What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

2. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

How dare you. Mermaid in a Manhole is the greatest movie ever made.

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This is a trailer for the movie Birdman. It isn't out yet, but I thought I should post it just in case anyone hadn't seen it yet.

[video=youtube;xIxMMv_LD5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIxMMv_LD5Q[/video]

4. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Underworld: Awakening - 4/10

Garbage. Though, it was an amusing watch to see that they used a University near my city for filming.

5. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Stand By Me (1986) - 5/5

One of the best coming of age stories I've ever seen. Simply beautiful.

6. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I've been on a Stephen King adaptation kick myself. I saw The Shining and 1408 on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then Shawshank Redemption today. Awesome flicks.

7. Agent

Watch Stand By Me next if you haven't already :)

8. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Other Guys - 8/10

Funniest buddy-cop comedy I've seen since 22 Jump Street.

Oh, that reminds me...

22 Jump Street - 8/10

9. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Oh for sure. I've caught many different scenes from it in the past, but I haven't seen it beginning to end yet.

10. Agent

[​IMG]

Noah (2014) - 3/5

Has some amazing visuals but story-wise it was lacking. I wish they'd explored Noah's inner conflict better. Also, some casting choices e.g. Emma Watson and the two dudes playing Noah's kids were wrong.

11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Transformers 4: Age Of Extinction

[​IMG]

7.75/10

To be honest, after seeing some of the reviews for this movie, I was pretty skeptical about this movie. But I was actually really surprised. I really enjoyed this movie. The comedy (for the most part) was pretty funny, action was fucking amazing, Marky Mark did great, and I actually got invested in the characters. Though there were a good amount of parts in the movie that held it back, it wasn't held back too far. I'm just left to wonder what Michael Bay will do with the next movie.

I do have one thing I have to point out. There is this scene where Lockdown is dropping down from his ship. And while he is doing that he decides to shoot (in slow motion) the bridge between two buildings causes them to light on fire. So as Lockdown is falling down he is crashing on top of the burning bridge, engulfing himself in flames. Complete unnecessary Michael Bay action. That is my one nitpick for this movie. (not really I actually have a lot more)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  12. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Chef - 8/10 - Funny and heartfelt. It's nice seeing Jon Favreau return to his roots. The food cooked in the movie made me hungry.

13. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

X-Men: Days of the Future Past - 4/5

Enjoyed it. Enjoyed it a lot.

14. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) - 4.5/5

As a big fan of the books, I can with out a doubt say that this was a MASSIVE improvement over the first movie. This movie resolved nearly every problem I had with the first movie, one of which was the damn shaky cam! The one problem I have with this movie is the ending. Though I've read the book, so I can fill out the gaps, had I not read the book, the movie would have left me with some unanswered questions. Other than that, great film.

Joe (2014) - 3.5/5

Never thought I would be saying this ever again, but god damn, Nicholas Cage was fantastic in this movie! This is by far his best performance in years. Performances all around were fantastic, and it was a very engaging film. However, despite the performances, the story just lacked something to make it truly powerful. I guess I just don't really see what the point of the movie was, plus, I really don't understand what the opening scene's purpose is, nor do I understand where in the timeline of the movie it falls, it's a bit confusing. A definite recommendation though.

15. Agent

[​IMG]

The Graduate (1967) - 5/5

16. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Wolverine 3.5/5

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The Intouchables : 5/5

220px-The_Intouchables.jpg
    Just wow. I never saw such a beatiful movie. It has it all. Funny moments, sad moments, dramatic. ANd its based on a real story which make it more natural.
    I never saw such a heart-touching movie :cry: . One of the best films i saw until yet. :worship:

18. Filip

^I cry like a baby every time.

19. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Under the Skin - 0.5 out of 5

That was the most BS artsy film I have ever had the misfortune of watching. An alien that goes from complete disregard for humanity to suddenly understanding the concept of rape and panic, only to peel away the skin (literally) and realize...what, exactly? All that is only seen if you can sit through SEVERAL unnecessarily lengthy shots of scenery accompanied by a score composed by someone whose credited instruments include a vacuum cleaner. Bravo to the spark that is Adam Pearson demonstrating how someone with major disfigurements, shunned by society, may find the attention of someone who finds something attractive about them. Otherwise though, this movie straight up put me to sleep.

In all honesty, I gave it 0.5 because Flixster wouldn't let me give it a 0. FUCK. I'm so fucking mad at myself for sitting through it thinking it'd get better.

20. Filip

Brazil vs. Germany 1:7 - 5/5

Ummm, well the scenario was unrealistic as fuck, but the acting makes up for it, it was a ton of fun to watch. The audience acted really well while crying like babies. All in all, great movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.