What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Deadgirl - 3 out of 5
    This is some sick, sick shit, but it does have an "interesting" twist on the underdog saving the damsel plotline.

2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I thought Deadgirl was one of the worst movies I've seen. I'm a sick human being and had no problem with the premise. The characters were just so unrealistic that I had to facepalm every few minutes. The acting was awful and I'm really lenient or don't care too much when it comes to that. It started out with a cool idea and got worse and worse every minute until the end. The only thing I took away from it is that through their unrestrained lust and sick-minded mentality, these guys started the zombie apocalypse.

3. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

If I had compared it to some of my best rated films, I would completely agree, but it was just so sickeningly gross, and I particularly liked how JT went from just being an asshole friend to completely psychotic - I love seeing characters going through big dynamic changes, be it for the better or worse. Ricky was absolutely pathetic, however, and it's only because he and JT went head-to-head that the "lead" area was decent to me. The first half felt thought-out, but the second half was absolutely laughable, for sure.

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This Is The End (2013) - 3.5/5 - I liked it quite a bit but I think a more intimate setting of the short film (Jay and Seth VS The Apocalypse) would've been better for the 2013 film. You know, just them hanging out and throwing funny lines at each other.

5. travz21

This Is The End - 5.5/10

Such a disappointment. The potential was huge and they barely did anything with it. It started out great, and then when the apocalypse started 15 minutes in it pretty much wasn't even worth watching anymore. There were a few really funny moments, but otherwise it was really bad. It seemed like it would have been much better if we just had a whole movie of them playing themselves at that party in the beginning. That was the best part of the movie. Rihanna was hot. Emma Watson was fine. Michael Cera was hilarious. He was getting pleasured from both sides WHILE drinking a Capri Sun! Dude has the life.

[thumb]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5030/3jxz.jpg[/thumb]

6. Agent

^ I think I rated it too high. Kind of agree with what you're saying now. I laughed out loud like 3 or 4 times at max. Rest of the time I found myself either just smiling or chuckling a bit. Given the cast and writing team, that's a bad thing.

7. travz21

These guys are so funny and the funny parts were really funny, but it's like they didn't even try for the other 90 minutes of the movie. It was like a stoner Harold and Kumar dumb bro-love comedy with about 25% of the funny. I could rewatch those movies all day, but this thing was straining me.

8. Agent

[​IMG]

Heat (1995) - 4/5 - Man what a great film! It was long as hell (10 min short of being 3 hrs) but by the end it was worth it. There were a few moments in the first half that I thought kind of felt dull but overall it was one hell of a film! Probably the last great Pacino and Deniro roles/film.

9. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I thought this is the end was fucking hilarious.

10. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

This Is The End- 3/5 (+1 for stoned Michael Cera)
    Wasted potential.

11. Agent

[​IMG]

Cape Fear (1991) - 2/5 - DeNiro played a great over the top psychopath villain. But overall it felt like a B grade movie with some cool camera work and a somewhat decent cast.

12. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

STOKER: 8/10

The cinematography was just perfect. The story was depressing as f**k. Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode both played a very sensual role. Looking at them together is like eating in a very slow manner of a deeply rich caramelize Leche Flan. :lol: That's weird but above all, it's just a depressing story.

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
    : <3

I cried at the end of movie.

13. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Heat 8/10

A fantastic piece. DeNiro and Pacino thrive in this cops vs. robbers epic. This was the film I had hoped Righteous Kill would be.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. Agent

^ I watched it just the other day. Great film. And you're right about Righteous Kill... what a waste that was.

15. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Goodfellas - 10/10

16. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Mystic_River_poster.jpg
    Mystic River: 9/10

"We bury our sins here, Dave. We wash them clean."

Superb acting and the "Who did it?" vibe really holds your attention throughout the film.

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This Is The End, B-.

18. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Slumdog Millionaire" - 4/5

I really enjoyed this movie. It had great directing and camera work as well as great story telling.

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

District 9 (2009) – I don't really know what to say. It's very unique, and a pretty good film overall, but it didn't blow my mind, like, say, Cloverfield did. 7.5/10

20. Agent

[thumb]http://elliejones.blog.com/files/2013/04/now-you-see-me-poster02-657x1024.jpg[/thumb]

Now You See Me (2013) - 1/5 - What a terrible pile of crap. A dull and hollow attempt at making a clever/intelligent film that thinks it can fool the audience. This movie was ridiculous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.