wth:

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

i first discoverd lp by chance i was listening to staind at a cd store and i clicked to the wrong cd and i first started hearing papercut i listened all the way through till with you and then went home saw the one step closer video and next day i went back and bought it. And from thaty day i have got all the linkin park cds the first day they have come out in Australia (apart from hybrid theory ep)

art_geek

art_geek Well-Known Member

I remember the first time i ever saw "Crawling." My dad and I had come home from Walmart and Wendy's and I had turned on the TV to watch music videos on MTV. It was the summer after sixth grade, going to seventh, and i fell in love w/ the song. But I didn't get the cd until months later.... my mom didn't like the fact i was starting to like rock music. Actually, my cousin had the cd, adn burnt me a copy, but i felt like i wasn't supporting the band so I bought the real album. :)

_diana_

_diana_ Well-Known Member

I listened to LP for the first time on tv, faint video. And I really liked it. And I searched on the net other LP songs, and I listened to Points of Authority and stuff, and now I have all their CD's... they're relly great! :p

linah

linah Member

huh... i was listening to the radio, when i heard crawling, since that moment i started to love LP...

numbfeeling9

numbfeeling9 Afraid of you

I got hooked when I listened to Enth E ND on my friend's computer and from then on...oh my gosh, I've been a psycho. My sister thinks I'm totally whack because I keep bothering her with the music. So I gotta thank my friend for downloading it first because if she didn't, I'd be totally clueless!

Sweet_Misery

Sweet_Misery Member

I started to like LP when 'In the End' came out, i loved the song. My cousin always played the video of it that she had taped. However it wasn't until i heard 'Somewhere i Belong' and 'Faint' that i actually decided to purchase one of their cd's, Meteora. I loved it so much that i had to go and buy the rest of their albums that were out at that time.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

This is kinda a dumb thread because everyone is gonna say, they heard their music somehow or another! :p Me personally, I saw one step closer's video, loved ninja's doing flips, loved Green and Red hair, and loved an awesome rock song, DL'd HT from napster and now I own an mp3 format of every single linkin park song ever done, including every song with lyrics on this site, plus the LPU songs and everything. I knew about the Wish cover over a year ago for example. I even Use SoundForge for songs like State of the Art that are streamed. I'm looking for a website that wants every linkin park song, so i can share my music. And i support the band by buying every cd anyway for dvd's or bonus content, plus i hit every concert in my area.

EngiShinnizle

EngiShinnizle Active Member

their music make me excited!!!
    :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Heard OSC on the radio...got Hybrid Theory for Christmas...changed my life, end story :lol:

astray

astray Active Member

I'd heard a few of their songs on kerrang and quite liked their videos and I picked up Hybrid theory because I liked "In The End". Good job really, because if I'd have picked up meteora first (for "Breaking The Habit"), then i probably wouldnt have pursued LP as long as i have.

shwadizzle

shwadizzle Member

lol back in september 2000 when i heard OSC on the radio, bought the album the day it came out. At first I didn't like it, believe it or not, since OSC isn't really a good representation of LP's music. About 2 weeks later though I came around, and have been hooked ever since!

Addicted2LP

Addicted2LP Banned

I heard their lyrics and their awesome instruments and I have been going crazy over them ever since.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

whenever hybrid theory came out... thats so long ago!... my cousin was borrowing it from a friend and i was at his house, so he popped the disc in and i thought... SWEET!

Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

Saw One Step Closer video on TV and then Heard it on the radio and it became stuck in my head for a week. So I went out and bought Hybrid Theory. Been hooked ever since.

Addicted2LP

Addicted2LP Banned

I first started liking LP when I heard the amazing lyrics and sweet instruments. Ever since LP has rocked my world!!!!!!!! :lol:

Addicted2LP

Addicted2LP Banned

I have 2 replies because I thought my first one didn't work...I'm not crazy!!! Lol! :blush:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Just edit the post. Dont double post.

Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I saw the OSC video when i was bout 8 and didnt think much of it. Then I saw the In the end vid and liked it. I bought meteora after hearing numb (and sib and faint). I then surfed the net for info on linkin park. I neva knew about hybrid theory being so successful. I then bought HT. I came across LPA and came back regularly to check out the news. then I joined ^_^.

Samantha*

Samantha* Member

When One Step Closer first came out I thought they were cool, then I lost interest in them. Then like a month ago my friend got me into them.
    And then last night, the LP concert in Texas was on TV so I watched it and I became a bigger fan.