What Would You Like To See On The Next Version of LPA?

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Derek, Feb 11, 2013.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hello LPA Members!

With 2013 well underway, we here at LPA will soon begin work on what we deem to be version 5 of The Linkin Park Association. Because of this we would like to solicit your input, and ask what you the fans would like to see on a future version of LPA. All suggestions will evaluated and considered so don't be afraid to speak up. We want your input!

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

I love the current theme, and it still feels modern and sleek. So, I would say stick to what you know is good, and just improve what you have already. Apart from that comment, I can't think of anything at the moment.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I would love for a buy / sell / trade section of the forum for people wanting to buy or sell their LP merch :)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

REE FOR ADMIN

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Hmm, making styles for every LP album. I mean we have an ATS style skin, make one for every album. From HT to LT. And maybe for HTEP and for the HT-era with the old HT logo.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Would it be possible to do a notification, kind of how facebook does it, where it will let you know if someone has replied in a thread that you posted in or if someone quoted a post that you made. I know there is notifications and subscriptions now, but they seem kind of like a hassle to use.

Giorgos [Blind View]

Giorgos [Blind View] blah

A new tab about Monthly Mix Up contests of every month including every single entry, with a download button and also mentioning the winners and the runner-ups, would be nice. It would also be really cool, if you made a list with all B-sides and other stuff that a hardcore fan would like to know (for example the Shadow Of The Day different mix in Studio Collection) and a quick description about them (for example the differences between the Points Of Authority demos).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

We are actually looking into both of these! Do you have any further details about your ideas that you would like to add?

Giorgos [Blind View]

Giorgos [Blind View] blah

I imagine the MMU tab as a huge list of all the entries, where you can navigate choosing the specific month or theme. I think that would be helpful for the ones who just want to listen to the tracks w/o the need to search in endless posts. Every track could have a mini tab, for comments and rating from the people who have listened to it. That rating would have nothing to do with who wins the contest, just a honest opinion helping the competitors know if they are doing well or not and for showing them that their entry wasn't ignored. I don't think winning is the main point of a rating, just a honest opinion about how the track sounds to people (I personally would love to have a rating in my entry just to know if it sucks or not).

My other idea, the b-sides etc list, could contain every single track other than the ones in albums, for example demos, different mixes etc, but also official photoshoots and art from the band (if this is legal), such as the ATS art or the unique concert posters. I know there are a few fansites out there that have exclusives, but this list would be nice to contain ALL the rare stuff that has surfaced on the internet (this doesn't necessarilly mean a download option for each of them, just a reference would be ok).

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

A re-organisation of the Album covers in the gallery with my help :D

Zane

The fact that I just found out that we have tabs of all the guitar parts right on LPA shows that we really don't promote things very well on this site. Another thing to fix for the next rendition

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Compared to some of the best on the web, there is still a lot the website could improve on in terms of the theme.

I'd love to see a really responsive theme, modern and sleek too.

Derek

Please elaborate if you could. We can't improve our theme/design without knowing what things you feel we lack, so don't be afraid to let us know.

Also, we've started making some awesome changes to the existing site behind the scenes based on the input in this thread. Keep the ideas coming!

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

I agree!

A new light skin. I have a serious distaste towards dark skins with the odd exception. I am forever switching LPA Fourskin.

Zane

Any colors that you'd like? And anything else?

Derek

You'll be happy to know we're seriously debating going lighter for the next LPA, so as Zane suggested...give us some color ideas and we'll think about it.

As for the "skin for every album" idea, I'm sorry but I'm not really sure if that's going to be a reality. As much as I am totally on board for that, LPA as it stands uses a lot of special coding/CSS/etc behind the scenes to enable some of the functionality you all see on the front page. Even a simple re-coloring takes 1-2 months because of all the images etc that need to be replaced. Doing five different skins (or 6 if we do Reanimation) would not only take forever, but it would take extra coding to allow the live switching of designs. Yes I know another fansite does it, but the design on there also doesn't have as many images as LPA's does (not faulting them for that).

Perhaps we eventually could consider doing forum skins for the albums though. Always a possibility down the line :).

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Purple, gold, orange and pink themes, please.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'll have a hunt in order to be able to provide meaningful feedback.

1. Consistency. If I go on the homepage, the forums, the gallery and the tour page, I am getting different widths and positions for different things.
    2. Gallery. It's like a table with images in each box and can be a little difficult to navigate. Break it down and build it back up again utilizing things such as jQuery.

They're two pretty much off the top of my head.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I lol'd. :lol:

Everyone seems to be caught up on visual aesthetics but I'd like to see a generally stronger emphasis on community and content. I'd like to see more podcasts and activities other than just the Monthly Mix-Ups that get the community's blood pumping. A focus on getting the community more involved would be nice. :)