What was your game of the year for 2015?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Delicious Dave, Dec 3, 2015.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I've played nearly all of the big game releases this year and my favourite is by far Bloodborne. That game is a masterpiece in my eyes. The graphics, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the art style, the lore, it's all brilliant. I love that a game like that can be released in 2015 and still be successful and popular.

My other favourite games would be Metal Gear Solid V, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4(even though it didn't live up to the hype for me).

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The only game I played that came out this year was Halo 5 and that doesn't even make my top-five.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Bloodborne by far for this year. I don't think anything came close to the amount of fun I have had with that game.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

At the moment I'm stuck between Bloodborne and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
    Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out in a couple of days though.

Rocket League is the bomb, by the way.

Delicious Dave

I think it's the best game on current gen so far, not just this year. I'm playing the DLC now and it's amazing, and infuriating.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I think for me its the only game this year that has lived up to its hyped and kept up so well. Really makes you work for the game.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I just got a new graphic card, so I will hopefully have time to play some of the newer games this year(But I also just got a girlfriend so... We'll see how that will turn out)
    So far I have really loved Fallout 4 but I am yet to play MGSV and W3:TWH which I am really eager to try out as well.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Definitely Halo 5. Though I have yet to play Fallout 4, I doubt I'll like it better than Halo 5.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Honestly, don't think I have one lol

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is still my favorite new gen game... I have yet to play MGSV

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Mine's between Halo 5 and Fallout 4. Haven't played Witcher 3 yet, but wasn't a fan of the second one, so don't know how much I'd like that one.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Metal Gear Solid V

Captain-EO likes this.
    Delicious Dave

Didn't know you played Bloodborne, I should have known :alf:

Anyway, gotta mention something about The Witcher 3. It has two of the best quests I've ever played in a game, ''Ladies of The Wood'' and ''Bloody Baron''. Absolutely incredible.

And speaking of Bloodborne, the DLC's first boss the hardest boss I've ever fought.

@Decay is your GOTY not the Battlefront Beta? :kappa:

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

If anyone plays MGSV on PS4, you may add me. My name is VilaysackColors. I can protect your FOB if you need help

Captain-EO likes this.
    freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max game is also good too.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Halo 5.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I only played two games that came out this year, Evolve and Arkham Knight. Soooooo... Arkham Knight?

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

As far as GOTY for 2015 goes, I haven't played too many games that have actually released this year. I have played Fallout 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront, though neither game can really be my GOTY. I have not played enough of Fallout 4 (main quests, side quests, miscellaneous, etc.) to already deem it GOTY and have been fairly disappointed with several aspects of Battlefront (like many others), which I may discuss at another time.

That leaves only one other game that came out in May this year, and it's not really a full game. It's Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, a standalone prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order, but not a full game like W: TNO. TOB is probably one of the best shooters I have played recently, blending modern mechanics with old-school shooting that features frantic, arcade-like pacing. The story and narrative is quite gripping and made me want to see the game through to the end. There are a lot of collectibles to find, though they just mostly result in either getting trophies (on PS4) or uncovering more of the game's lore/backstory. The graphics are really good IMO albeit being semi-cartoonish, though the aesthetic really fits the game's tone and atmosphere.

I was definitely thrilled to finally get the chance to play TOB, as I missed out on it initially when I did not have either of the current gen consoles or a powerful enough PC. It was well worth the $6.60 I paid on the PS Store, thanks to a Flash Sale that was held shortly after Black Friday. The game is typically around $20 though, so I really lucked out. All in all, I would consider The Old Blood to be a strong possibility for GOTY 2015, though I don't have a definite choice for any 2015 game.

The short version: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a very good arcade shooter that absolutely excels in what FPS' are meant to be all about: shooting. It's a standalone title, so you do not need The New Order to play it, though I highly recommend TNO, as this game has a lot of the same elements as TOB. The story is told quite well and the characters all have their own distinct personalities. Finally, one of the coolest/most badass moments in the game: having the option to dual wield automatic shotguns. What modern, "realistic" shooters let you get away with that?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Metal Gear Solid 5 I'd say. Another excellent entry in the series