What was wrong with Meteora?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Agent, Sep 14, 2006.

Jubble

Jubble Member

It's just songs. Every band has their bad days and good days. Some people may think Meteora was better than Hybrid Theory, some may not- everyone's different. Doesn't necessarily mean anything was "wrong" with Meteora.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I don't seem to find anything wrong with Meteora. To me it sent powerful straightforward waves of guitar riffs and heavy sounds, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it might be less powerful than Hybrid Theory compare to the lyrics, but it still seems so powerful to me. Just imagining at the actual Meteora pictures from Greece and listening to a song like Somewhere I Belong in the beginning sounds like it takes you to a different world and defies the power of gravity as quote from the band.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

dude,you don't have to study music to notice that :) no offence to her at all...

the problem with meteora was that it was a rehash of ht...nothing new,nothing inovative,nothing that would push the band further

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

nothing.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Exactly! I dunno whom to blame, the band or Warner, but it seems that LP had creative limitations/restrictions with Meteora. It's just my thought. @ Metamorphosis: I agree with you on HT's lyrics being better ;)

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

agreed. i understand where people are coming from, but personally, i feel that meteora was a good follow-up to HT.

Big Boy 3000

Big Boy 3000 Well-Known Member

Now, including all the sales few years ago, the total sales of HT is about 24 Million World Wide!!!

I think you forgot "Ambient" the best instumental for ME. It was on the HT EP hidden track of Part of Me. So anyway, I think this is the best instumental LP has (idk if they were called LP back then) and i think its the longest one they have about 2:45. (Correct Me If I'm Wrong)

lpxqwerty33

lpxqwerty33 Well-Known Member

nothing is wrong with it, its a beautiful cinematic piece

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

Meteora isn't bad. It just sounds too much like HT.

Mel

Mel Well-Known Member

Nada, but I expected it to be more like HT in lyrically wise.

Ada the Mental

Ada the Mental Member

The only thing wrong with Meteors, for me,is Nobody's Listening (I can only stand the chorus) and the fact that it's way too short.In fact the songs are so short I ended up listening to them many times in a row,and therefore the album go overplayed.

HT might be a better album on the whole,it sounds better than Meteora does,but the individual songs I personally love from Meteora(Breaking the habit,From the Inside,Somewhere I belong,Easier to Run and Numb) make it up for me.In Meteora,though,there are songs I don't care that much about.I don't dislike any of it's songs(apart from Nobody's Listening) but I don't love them all.

As far as sounding the same as HT...I think it has the same formula but it sounds much different.It never bothered me much because I bought Meteora first,loved it and then went back and got HT.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
    Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

LP didnt flop with Meteora because it sounded like HT. Artists that change it up with their second cd have the sophomore slump.

Dylan

Dylan Well-Known Member

Nothing is ugly about or in the album.

Zerstöööören

Zerstöööören Banned

Nothing was wrong with Meteora.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Nothing is wrong with Meteora...

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

The only thing not wrong was Figure.09

Ark

Ark Active Member

I liked Meteora just fine, but I think the fact that a lot of the songs sound similar at a first listen made it harder for them to get more new fans :\

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the only thing that was ugly on Meteora was Hit The Floor and BTH took a lot of listening to, to start liking it. But it was balanced out with Easier to Run, Figure.09, Numb especially (no matter how cliche that song is) and more.

I think what makes a good song is that when you listen to it once or twice, you start liking something about it immediately. HT had that with all (or most of) their songs. Meteora, took some listening to, to start liking it. At least in my case.

thefaceinside

thefaceinside Member

I love Meteora and Hybrid Theory just the same...Meteora maintains the Linkin Park sound, but the songs are a little more melodic, and some of them are more emotional, which is fine, sometimes you need to hear that stuff...but there is still rapping and screaming, and i do like the lyrics. both albums are amazing in their own way. it just depends on your mood.

Now minutes to midnight is a different story. so far, after hearing about the album and hearing what I've done it seems like they're changing their sound too much and THAT's what i don't like. Meteora didn't do that.

darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

Meteora was more diverse in scale and sound. But it wasn't as in your face if that's what you liked about Hybrid Theory and two of the songs sound kinda similar. Don't Stay and figure.09. To me Meteora was a better album because i like the range of different songs. What you guys think?