Why PC Gamers are the Luckiest Gamers

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Reed To Black, Aug 7, 2014.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Mods. Mods everywhere. Already the games have obvious graphical improvements, but then you have people putting out mods that enhance the experience and in a way turn it into an entirely different game. This makes me wish I had a PC that could run games so bad. What are the coolest/most interesting mods that you have seen???

Here's a mod from Arma III called "Altis Life RPG". It's a cops and robbers type thing, and it is awesome, and I wish that I could play it, but I can't. :dave:

[video=youtube_share;EwYdlv07bJI]http://youtu.be/EwYdlv07bJI[/video]

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

pc master race.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Lolz my PS4 can kick anyone's computers butt :kappa:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Kiss, kiss, kiss.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I don't know why but I just can't justify gaming on my computer. Not sure what it is, but it just feels like that's not what it was made for. Of course, that feeling's not there with my Razer Blade, because there's just this mentality that it was designed for gaming in mind.

Conversely, I love playing on my 360 and One.

I'm weird.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Actually, you're not. Anytime I go to a friend's house and play on their PC I have to plug in the Xbox or Playstation controller to accomplish anything. Unless it's Minecraft.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

First person shooters are best played with a keyboard and mouse.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Same here lol. I play Killing Floor with my buddy using a keyboard and mouse and it just feels wrong. I need a controller to play games. I use a keyboard for typing useless junk into my browser.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah. I only like shooters when on a computer and my fighting games on a PlayStation console.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I can't do shit with a joystick.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I love ARMA III to death.

This. I find aiming easier on a mouse than with an analog stick. So much easier to do a fast look.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm a lifelong console gamer. In the past, I never really invested much in my PCs to play games because I didn't think I had to. But I finally built a decent gaming rig a little over a year ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. It doesn't take long to get accustomed to playing with a keyboard and mouse -- it's downright essential for strategy and FPS games. You can still play just about any major title with a 360 controller, though, so you don't have to deal with the awkwardness of playing a more console-centric action game with a keyboard and mouse. Plus, there's a slew of homegrown PC franchises that I had little to no exposure to before that I can enjoy in all their glory now (I am so fucking on the Civilization train now that it is kind of ridiculous).

I understand that the investment isn't for everyone. My desktop is pretty much my media hub, so I can justify paying for the extra horsepower for reasons other than just gaming. And I thought the whole process of researching parts and putting my PC together was fun. It gives you a much better understanding of how the hardware works.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I absolutely want to build a gaming PC. From the little bit of gaming that I've done that my laptop can run, plus a bit from friends' computers, keyboard and mouse is the way to go.

Also, FTP games, indie titles, crazy sales, and :pirate:. All of which are basically nonexistent on console. All in all, gaming is just going to cost less than playing on a console, even considering the fact that you could be spending more than twice on a good PC than you would on a console. Also, you get a machine that does more than a console would.