What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's getting a littler worse ratings than Raimi's Spider-Man. If I don't like this movie more I'm going to be really disappointed. At least The Dark Knight Rises is coming soon.

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I haven't read many reviews, but from what I have seen, it seems like some people want to criticize it for following too similar a plot to Raimi's version. Which I think is kind of silly. This movie shouldn't be judged based on someone else's movie, it sucks to have a completely different film being hung over its head like that.

But I'm sure there are other reasons people give for not liking it as well.

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Saw Ted tonight. Pleasant surprise. Over the years my interest in Family Guy had waned: I felt like I had grown out of that type of humour. Luckily it wasn't Family Guy Featuring Mark Wahlberg & A Teddy-Bear. Way funnier than I expected! Also more dramatic than I expected. Definitely recommended.

4. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The Five-Year Engagement - 6.5/10
    Pretty funny movie with Jason Segal and Emily Blunt in fine form. Alison Brie was adorable in this movie and the Elmo/Cookie Monster scene was hilarious. The movie did feel pretty long though.

Jack Frost - 10/10
    Another one with the LPA gang, fucking hilarious. :carrot:

Gonna watch The Amazing Spider-man and Ted soon.

5. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Godzilla (1998) - 5/10. Watched it mainly for the memories of watching it when I was younger.

6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'm really really late answering this... I had high expectations from Contagion. It drags you into the story, and then - BAM - the film's over. Left me disappointed.

7. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Prometheus. 7/10

If you like a lot of sci fi and special effects, is excellent. Otherwise you will find a shit.

8. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The Amazing Spider-Man (8/10)

I loved this movie, the web slinging was so fucking cool and was pretty a damn good use of 3D(fuckin finally). Andrew Garfield is a way better Peter Parker / Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire. Emma Stone was awesome as always as well, so damn fine. Overall I thought it was better than Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man.

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Tron Legacy- 9.5/10
    Priest- 3/10

10. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The weather man 7.5/10: Nicholas Cage before he sucked. It was funny in kind of a really awkward way.

11. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ted 9/10: go see this movie. It's hilarious. Worth the theater price.

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Hesher - 8/10. Funny, sad, strangely heartwarming. Starring - Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Natalie Portman

The Grey - 8/10. Bleak, thought provoking. Not the action/adventure it was advertised as. Starring Liam "Fuck it... I'll do it myself" Neeson.

Prometheus - 6.5/10. Mixed bag. Great ideas that weren't executed all that well. Great cinematography.

Snow White & the Huntsman - 6.5/10. Again, looked great, good ideas. Decently executed.

JCVD - 7/10. Not-an-action movie starring Jean Claude Van Damme who turns in a surprisingly good performance.

Saving Private Ryan - 9/10. Haven't seen this in yeeeeaaaars. Really great.

Gran Torino - 7.5/10. Get off my lawn :angry:.

14. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The Amazing Spider-Man - 9/10. Funny, sad, great acting, solid story, great villain. It was, as the title says, amazing!

15. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

From Paris with love 8/10: it was pretty cool. John Travolta is a little. . . Idk, awkward.

16. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The Woman In Black - 7,5/10: It's a good scary movie, jump scares are present but I didn't feel a certain threat.

Spoilers I guess: * Okay the house was haunted and it was scary as hell but the main character's life wasn't really at stake. The only ones that were dying, were the kids in town. The reasoning behind the ghost killing off children was strange but understandable, pretty weird actually but it works.*

Overall, I think they could've done a better job if they made the haunting more of a threat. Daniel Ratcliffe's acting is pretty good though. You can really feel his fear.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  17. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Aeon Flux 8/10: I don't understand all the bad reviews. I thought it was really cool and badass.

Kung fu dunk :wtf:/10: probably the greatest kung fu/streetball movie ever made.

18. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Aeon Flux the live action adaptation failed to fully capture the essence of what made the original story and aesthetics so intriguing.

As for Kung fu Dunk.... wait til you get a load of Shaolin Soccer, assuming you haven't seen that one yet.

19. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I never did watch the original cartoon but I think anyone who watches the original is kind of bound to be disappointed by the remake. But that doesn't really apply to me I guess. And I'm making it my mission to find Shaolin Soccer. If its anything like kung fu dunk then it must be :awesome:

20. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - 5/10

Believe it or not, this was the first Star Wars film I'd ever seen start to finish. I gotta say, if the other movies are like this, then Star Wars must be one of the most overrated movie series of all time (as well as one of the most ambitious). Cheesy dialogue and some fairly subpar acting, the characters were very bland for the most part, except for Anakin Skywalker who was the highlight of the movie.

The Matrix - 8/10

Yep, I hadn't seen this either. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how good this movie was. It's a lot like Fight Club in that it's really a philosophical movie, with messages hidden (sometimes very thinly veiled) within metaphors. I'm always a sucker for films like that. I feel bad for the people who like this movie simply for the slow motion action sequences. Definitely a cool part of the movie, but if that's all you get out of The Matrix, you've completely missed the point.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.