What You'd Like to Hear in the New Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Matt, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Well, I'm pretty sure a lot of us got bored with Linkin Park's sound about halfway into the Meteora era, but now that they've rid themselves of Don Gilmore and moved to Machine Shop, they can do whatever the hell they want on the next album. Just out of curiosity, what would the rest of you like to hear?

I, for one, would like hearing some more complex guitar parts. I'm not counting on shred solos, but Brad's got to step up and play something more interesting than dropped tuning barre chords. Also, I think it would be cool to hear some double bass from Rob. It would add some more agression to the songs. Finally, I really don't want to hear the same old depressed lyrics. Those get really boring really fast.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Brad-Better Guitaring. How about some solos or somthing? I'm not saying overdo it and turn LP into a heavy metal band but some songs could do with some solos.

Chester-More agressive singing than what he's been doing recently

Mike-More piano stuff. He also needs to play the guitar more to help Brad out a bit. Also if Mike can produce something like Montreal then...

Rob-Rob's doing an awesome drumming job because some of the drum patterns in Meteora were quite complexed however they still have the same kind of feel to them from HT so a difference in drumming would be good.

Pheonix-Needs to stop standing there looking deep in thought and let his bass playing out. Seriously in LIT and the concert I went to he looked really soloumn apart from maybe a few minutes.

Joe-Better instrumentals than Session. Stuff like Cure For the Itch would be awesome.

The whole band needs to stop writing about depressing thins aswell. How about some hapy things :lol:

Zack

Zack Banned

I'd like to here rapping and screaming like LP has always done. I hope it's not light rock and hip-hop, because then I will not listen to LP ever again. j/k

I will always listen to LP. Chester also confirmed there will be TONS of screaming, he even had to take a day off in the studio because of all the screaming. Needless to say, I'll be very satisfied with the new LP album.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
    Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

Better guitar parts, Chester screaming more. Mike also stepping up a little more. Also better lyrics..With more of a heavier sound.

finality

finality Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't want another song that sounds like One Step Closer (Don't Stay).

I'm hoping they get a little more diverse in the progression of each song.

Also, more instrumentals thrown in, and more tracks period. I'd rather them keep the B-sides on the released album itself instead of cutting it down to 11 + an instrumental...

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

the band.

*kabumtsss*

thanks for coming out!

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i just want them to go back to the HTEP formula with their writting but keep the Meteora quality to it...

Also i want them to experiment more.. not stick to whats safe..

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

As far as what I'd like to here on the new album, I'd like to hear some louder and more complex songs. Brad, instead of doing power chords most of the time, should do something more intricate, but shouldn't over-do it. I'd like to hear Rob do some double-bass stuff too, and make his drumming a bit more intricate. Chester should use his more of his soft, concentrated voice, rather than screaming more. But, screaming is still necessary. Mike definitely needs to play more piano and guitar, and also needs to step up as far as his rhymes go. Phoenix needs to step up too. His bass playing is basically going along with power chords. I mean, more than one pluck a measure is great. Joe...I'd like to hear him more. A lot of his parts on the songs are discreet and you can barely hear him unless he has a little solo.

As far as lyrics go, I'd like them to still keep the sort of mellow feeling in there, but not as deep as Meteora went. I'd like to hear some of those Story-telling rap songs like Kenji (even though that's historical, you get the idea). I don't want all songs about how "I" feel. I want songs that talk about how someone else feels, and how they react.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

more complex drum parts, that's all I want. not that the drum parts that they have now aren't good already, but I think it could be better. they should try new beats like they did with meteora ("faint") and hybrid theory ("papercut")..

...everything else, as far as their music is going is fine.

but hell, if mike did all the production for fort minor without much assistance (in terms of production itself; comparing what he intended to what it became) than it'll be much better with LP when he has his bandmembers around and so on.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't want it to become too instrument based. I like LP's style of instruments supposrting vocals, I find long guitar solos and such boring. Mike needs some rhymes of Xero calibur (although not in subject manner). Chester is fine. I want them to keep the depressing lyrics, but they can step their game up from Meteora (Hybrid Theory was great, so was the EP, go back to that). A few new subjests would be fine as well, I just don't want "happy" songs.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I liked Hybrid Theory and Meteora but Meteora was a "more of the same" album. I think some people got what they wanted cause it sold a lot but it wasn't that original.
    I would like to hear something new from Mr. Hahn (don't know what but it would be nice), Brad playing some more interesting stuff, Mike more piano (and with all the stuff he can play maybe some violine would be nice on a track like numb :p ).
    But most of all i want them to be LP and playing some shows in Europe :p

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Another thing I'd like to point out about Brad's guitar playing is that aswell as improvement he needs to vary guitar sounds. Hell he's been playing guitar for a loooooong time and yet people like Matt Heafy who are only 19 could still out play him...

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Definetly more complex guitar riffs from Brad and if Rob could try some double bass it would be interesting to. As for the rapping and stuff, Mike really needs to pick up the speed and lyrics a bit. As for Phoenix, well he needs more parts if anything. And joe definetly needs a solo here and there. Theres not much to say on Chester's bit since his parts has been sort of consistent...

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear some more live strings, like Breaking The Habit. Id also love for Brad to step up his guitar. But I wouldnt want any solos, those are just stupid.

Also, Joe has to work on his turntable riffs, go back to the stuff like Crawling. Also, Mike has to get back on the keyboard. For the next instrumental, Mike and Joe should team up.

Linkin_park_chick

Linkin_park_chick Active Member

Yea definatley more screaming! That dosent make the song but it gives that extra kick and its great. I dont want the new album to go more on the hip hope side, sure fort minor was great but bring back the linkin park we all love with the rocking and rap mix. But not for it to go far over the rapping side. Also Yeah old linkin park is all good but a taste of a bit of new style to make the album different to the others.

and yeah this proberly will never happen sadly.. but you never know. COME TO NEW ZEALAND (w00t) :)

mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

i think double bass would be well cool for rob, more screaming yeh, but more complex bass riffs would be well cool.

i would also like chester to get his guitar outta the closet and dust it down, and play on a few songs. um, what else, how about some simple riff with some complex technical riff over the top, that always sounds good imo.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

of course, i would like to here the style of LP we all love, but something new. hopefully joe will have new sounds to play with, and i want alot more out of pheonix and chester. i really hope there will be more instrumentals in the new album, rather than one.

emyly

emyly freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it

yeah that

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I just want to hear something different this time. I still love the ht and meteora sound, but I think they realized its time to branch out a little and experiment.

I think they should make an even heavier record than Meteora this time, that would be great. And they should give more power to Mr. Hahn, Rob, and Brad... and let Phoenix do more solo's as well.

Someone once told me that hybrid theory was dark and depressing and Meteora is realizing you have a problem and trying to heal and overcome....

On the third album they should come out of the hole and write about how beautiful life can be maybe?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
    Pandemia

Pandemia Active Member

I think that the new album will be really dark 'n it'll rock! I'd like 2 find aggressive screamin' (just like in "lying from you") mixed with the dark (that gives us the idea of hi tech or being teleported 2 Japan) sounds we could find n A cure for the itch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.