Who else thinks Little Things Give You Away is the best song LP have ever made?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Is TLTGYA Linkin Park's best song?

1. Too right boi

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Nah boi

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I personally love that the song takes its time to develop and evolve over the course of 6 minutes. Nothing feels rushed or poorly executed, it just seamlessly flows together.

Sasuke likes this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

"Waiting for The End" has undisputedly been my favorite song of theirs to date since pretty much when I first heard it, and it would take a truly special track to top it. I don't think I'd even place TLTGYA as my favorite closer of theirs as I think I'd give it to "Tinfoil"/"Powerless", but it's one of their best written for sure. I do love the build-up to both of these closing tracks and they're among their most memorable songs to me. It and "In Between" showed what a dynamic duo Chester & Mike are, straying away from their conventional rap-sing formula.

MtM, in general, has some of my favorite writing of theirs (TLTGYA, SoTD), but it also has some of my least favorite (HHH). I may have to place it as my favorite album of theirs overall. MtM-ATS-LT are 3 consecutive albums that have cemented me as a fan. In retrospect, THP is still kind of a letdown for me after those.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I think I have to agree with every single think that you said in this post, but personally I prefer TLTGYA over Tinfoil/Powerless as my favorite album closers. Two fantastic album closers, though.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I can barely hold an opinion, if I were to be asked the same question next week I may say TLGYA is no doubt my favorite closer. I'm pretty certain I've called most of their albums my favorite of theirs at some point, then also called those same ones "trash" or a "mess" :lol: - Won't be surprised if I end up calling "OML" my favorite LP album, then flip flop on it every month.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

TLGYA is one of the more criminally underrated tracks from Minutes really. It definitely deserved a longer lifespan in live shows than it actually got.

ragsta likes this.