Who would you want for president?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by forgotten_papercut, Oct 20, 2004.

?

who would you vote for president?

1. 1) John Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2) George W. Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3) neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4)uhhh........who?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Heaven forbid that a politician lies. I don't think the world would be running properly if a politician always told the truth. [/b][/quote]
    No one will live to see the day that politicians don't lie.

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

voted for Bush at least he doesnt use ketchup in a war

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I voted Bush because when he screws up, its funny. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's ridiculous.

And Neil; when he screws up, thousands die.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

I think I now hate you more than any other person on the planet for saying that...even more than Bush.

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

You critisize John Kerry for having a wife who owns a huge ketchup company. I critisize you and the republicans for being lame enough to create this.

In a speech just before the 2000 election, Nader proclaimed, "Our campaign is one of principle and idealism.” [Source: Bulletin’s Frontrunner, 11/1/00]

In 2004, “principle and idealism” don’t seem to matter so much to Nader’s campaign. “‘You have to do what you have to do to get on the ballot,’ Kevin Zeese, Nader's campaign spokesman in Washington, D.C., said.” [Source: Charleston Gazette, 7/20/04]

I suggest everyone taking a look at this. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not vote for someone who openly WORKS WITH the Republican party. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Nader is only running to screw the Democratic party. A presidential canidate needs to listen to the people, something Nader is not doing. People do not want him on the ballot this year. That is why he can barely scrape up 1,000 signitures in a whole entire state(which is why he resorts to forging signitures)! His own party doesn't even want him to run. :rolleyes:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think I now hate you more than any other person on the planet for saying that...even more than Bush. [/b][/quote]
    I couldn't agree more. What a horrible, horrible thing to say.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Not to mention the Patriot Act <_<

I concur.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i totally agree w/ you there Todd

<!--QuoteBegin--Link04

Vote for change, vote Nader.
    [/quote]
    Link, in this election, if ppl vote for Nader than they will be voting against change. this election is going to be so tight, that if the liberals who would have voted for Kerry are voting for Nader it will just give Bush more of a lead, thus creating more of the same. Nader will never get enough votes in this election to make a difference.

me, i am totally for Kerry to win. i like his background; i just saw a documentary on him on PBS last night. i am so mad that i can't vote this year(i turn 18 in January :angry: )

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I can see what you mean, but I guess you're not hearing what I've been saying all along. If Kerry gets elected, not as much will change as you think. The same corrupt system with the same corrupt mindset and the same corporate influences will be in power. This is not just about getting Bush out of office for me, though I WOULD be much happier to see anyone win but Bush. What you're presenting me with only strengthens my view; you seem to think that there are only two candidates, and there aren't. America has another choice, and in my opinion, a better one.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

believe me, i know there are more than two canidate....im saying that in this race there are only two canidates....in this race voting for Nader is not going to make a significant difference, other than keeping Bush in office(which none of us want). right now i am willing to do just about anything to get Bush out of office....(not that i can make a big difference, especially since i can't vote).....for me, for the country, i think it is more important to get Bush out at the moment......and i know it is still the same corrupted government ruling our lives, but at least Kerry will appoint better Supreem Judges(imo since i am pro choice and everything)......i am more of a green party than anything else and i want to protect our beutiful country as much as possibe....we have to get this war mungaring, religion filled, pro "life", idiot Bush out of office!

i hope i explained myself well enough

Link04

Link04 Ambient

That's a defeated and settled view that I can't possibly take on as my own. Frankly, you're wrong in saying we only have two choices this election. While replacing Bush may be your immediate goal, I look at the long term goal of the betterment of the whole system. I don't want Bush. Kerry is only half of what I want. There are more than two candidates out there. I will not conform to the expectations set in place by the media. I believe Ralph Nader is the best man for president, and I would not vote anyone else.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

That's a defeated and settled view that I can't possibly take on as my own. Frankly, you're wrong in saying we only have two choices this election. While replacing Bush may be your immediate goal, I look at the long term goal of the betterment of the whole system. I don't want Bush. Kerry is only half of what I want. There are more than two candidates out there. I will not conform to the expectations set in place by the media. I believe Ralph Nader is the best man for president, and I would not vote anyone else. [/b][/quote]
    I would normally agree with you Link, but this is not an ordinary election. Many are calling this one of the most important elections ever; we have to get Bush out of office. I don't think you can disagree that the votes Nader would receive would normally go to Kerry, if Nader were not running. By that logic, Nader's votes are taking away from Kerry, giving Bush an edge.

If this election weren't so critical, and if the state, life, and reputation of the US were not in such dire straights, I would see nothing wrong with voting for Nader. In this case however, I find it to the utmost importance to get Bush out of office, and Kerry is the only viable candidate who can accomplish that, realistically.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I respect that, but I just couldn't vote for Kerry and look at myself in the mirror the next day. Just my personal view. I agree that getting Bush out of office is important, but I just don't think Kerry is the man for the job either.

And what if you took all the people who voted Kerry, but really preferred Nader? What if they all voted for who they really saw as the best candidate? Wouldn't that give Nader more popularity and credibility to set him up for elections to come? I just can't ask for change and do nothing to change it. Kerry, in my opinion, is not much of a change.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

That's a defeated and settled view that I can't possibly take on as my own. Frankly, you're wrong in saying we only have two choices this election. While replacing Bush may be your immediate goal, I look at the long term goal of the betterment of the whole system. I don't want Bush. Kerry is only half of what I want. There are more than two candidates out there. I will not conform to the expectations set in place by the media. I believe Ralph Nader is the best man for president, and I would not vote anyone else. [/b][/quote]
    And thats what I've been trying to tell my brother when he brought up the same issue...as I said in an earlier post, there will be more people as fanatic and pro-capitalist as Bush another 4 years down the road...

And Kerry isn't all that different from Bush, just look at his policies.

Con4md_Anarchist

Con4md_Anarchist Member

Elect Nader for President.

Our country needs it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

the two party system, like, i do not.
    full of lies and bs propaganda, kerry is.
    dumb, bush is.
    want for president, who do i? none of the above.

admiral ackbar IS making a strong push tho..

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

I can see that if all the voters in November were made up of LPA members, Kerry would win by a mile. :lol:

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

They are both fucking idiots :angry: